The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced

Newbie audio engineering + production question zone

Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

How to EQ

Does anyone know of any other great videos of how to eq? Here is a great lesson on how to EQ (or at least one of the ways to...

matt thomas
replies: 108 views: 54,690
RobDrmz 1 week ago

I started a thread the other day featuring a great video on EQing...

matt thomas
replies: 130 views: 64,432
bainmack 9th March 2018

Hi ,and let me state first of all that i have no clue as to where the appropriate place for the following question on...

cnlgs
replies: 148 views: 119,688
mattiasnyc 27th January 2018

Hey everyone, I'm really struggling to grasp the concept of dB and all its different aplications. I've read some "dB...

gmx750
replies: 41 views: 66,112
stardustmedia 23rd April 2015

To start a new thread simply click on the 'new thread' button (you need to register as a member to see this button and to make...

Jules
replies: 0 views: 32,679
Jules 17th January 2013

1) No being harsh / making fun of newbies :tut: and kip the sarcasm please! This is an area for basic questions that might have...

Jules
replies: 0 views: 32,988
Jules 1st February 2011

Hello, is gain staging important while recording as long as you don't clip your interface? Does it make any difference to keep...

TNC
replies: 4 views: 113
Bitsmith 47 minutes ago

I come from a classical composition background, and as such, I lean towards crafting dense arrangements for my songs. The...

Prockamaniac
replies: 20 views: 436
loujudson 2 hours ago

Hi all, Over the years it has been a slight frustration for me that a lot of sound engineers are either effect-shy (e.g. they...

Daniel_H
replies: 7 views: 321
Sacha 3 hours ago

Hi, my name is Kenn and I'm an aspiring engineer. I'm reaching out today about the unique relationship between the Apogee...

whitehareclub
replies: 2 views: 299
Lumbergh 5 hours ago

I have the chance to pick up a Crane Song Hedd 192 for quite cheap, however I am doubting whether this would be something for me....

neoking
replies: 1 views: 308
CJ Mastering 5 hours ago

Objective: Record two types of LIVE arrangements: 1. Singer/songwriter acoustic guitar and vox; 2. Singer/songwriter with...

Sherman90
replies: 3 views: 283
CJ Mastering 5 hours ago

After I have installed high sierra suddenly I have a very loud noise floor, or some kind of noise. I don´t know if it was a...

lejonkungen
replies: 1 views: 279
CJ Mastering 6 hours ago

I want to get the best quality vocal recordings to send off to professional engineers. Seems like everyone has trouble mixing my...

Trill92
replies: 8 views: 453
CJ Mastering 6 hours ago

So I'm recording a bunch of guitar tracks for live shows, and I'm finding that the guitars tend to sound fairly ok in terms of...

Naoki971
replies: 3 views: 273
CJ Mastering 6 hours ago

Hello, I am having a very weird noise when recording. I exported two mp3 versions of a section of something I purposely...

JuanJo778
replies: 5 views: 360
CJ Mastering 6 hours ago

I am working with a Lexicon Reflex (reverb) that I run to out of the aux send on the console to mono in on the Reflex. I return...

tjonau
replies: 1 views: 279
CJ Mastering 6 hours ago

Obviously, a great deal of this is user-dependent but what are some common design considerations when building a modern flexible...

CEB
replies: 1 views: 217
CJ Mastering 6 hours ago

Ok, I have a bricasti m7 that I want to use on my recorded audio track on Logic X. I'm using RME 802 interface with Totalmix....

Cellotalent
replies: 0 views: 110
Cellotalent 9 hours ago

Hi GS I've just got a hold of a volca bass, which I am running in via a Focusrite Saffire Pro 40. Originally I bought a mono...

Nealeh
replies: 4 views: 559
MidiFrq 21 hours ago

what is the best website for i understand about analog? thank you for your answer

Jacateb
replies: 1 views: 314
Bender412 1 day ago

Hello, Help needed please, This is a noob thread, so apologies if this type of issue has been covered, let's say, more than...

Hando
replies: 1 views: 290
Hando 1 day ago

Hello! I am a Linux user, completely new to audio production and Windows. I have also started playing the saxophone again, a...

anarchosax
replies: 11 views: 366
anarchosax 1 day ago

Which headphones are the best for both recording vocals and mixing music (mostly rap and electronic music) under 100$? I made...

michal12345
replies: 38 views: 1,171
cavern 1 day ago

This is probably a really ignorant question, but here goes. We host a two person podcast. We will be having phone/Skype...

docdaddy
replies: 7 views: 366
docdaddy 1 day ago

Hi I have an MFB 522 which i control via midi clock ie. I use the onboard mfb sequencer rather than sequence it in logic but...

WebbNZ
replies: 1 views: 308
Subverter 1 day ago

Hi there, As we know that analog type VST plugins (especially Waves audio ext) has sweet spot -18dbfs. So If sound/channel's...

MatchesMalone_
replies: 16 views: 616
MatchesMalone_ 1 day ago

Hi guys, I have to record some acoustic guitar and some vocals (16 bits) with a condenser microphone on a small mixer and I am...

Plasticine
replies: 38 views: 2,301
MatchesMalone_ 1 day ago

I've had the SX-1 since 2005, but for various reasons stopped using it until recently. For the life of me I can't remember how...

Wolfsong
replies: 11 views: 5,125
dlmorley 2 days ago

First time post! I am trying to record a piano track for a song but gear and money is limited. This is what I have: M-track...

Obobokhan
replies: 1 views: 314
Bushman 2 days ago

I'm having all kinds of issues with noise in my apartment. I flat-out can't use the single coil pickup through my amp or record...

snowforts
replies: 9 views: 425
aste 2 days ago

Hello, I am having a CD-R playback problem. Burned CD's from my computer are playing back around 6 dB quieter on my car CD...

charwh
replies: 11 views: 390
whiteaxxxe 2 days ago

Hey, For the last several months I have been recording through a presonus interface which I bypass the preamps on and run into...

hiphop24360
replies: 11 views: 333
wrgkmc 2 days ago

so when i listen to my synth with headphones plugged directly into it the sound is very clear. when i feed my synth into the...

Acidizer
replies: 3 views: 290
tedtan 3 days ago

Wasn't sure where to post this.. I've traced an issue I'm having with my Focal Solo6 to two chips on the board, but there could...

Lostinthamusic
replies: 3 views: 329
jseelye02 3 days ago

Hi, The day has finally come where I've step by step upgraded everything I've desired at the time. I'm a...

krisrandom
replies: 0 views: 287
krisrandom 3 days ago

Hi. Can someone help me out please? I'm going to be purchasing the slate digital and ssl subscriptions. The pay one time for...

Richarddthompson
replies: 0 views: 269
Richarddthompson 3 days ago

Hi there I cant see anuone else having this problem here. But im creating a LOT of sounds and little pieces of music for a game...

birdclaw
replies: 2 views: 296
birdclaw 3 days ago

Hello to all you gear and music headz out there! My name is Andrew I live in the US( Associate Degree in Sound Engineering)...

andrewoc07
replies: 10 views: 581
Bushman 3 days ago

Hi! I was given a multitrack recording by my mixing teacher and my question was: do the tracks recorded in stereo (for example an...

SantiV98
replies: 4 views: 347
deedeeyeah 3 days ago

Hi all this is my first post as I am new to this forum So I'm obsessed with Mass Effect and I spend a lot of my time trying to...

DoYouKnowsDeWay
replies: 0 views: 303
DoYouKnowsDeWay 3 days ago

I have a powered mixer (500 watt rms) I am using for Monitors and a 736 watt RMS two channel power Amp I am using for subs and...

kenletson
replies: 6 views: 369
kenletson 3 days ago

Hi, This problem is driving me nuts, as I cant see how I have set this up incorrect. I already made a topic earlier this year...

neoking
replies: 8 views: 466
neoking 4 days ago

Hi Guys i am kind of new here read the rules and hope this is appropriate. I am working on a song on logic pro and have an...

Dig It
replies: 2 views: 342
Dig It 4 days ago

Hi all, I’ve been a member of gearslutz for quite some time now but I still consider myself to be a newbie. So here we go with...

ob1
replies: 4 views: 337
dights 4 days ago

I was wondering what is a preferred way of compressing kick and snare on the way in when using 2 mics for both the snare and kick...

NerdyUsername
replies: 7 views: 348
NerdyUsername 4 days ago

I was recently listening to 'Midnight' by Coldplay, and there were a few things I wanted to understand about the production of...

Naoki971
replies: 0 views: 258
Naoki971 4 days ago

Hello everyone! I've recently gotten into all of this worldbof music production, and I'm getting the gist of it quite...

hmad
replies: 6 views: 367
hmad 4 days ago

Hi everyone So we are a 3-piece and a lot of our live set is backing track with synths, percussion etc. We use a very simple...

Naoki971
replies: 6 views: 388
Naoki971 4 days ago

Hello all, I have a Yamaha MC 1604 mixer at home. I am tracking through the board into Logic Pro x. I do my mix itb. When I...

Bpbaggins93
replies: 1 views: 285
Wayne 4 days ago

And yet all of my favorite recordings barely have any if at all. cellfone

goom
replies: 7 views: 388
cavern 4 days ago

Hi everyone. I'm trying to figure out everything happening with the vocals on this...

ty45
replies: 1 views: 310
ty45 4 days ago

So I read a post/article made by an audio engineer named Graham Cochrane that runs a website of blogposts, articles, and...

steffeeH
replies: 54 views: 11,044
MatchesMalone_ 4 days ago

YouTube Hey guys, I know there was a thread on a similar subject already but no one was really sure about the answer. Clip is...

zathrasb5
replies: 17 views: 988
musman1950 4 days ago

Happy Friday all, Recently, I have been revisiting my rock CD collection (and old memories!). My favorite guitarist list...

eddiejobson
replies: 4 views: 348
apoehler 5 days ago

Hey guys. I have a copy of Propellerhead Reason, a MicroKORG, and a Moog Slim Phatty. I am still learning my way around the...

DiggyDre
replies: 25 views: 3,964
ctothej123 5 days ago

Moderators

Forum Tools
Search this Forum
Search this Forum :

Advanced Search