The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Forum  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending

Sponsored ByThreeBodyTech
Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

Hi ,and let me state first of all that i have no clue as to where the appropriate place for the following question on...

cnlgs
replies: 172 views: 149,713
avare 3 weeks ago

How to EQ

Does anyone know of any other great videos of how to eq? Here is a great lesson on how to EQ (or at least one of the ways to...

matt thomas
replies: 126 views: 73,631
Choko 4 weeks ago

I started a thread the other day featuring a great video on EQing...

matt thomas
replies: 149 views: 86,193
Jeff Hayat 4 weeks ago

Hey everyone, I'm really struggling to grasp the concept of dB and all its different aplications. I've read some "dB...

gmx750
replies: 41 views: 83,007
stardustmedia 23rd April 2015

To start a new thread simply click on the 'new thread' button (you need to register as a member to see this button and to make...

Jules
replies: 0 views: 38,793
Jules 17th January 2013

1) No being harsh / making fun of newbies :tut: and kip the sarcasm please! This is an area for basic questions that might have...

Jules
replies: 0 views: 40,836
Jules 1st February 2011

So I was wondering why MIDI can't be used to trigger, for example, a gain plugin sidechain or sidechain compression. What is...

Naoki971
replies: 6 views: 353
Murky Waters 35 minutes ago

What mics do you use when recording verses and choruses? Do you need more than 1 or 2 for different sounds like high and low...

Circulate
replies: 2 views: 117
Murky Waters 38 minutes ago

Hey guys newbie tape production Q here. I’ve got an Apogee symphony MK 1 silver face 8x8, and an SSL VHD 4 channel pre in a...

codyrea
replies: 6 views: 361
codyrea 1 hour ago

Hi guys I have a Warm audio Pre Amp & i want to make sure i’m using the pre in there and not my apollo twin. So i read...

ForeignFaraz
replies: 0 views: 71
ForeignFaraz 2 hours ago

I have an entry level studio set up right now, but just missing one thing. I need some good sounds. Can you please recommend...

foul_owl
replies: 0 views: 99
foul_owl 3 hours ago
replies: - views: -
OriginTheory 6 hours ago

hi guys firstoff thx for replying #1 - A general question In regards to rec vocals only (as all i rec are vocals), i currently...

nsta555
replies: 24 views: 657
chessparov2.0 6 hours ago

Hey guys! heppy I just recently thought about mixing my tracks "analog", as i've seen nice vintage eq's and channel...

lolomo
replies: 2 views: 243
DownTheLine 7 hours ago

The verby vocals behave as a melodic pad instrument throughout the song. How is this done? What kind of vocal lines/runs...

tehuku
replies: 0 views: 291
tehuku 16 hours ago

Hi all, I've tried googling this several times and browsing the threads here but can't seem to find an answer. Some...

gofalkurself22
replies: 3 views: 432
BT64 16 hours ago

Hello All, After 25 years of recording and mixing line level signals from synthesizers and drum machines, I'm dipping my toes...

Coleman Young
replies: 13 views: 977
DownTheLine 18 hours ago

What affordable mixers have nicest EQs, any comparable to Neve/API/SSL? Yeah I know, I like Neve and API, but I cannot or don't...

soundmodel
replies: 3 views: 347
psycho_monkey 18 hours ago

How did you get out of being stuck with some aspects of mixing? Did you just take it slow, let time pass and see if you'd...

awaken_the_skies
replies: 5 views: 366
bill5 20 hours ago

Hi, hopefully there is someone out there that can help me out. I just found out that my mbox 3 (not the mini or the pro) is stuck...

decypha
replies: 17 views: 22,619
B. True 22 hours ago

I'm not technically a newbie but I feel like my headphone process is :) I've got a Furman unit for headphones and PT 2019 (not...

rmedek
replies: 6 views: 351
joeq 1 day ago

Hey folks, I got curious about how pros edit vocals for music. Over time I ended up with doing the following: - Comping -...

Andrea
replies: 13 views: 381
cruisemates 1 day ago

Hello everyone, I am very new to recording and looking for any advice on what settings to use to record live music with the...

AkatsukiWolf97
replies: 0 views: 435
AkatsukiWolf97 1 day ago

Hey guys, at first i wanna thank the community in general for all the help . I learned a lot a stuff by reading of the...

Apache Vibez
replies: 10 views: 513
simon.billington 1 day ago

Hello, Learner here! I am currently mixing a song on reaper that has 2 stereo synth tracks. there is a whistly noise ( super...

sirabhorn
replies: 9 views: 403
simon.billington 1 day ago

Hello all, I have a Grace Design M101 Preamp, Lynx Aurora 8 USB and a Dangerous Music Source running my pair of Eve SC208's and...

mc_fable
replies: 2 views: 372
mc_fable 1 day ago

Hey I am doing a mix where a client likes the digital artifacty dirty distortion of an L1 plugin, with too much limiting going...

phillus
replies: 14 views: 1,148
johannburkard 1 day ago

Hi, I would love to have some advice how to deal with trackbleed. Our band recorded 6 songs in a studio where we recorded...

Platt
replies: 5 views: 337
mbvoxx 1 day ago

I’ve seen many people use 2 sets of monitors to mix on. I myself use two sets atm as well (presonus Eris 3.5’s, and jbl...

Musicboi
replies: 3 views: 340
johannburkard 1 day ago

Hi all. I'm pretty new to this X32 console (I got the "Producer" version). Now I'd like to understand what's going on...

FlavioB
replies: 1 views: 275
DownTheLine 1 day ago

I am running a mic into the Warm Audio WA73EQ Mic Pre and recording a guitar amp. I am also using a Warm Audio WA76 compressor....

Milescoolin71
replies: 1 views: 277
WarmAudio 2 days ago

Hi everyone, Hopefully this is the right place for this post... I recently changed my setup from an all outside the box...

AlienableTone
replies: 2 views: 337
BT64 2 days ago

Hey guys, i'm gonna try and explain what i'm trying to do and hope it makes sense... You know when you use a synth in real...

stefanijean
replies: 4 views: 366
Smithburg 2 days ago

Can you help me? I am helpless. I have been lost in reverb for a long time. No solution was found. I searched for "How...

ATongmu
replies: 14 views: 542
Smithburg 2 days ago

hi guys im nub i got a quick question, i have a condenser mic (c214) going into a audient id14 usb interface to record vocals,...

nsta555
replies: 17 views: 676
audiospecific 2 days ago

I just spent a lot of time reading through this thread and then I did a search and still I am confused and looking for advice....

gman114
replies: 1 views: 255
grimaila 2 days ago

Hi, There are heaps of impulse responses or Cabinet IRS available in market and I understand how that works, but for last few...

Andromeda studio
replies: 0 views: 213
Andromeda studio 2 days ago

I'm a huge fan of electronic music but would like to work with and add more advanced chords and progressions than is usually seen...

[email protected]
replies: 2 views: 364
BT64 2 days ago

So I’ve never really used audio and video together a friend wants help making some review YouTube stuff for his business ,...

ChaosCreation
replies: 3 views: 262
Mr_Root 2 days ago

Hello, is there anything to be aware of before setting the master volume of an already professionally mastered track down 2 db,...

sirabhorn
replies: 5 views: 313
BT64 2 days ago

Parallel compression raises the quiet parts like a pseudo upward compression. If you do that to every track (to taste) and mixed...

goom
replies: 8 views: 367
Smithburg 2 days ago

greeting Please solve my problem which is that the microphone input does not work even though the driver of the card works well...

khairosoft
replies: 10 views: 5,387
allarkvarkk 2 days ago

Hello , I Have focusrite scarlett 2i2 audio interface I have Roland Rh-200 headphones I want to upgrade to Beyerdynamic 770...

MikeZero
replies: 6 views: 18,283
cyrus101 2 days ago

Anyone had the experience with superior drummer 3 where your drums drown out your cymbals? I have my set configured so I only...

brodieskiddlz
replies: 5 views: 454
brodieskiddlz 3 days ago

I am trying to figure out the best way to use my hardware. Got a Monologue; which is currently hooked up via USB + audio out to...

Darkmere
replies: 0 views: 235
Darkmere 3 days ago

Hi all, I'm using a Yamaha MG12XU connected to my iMac via USB. So I'm wondering why when I'm using it with all my levels,...

gtracs
replies: 1 views: 374
mattiasnyc 3 days ago

Ive used a Presonus Firestudio for a while but it recently crapped out on me. Im considering replacing it with a Presonus...

Sanitywonko
replies: 2 views: 254
Sanitywonko 3 days ago

How are these vocals processed? Is that a vocoder? Are the harmonies actually singed or...

tehuku
replies: 2 views: 373
Smithburg 3 days ago

Thoughts on highpassing in solo or while listening to the whole mix, also is it for you personally is it preferred to highpass...

colonelporridge
replies: 1 views: 280
BT64 3 days ago

Hi, My setup for recording is : Guitar (humbuckers) -> Pocket POD -> Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 Gen2 -> Adobe...

niklai
replies: 2 views: 368
BT64 3 days ago

Hi guys I'm currently running Cubase 5 on my dell optiplex 790 on a panasonic 32" 4k tv I've bought. I had to update the...

karlamacintyre95
replies: 1 views: 307
Wayne 3 days ago
replies: - views: -
The0 3 days ago

Hello Gearslutz! First thread here, hoping I could get some help regarding the well-known Tascam Porta02 MKII. In 2016 I got...

winterbreak
replies: 0 views: 298
winterbreak 4 days ago

First, i dont know if this belongs in this forum but i wasn't sure where it would fit. If a mod cares to move it i take no issue...

Razzia
replies: 13 views: 553
avare 4 days ago

Dear All Forgive the noob post. I’ve been searching these forums for opinions and comparisons. I wish there was a place we...

bobbyroberts
replies: 9 views: 549
badmark 4 days ago

I have a delicate problem that I’ve never had before, and for which I now hope you good people at Gearslutz may have the...

Valle
replies: 8 views: 896
JonnieK 4 days ago

Moderators

Forum Tools
Search this Forum
Search this Forum :

Advanced Search