The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Options
Announcement: Black Friday/Cyber Week 2020 Whitecat
27th November 2020 Views: 382
Views: 382
27th November 2020
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

How to EQ

Does anyone know of any other great videos of how to eq? Here is a great lesson on how to EQ (or at least one of the ways to...

matt thomas
replies: 148 views: 108,472
Axle_australia 15th September 2020

I started a thread the other day featuring a great video on EQing...

matt thomas
replies: 152 views: 126,429
HSi 13th August 2020

Hi ,and let me state first of all that i have no clue as to where the appropriate place for the following question on...

cnlgs
replies: 181 views: 199,651
nosebleedaudio 22nd May 2020

Hey everyone, I'm really struggling to grasp the concept of dB and all its different aplications. I've read some "dB...

gmx750
replies: 41 views: 104,604
stardustmedia 23rd April 2015

To start a new thread simply click on the 'new thread' button (you need to register as a member to see this button and to make...

Jules
replies: 0 views: 46,360
Jules 17th January 2013

1) No being harsh / making fun of newbies :tut: and kip the sarcasm please! This is an area for basic questions that might have...

Jules
replies: 0 views: 51,356
Jules 1st February 2011

Hi all, I was wondering if anyone has any experience with recording your own vocals, in a situation at home where your vocal...

hipstermen3000
replies: 0 views: 1
hipstermen3000 5 minutes ago

Hi! I have a Tascam MSR-24S 24 Track one inch tape machine, which has Dolby-S. I recorded some songs on it in the mid 90’s, and...

Zooks
replies: 13 views: 363
HeadlessDinosaur 52 minutes ago

Hey guys, Non-newbie here asking an apparently newbie question. I will just give a generic outline and add specifics and details...

coniglius
replies: 0 views: 61
coniglius 4 hours ago

I've been recording with a Shure SM57 and a Scarlett Focusrite 2i2 preamp. I recently bought a Triton Audio Fethead to boost the...

ifaria
replies: 8 views: 1,378
mrtunes 9 hours ago

Hi everyone, I'm doing a mixing project for a jazz piano player. He plays in a trio. I'm not a professional by any means but I...

Billenius
replies: 8 views: 160
Owen L T 9 hours ago

I use an audient id14 and this mic came in so low i was ready to return it. Had to turn it up to 8 to get a proper level. ...

hinduyankee
replies: 2 views: 180
avare 13 hours ago

Hi, recently bought an SSL xl desk and will no doubt be purchasing a couple of 500 series boards to slot in. The desk comes...

yorlum
replies: 0 views: 69
yorlum 15 hours ago

Anyone tried one of these yet? I figured after the hipsters were over records, they'd move on to CDs :lol: But I haven't used a...

Garage Rodeo
replies: 2 views: 136
SyneRyder 17 hours ago

Hi everyone! Please, how to make this synth lead sound (or is it a preset and if yes from where) heard in...

julesss
replies: 0 views: 89
julesss 22 hours ago

Hi, Grateful for any help anyone can provide on this... I am attempting to set up a recently purchased H3000 as a send from...

Housatonic
replies: 1 views: 186
Jmfreeland 1 day ago

Hi all - currently recording through an old Presonus Firestudio Project into Logic on a Retina iMac. I'm looking to upgrade the...

ChrisFitzgerald
replies: 3 views: 103
RyanM 1 day ago

Hi there, Anyone know the easiest way to record audio from my MacBook into my iPhone X? Ideally I'd like to take a video of my...

mattyoung98
replies: 1 views: 91
CJ Mastering 1 day ago

Hey there, I am new here & I am expending my studio setup. I notice that the more you add, the more complicated it becomes...

simonbastos
replies: 1 views: 140
BT64 1 day ago

I've had my eye on the Townsend Labs Sphere. It looks great and I'd absolutely love to use it. However I was also considering,...

thomasjhoeller
replies: 1 views: 151
Bushman 1 day ago

Hi All! Wondering if you could help me out. I had an odd issue with my set up creating this...

Chrispy1987
replies: 12 views: 936
Bushman 2 days ago

Hello, I'm not a noob exactly but I've totally forgotten how to do this. I have a recording with a lot of low stuff but I only...

Praxisaxis
replies: 6 views: 157
Praxisaxis 2 days ago

I just got new studio monitors (KRK ROKIT 8 G4's) and they only take XLR cables. I currently don't have an audio interface and am...

jargles
replies: 3 views: 141
CJ Mastering 2 days ago

Hello, I've been learning how to mix and make music for about 4 years now. And I still can't figure out how to mix well. It is...

grendelsjourney
replies: 7 views: 273
Mr.vybz 2 days ago

Hello, I am having trouble knowing what level my mixes should be while I mix, I've researched about K Metering and it seems like...

Gggg
replies: 1 views: 167
CJ Mastering 2 days ago

Hi guys I am new here! I just just got a Behringer RD-6 to go along with my Yamaha CS and DX. The RD-6 replaces a Volca...

AE35
replies: 0 views: 112
AE35 2 days ago

Hello, I have recorded some acoustic guitar with a two microphone set up and kept it the same set up while recording but find...

AndyTheGuitarist
replies: 3 views: 154
CJ Mastering 2 days ago

What's good music collective? I am a conscious hip hop artist/aspiring producer and have been recording my own vocals on ProTools...

ELAmental
replies: 1 views: 114
ELAmental 2 days ago

Some digital EQs, like AOM's Tranquilizer, have an oversampling option. However they don't even produce harmonics. Can someone...

Fowly
replies: 2 views: 141
tekn0 2 days ago

so i have the Eris E5s i rather like them - i got them over the JBL 305s because they are a bit smaller and fit my cramped...

tok
replies: 7 views: 1,481
tok 3 days ago

Hi Gearslutz, My question is simple, does anyone feel like bouncing a master from audio multi-tracks, for some reason the mix...

lcan55
replies: 1 views: 118
mattiasnyc 3 days ago

Hi guys, i have a question, can anyone identify this piece of studio gear? Is that a tape/casette recorder? Appreciate it....

Klauskaus
replies: 5 views: 198
Klauskaus 3 days ago

Hi, I'm not a newbie, have been producing music for several years but if i'm honest i'm not feeling 100% confident about my...

3l3ctr0flux
replies: 13 views: 306
3l3ctr0flux 3 days ago

hi, i just bought a new - Klark Teknic Dn360 EQ unit and would appreciate some advice, please. I'm confused a bit about the...

converted
replies: 6 views: 169
converted 3 days ago

The setup: A Neve 511 mic pre in Slot 1 of Radial Engineering's Cube (2 other slots empty) RE20 mic --> Cube XLR Input...

al yell
replies: 3 views: 232
al yell 3 days ago

Hey guys, long time lurker, first time poster. Although I’ve been doing music for a long time, I’m a beginner to recording...

eytanmusic
replies: 12 views: 411
eytanmusic 3 days ago

Hi everyone, First time poster. I am pretty new to recording/mixing and am looking to level up my vocal recording game. I...

origin_tom
replies: 2 views: 127
origin_tom 3 days ago

Hey, I'm looking to get a mic for recording acoustic instruments / percussion / chimes / bells / all kinds of weird (usually low...

jacosounds
replies: 14 views: 398
ambiguous signal 3 days ago

Ok gear sloots, help meh! I have a Liquid Saffire 56, wanna use an octopre to expand it. Wanna also use a liquid channel cause...

joshbraun231
replies: 4 views: 131
BT64 3 days ago

How do you level match a plugin on a very dynamic vocal track for instance? Should I be taking the perceived volume difference...

L Audio
replies: 2 views: 143
mattiasnyc 4 days ago

Hi Has anyone taken the engineering course by Musician on a Mission and Rob Mayzes Its 400$ It looks interesting but Id...

wizcow
replies: 24 views: 6,167
robert82 4 days ago

Hey there. I'm very new to audio recording. I have a Neewer NW-800 that I use for chatting with my friends on Discord. It's a...

cwca
replies: 5 views: 190
Bushman 4 days ago

Hi there, Sorry to be clueless about sound. My career ended fairly quickly during my young years. I really wanted to learn the...

cocopicture
replies: 3 views: 177
MikeInOttawa 4 days ago

Is it a flute (what type?) Or bagpipe? Or is it a combination of instruments? Who knows? Thanks!

popp
replies: 5 views: 214
popp 4 days ago

Quick details on my setup: My speakers are calibrated to read 83dbc (slow) with both LR cannels running Katz -20db pink...

davidtmaclay
replies: 6 views: 219
mattiasnyc 4 days ago

Hi everyone, I recently shot a very low budget documentary, where the conditions were quite difficult and stressful, the...

somenobody
replies: 3 views: 251
TVPostSound 4 days ago

Can someone please explain something to me I imported a reference track into my DAW but I did this as two mono channels not a...

camomiletea
replies: 7 views: 405
ambiguous signal 4 days ago

So I am running a "live session" sort of rig through a Tascam 16x08. I have all of the drums going through the 8 mic...

jgarofalo860
replies: 10 views: 303
Bushman 5 days ago

Do I need to worry about sending very low frequency content to a subwoofer? E.g., if I've got an active sub rated to 30db, do I...

Cuboctahedron
replies: 2 views: 165
Cuboctahedron 5 days ago

Hey all So I've made the plunge and have decided to go down the hardware route to make music. At the moment I've got the...

CMRN
replies: 29 views: 1,349
Rosscodiscotrain 5 days ago

Hey everyone! Always loved this forum, but haven’t become a member until now. Thanks in advance for any and all help! I’m...

secondtooth2
replies: 3 views: 1,979
nightkin 5 days ago

oi crew, I was curious about the following: I am interested in the Metric Halo ULN-8. On it's website it states that: "The...

smittywerbenmcj
replies: 1 views: 213
smittywerbenmcj 5 days ago

Hey guys, at the moment i'm sitting on a RE20, but im not so happy with it, so i want to change it, but i have no idea what kind...

RedFox300
replies: 11 views: 539
pan60 5 days ago

I use the behringer xr18 as my interface. I have the capability to eq my signal before the monitor speakers. I often take down...

davidtmaclay
replies: 5 views: 329
davidtmaclay 5 days ago

I have had a UAD Apollo Twin X audio interface for about a year now. After watching a lot of youtube videos, I have realized I...

jayjaycool98
replies: 5 views: 341
Korcraft 5 days ago

Hello! I feel like I’ve searched everywhere and can’t find a solution to my problem. I want to record vocals into a mix I...

Lightyear
replies: 2 views: 226
Korcraft 5 days ago

Moderators

Forum Tools
Search this Forum
Search this Forum :

Advanced Search