The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced

Sponsored By
Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

I started a thread the other day featuring a great video on EQing...

matt thomas
replies: 136 views: 71,023
GautamRoy 6 hours ago

Hi ,and let me state first of all that i have no clue as to where the appropriate place for the following question on...

cnlgs
replies: 152 views: 128,652
mattiasnyc 8th September 2018

How to EQ

Does anyone know of any other great videos of how to eq? Here is a great lesson on how to EQ (or at least one of the ways to...

matt thomas
replies: 110 views: 60,360
mikeg.lazer 9th August 2018

Hey everyone, I'm really struggling to grasp the concept of dB and all its different aplications. I've read some "dB...

gmx750
replies: 41 views: 71,269
stardustmedia 23rd April 2015

To start a new thread simply click on the 'new thread' button (you need to register as a member to see this button and to make...

Jules
replies: 0 views: 34,606
Jules 17th January 2013

1) No being harsh / making fun of newbies :tut: and kip the sarcasm please! This is an area for basic questions that might have...

Jules
replies: 0 views: 35,397
Jules 1st February 2011

For 432 hz tuning I set my temperament to pythagorean because I read it was the best (unless you know better). Below my...

CuriousYearner
replies: 0 views: 1
CuriousYearner 12 minutes ago

For 432 hz tuning I set my temperament to pythagorean because I read it was the best (unless you know better). Below my...

CuriousYearner
replies: 0 views: 1
CuriousYearner 13 minutes ago

Hello again. I am considering signing up for one of these or something else if anybody has some other suggestions. I am curious...

foamboy
replies: 8 views: 2,231
JSchlomo 1 hour ago

So what do you think guys? Line out to return input of audient? Mic out to mic pre of audient? Something else perhaps? And what...

villis
replies: 3 views: 108
Zargg 2 hours ago

Hello folks, I need some expertise advice! My bass recordings are just dull & lifeless. Zero harmonics, no resonance,...

MisterCrayle
replies: 18 views: 429
jerry123 2 hours ago

Hey guys! I'm relatively new at producing music and I still have a long way to go in terms of producing a quality track. I've...

shaunchin
replies: 7 views: 188
Bushman 3 hours ago

I record Rock/Pop Country type tunes and I try to sonically match those genres. I usually hi-pass my final mixes at 20hz which...

bvdd
replies: 11 views: 286
matucha 4 hours ago

Hi I'm in college doing a music technology course. One of the criteria is about equipment for live sound. This, obviously,...

Pookah
replies: 0 views: 70
Pookah 5 hours ago

Good morning collegues, I've been recording vocals with a Lexicon Omega for the last 10 years and due to bad (or even...

Milla
replies: 0 views: 79
Milla 7 hours ago

Hi, newbie here. i currently have the presonus audiobox itwo but cant get a good signal from it. the preamp in it are so weak and...

TUNJAY
replies: 3 views: 157
pief 9 hours ago

I'm curious to know if people are getting great results without tons of plugins. Basically, can you create a nice recording and...

tobinharris
replies: 29 views: 561
hello people 11 hours ago

Hello folks I’m going to record a friend of mine who owns a Yamaha C7. The recording will take at his home (not a studio...

Lovecraft
replies: 0 views: 94
Lovecraft 11 hours ago
replies: - views: -
joeq 13 hours ago

I have been using a mackie profx8 mixer to run my internet radio station for about 6 months now. All of a sudden if I touch the...

Rcwarren
replies: 1 views: 208
Wayne 14 hours ago

A bit of an esoteric question, but over the years, I've heard a number of engineers talk about the angles of microphones being...

CEB
replies: 1 views: 134
Wayne 14 hours ago

Hello there ! I'm trying to connect a rode NT1 to a Xenyx Q802 USB mixer or to a Zoom H4nPro without results. - When I...

tiquicia69
replies: 0 views: 103
tiquicia69 16 hours ago

I've been hearing about Garageband forever and one thing that keeps bothering me about it is how some people supposedly create...

SlugPass
replies: 22 views: 616
open_source 17 hours ago

Good day, thanks for paying attention to my thread. The thing is i am studying mix.engineering and working in headphones for...

Tamer Lane
replies: 33 views: 1,104
jammiedodger666 21 hours ago

I've been trying to record on Logic Pro x for so long to no avail. I've tried multiple things that people have suggested and...

producer679
replies: 15 views: 462
stella645 22 hours ago

Hey there ablian I made home studio a year ago for 'personal demo(n)s, and now i liked the way I'm going and decided to made...

iamsovun
replies: 0 views: 136
iamsovun 22 hours ago

So basically I’ve always just recorded raw hip hop vocals with no compression and compressed my vocals using plugins after in...

Santw_96
replies: 32 views: 992
Sigma 23 hours ago

Hi gearslutzers! I’m Chris from Rome ITA and this is my second post since I registered here on Gearslutz! Firstly I would...

Chris Tarzia
replies: 0 views: 144
Chris Tarzia 1 day ago

Hi everyone, recently i upgraded my mixer to a behringer UFX12. Everything is solid but i got one huge problem. I can't seem to...

Vitalised
replies: 0 views: 180
Vitalised 1 day ago

Hey all, Newbie here with a question I've been curious for answers for lately! I have a rather modest home recording setup...

Flight_of_Icarus
replies: 15 views: 523
crosscutred 1 day ago

Hi guys, Long time viewer for answers, never signed up and posted before, for one because I didn't begin to know enough to...

begals
replies: 8 views: 390
begals 1 day ago

Hi! Im trying to create a ratchet effect.. without modular synths. Like the sounds you can hear starting at 0:50 in this...

sdhdavid
replies: 4 views: 286
open_source 2 days ago

Hi All, I am after getting a USB mixer that is able to allow me to choose which sources to just monitor, and which to send...

Sasquatch91
replies: 3 views: 284
Poinzy 2 days ago

Hi there I am quite new to the world of synths thus I decided to start my quest by purchasing a volca keys and beats. To...

aigovoskos
replies: 6 views: 283
aigovoskos 2 days ago

I'm a musician, music and music production teacher and newbie mixing professional (started 1 year ago, 7 or 8 tracks for close...

Nyroh
replies: 29 views: 817
Waltz Mastering 2 days ago

I need up to date advice about the subject. I'm thinking about getting one or the other. I'm on a budget but I want the...

cuhluh
replies: 23 views: 4,153
ianblack8 2 days ago

How do you guys approach recording a guitar using fuzz (mic>pre>DAW) thru a guitar amp. Any significant difference from...

Farabut
replies: 5 views: 340
Farabut 2 days ago

I know about industry std fx but what are the holy grails either rack or pedal please tks

ianm2
replies: 9 views: 552
johannburkard 2 days ago

Hello,guys First of all i want to say that i am at beginner level so sorry for the stupid questions. So,i will buy pair of...

ApO.
replies: 11 views: 314
ApO. 2 days ago

Adrian Younge seems to do everything in the analog domain. How does he do his arranging / sequencing? I've read some interviews...

Tracs
replies: 1 views: 583
Infamous 2 days ago

Hello all, Does anyone know if there is a way for multiple analog synths to follow one envelope? I have heard the term...

rdavila
replies: 2 views: 208
open_source 3 days ago

Hi. This is my situation. I have to use headphones a lot to avoid annoying my wife while practicing on the guitar. I currently...

RaymondSte
replies: 13 views: 298
RaymondSte 3 days ago

Ive breifly searched this board and while im sure my questions may have been answered, there are terms and abbreviations that...

talamobeatz
replies: 5 views: 240
talamobeatz 3 days ago

The auto sleep mode causes youtube to not work and other stuff. It will only be activated whenever I play something above 50 dB,...

Harleyard
replies: 8 views: 4,707
kuLLe 3 days ago

Hey everyone, I'm an independent recording artist with no previous experience in mastering. Due to budget constraints (i.e., I'm...

3rdlane
replies: 4 views: 377
3rdlane 3 days ago

Hello. When I unpatch from my patchbay should I remove the outputs or inputs first? When I pull the cables out the meters...

coolname6
replies: 3 views: 269
coolname6 3 days ago

Hello I'm new to recording and wanted to know how to record my amp(s) using a Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 to my *Marshall JVM410H...

Backfortheattack
replies: 4 views: 249
Backfortheattack 4 days ago

Hello, I recently started getting into making beats and drum tracks. When I play my Roland TR8 through headphones it sounds...

Mrock91
replies: 1 views: 362
CJ Mastering 4 days ago

I have a shure sm7b which is connected to my focusrite 2i2, which is connected to my IMac, my DBx286s is also connected to my...

producer679
replies: 2 views: 241
CJ Mastering 4 days ago

hi there..i am having a few hed fuks with a new home studio... i have a behringer xenyx 1002B mixer with a sampler a vocal box a...

kooly
replies: 11 views: 473
CJ Mastering 4 days ago

rSaC-YbSDpo does anyone know what this sound (the first piano note) is that occurs in many 80's recordings? It sounds to me...

Dkelloway
replies: 1 views: 233
jammiedodger666 4 days ago

Hi im having problems with making reamp sound good on a metal track hi gain sound. I'm finding amps sound better with guitar...

beatsfromthesun
replies: 4 views: 245
Monk u 4 days ago

Hey everyone, So I'm at wit's end trying to figure out what's wrong with my Push/Ableton/analog synth, and tech support is not...

lionhe4d
replies: 1 views: 200
lionhe4d 4 days ago

hello. i am trying to record drums and guitar together live however i am short of understanding how to assign each instrument to...

haunted3
replies: 4 views: 271
joeq 4 days ago

hello there i have been wondering what exactly happens to the audio signal when your headphones are plugged half way or 1/3 of...

cftwo
replies: 1 views: 218
FreshProduce 4 days ago

Hello everyone... I seek advice on the following. Since I recently bought my first audiocard with digital input (RME UCX) I now...

akoasma
replies: 0 views: 211
akoasma 4 days ago

Moderators

Forum Tools
Search this Forum
Search this Forum :

Advanced Search