The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Forum  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending

Sponsored ByThreeBodyTech
Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

How to EQ

Does anyone know of any other great videos of how to eq? Here is a great lesson on how to EQ (or at least one of the ways to...

matt thomas
replies: 126 views: 72,246
Choko 2 days ago

I started a thread the other day featuring a great video on EQing...

matt thomas
replies: 149 views: 84,680
Jeff Hayat 5 days ago

Hi ,and let me state first of all that i have no clue as to where the appropriate place for the following question on...

cnlgs
replies: 168 views: 147,712
nosebleedaudio 9th April 2019

Hey everyone, I'm really struggling to grasp the concept of dB and all its different aplications. I've read some "dB...

gmx750
replies: 41 views: 81,765
stardustmedia 23rd April 2015

To start a new thread simply click on the 'new thread' button (you need to register as a member to see this button and to make...

Jules
replies: 0 views: 38,245
Jules 17th January 2013

1) No being harsh / making fun of newbies :tut: and kip the sarcasm please! This is an area for basic questions that might have...

Jules
replies: 0 views: 40,310
Jules 1st February 2011

Any advice would be really appreciated so we just brought an DRSQ4M MKII to now add with our apollo Mk II twin quad and i hear...

rara
replies: 34 views: 707
JSchlomo 2 minutes ago

Hey guys I’m pretty new to recording ... I have Logic Pro x for the Mac ... here is my gear and wondering what you guys would...

Pq111
replies: 0 views: 1
Pq111 3 minutes ago

I'm using Logic to produce some indie pop that is heavy on guitars, electric pianos, synths and programmed drums meant to retain...

AstralTweaks
replies: 4 views: 479
DirkP 16 minutes ago

No amount of compression on any setting with any lookahead can soften a harsh vocal consonant that pierces my ears. I have to...

goom
replies: 21 views: 1,010
64gtoboy 27 minutes ago

Amateurs like me make tracks with weak low-end and missing top-end, but EQ makes the tope end harsh and noisy. Would you use an...

goom
replies: 5 views: 557
Sybille 1 hour ago

For those who may be interested in comparing a sample to Tape, does it sound dull? Not great drum technique.. Modified...

nosebleedaudio
replies: 4 views: 595
Sybille 1 hour ago

Hey all. Recently started coming here and I gotta say this forum is full of very smart people. The internet is awesome. What was...

musicisfun
replies: 31 views: 1,063
Sybille 1 hour ago

I have a delicate problem that I’ve never had before, and for which I now hope you good people at Gearslutz may have the...

Valle
replies: 5 views: 608
Sybille 1 hour ago

here is my set up, mpc2000 w goldbaby tape 808 samples into 3630, very light compression into sherman filterbank out to...

ravecity24
replies: 5 views: 560
Sybille 1 hour ago

Hey geeks! I am working in a Postproductionstudio in germany and we are facing a regular problem during remote sessions with...

flinte
replies: 1 views: 313
nambams 2 hours ago

Hi all Not sure if im on the right forum but ill post here anyway. Im not new to MIDI(worked with it for years) but after...

Jaywave1001
replies: 0 views: 128
Jaywave1001 4 hours ago

Hello everyone! I am going to buy a pair of Presonus eris e3.5’s and pair them with my Focusrite Scarlett 2i2. However I...

sambjo1
replies: 1 views: 152
RyanM 5 hours ago

Hello, So I want to get into recording my guitar through an audio interface but I also want to keep the sound I use from my...

Warboss_Choppa
replies: 6 views: 639
Smithburg 7 hours ago

Hi, I'm wondering how I can set up the SSL SiX to be able to easily process electronic recordings from Ableton Live directly...

J3WWWX
replies: 7 views: 501
DirkP 9 hours ago

Ahoy hoy. Probably stoopid question but I am a newb so bear with me please. I have a MacBook and a midi keyboard (Nektar...

presidentgas
replies: 1 views: 268
jammiedodger666 11 hours ago

Hi, I purchased KSHMR Vol 3 pack and many of sounds have a "wider" sound like a big stereo. Here's a...

aviorrok
replies: 1 views: 636
magik87 13 hours ago

Hi There! Im setting up a new protools(12) system with a brand new Clarett 8Pre through Thunderbolt to the computer and then...

Fxstudio
replies: 0 views: 466
Fxstudio 20 hours ago

Hello guys, I was wondering if it's possible to mirror my main output (maybe with cuemix?) from the motu 828 mk III in order to...

domycastellano
replies: 10 views: 526
TJ5 20 hours ago

So in the past I haven't been huge on Pink Floyd (I know, I know. But it is finally clicking for me :)). I was listening to...

shvffle
replies: 2 views: 441
stixstudios 22 hours ago

Hello, I mainly produce EDM/Dance music on my computer in Ableton, and I was wondering if the quality of the audio interface...

Robomb
replies: 22 views: 7,867
Owen L T 23 hours ago

Greetings all, I'm trying to use a Korg D1600 mkII as my interface for recording into ProTools 10, or even garageband if PT...

rand13
replies: 10 views: 563
MarkF48 1 day ago

Hi everyone -- I want to record a small vocal group in M/S stereo format. I plan to use a "Y" cable to split the...

MichaelK
replies: 27 views: 946
deedeeyeah 1 day ago

Hey I am doing a mix where a client likes the digital artifacty dirty distortion of an L1 plugin, with too much limiting going...

phillus
replies: 11 views: 833
vze26m98 1 day ago

I've been bedroom recording and mixing for about a year now. I've made a lot of improvement I guess but I'm still at a loss why...

D3M0T1VAT3D
replies: 36 views: 1,012
norfolk martin 1 day ago

Hey guys! I need some noobie help... Is there any way to calculate if a audio interface can drive a high impedance...

Anthesi
replies: 5 views: 573
Reverb 1 day ago

In the youtube video below, a group of kids with amplified acoustic guitars had some kind of atmospheric synth playing in the...

Molossus
replies: 1 views: 758
jammiedodger666 1 day ago

Hi guys! I have a Roland Rubix interface with 2 mic/jack inputs and me and my friend want to record a jam session live which...

davidbalazs1997
replies: 5 views: 745
BT64 1 day ago

Hi, I‘ve bought a Kontakt license from a private person. I used his Transfer ID, got Kontakt working and now I see that I‘ve...

Horizon7777
replies: 2 views: 529
Horizon7777 1 day ago

Hi all, First post. I'm about to set up a little (very little) home studio to have a bash at creating / recording music. I'm...

MattWeth
replies: 11 views: 606
Evert1 1 day ago

Hey Folks, is there any hardware out there to trigger Midi Tempo Change in a DAW while playing drums? Or any possible way to...

RayGrauberger
replies: 2 views: 673
terrible.dee 1 day ago
replies: 3 views: 728
terrible.dee 1 day ago

I've been playing around with speakers, now that I have a few more to play with, and I've noticed something. To my ears, the...

Liko
replies: 23 views: 2,187
Toby Pearce 1 day ago

This may seem obvious to more experienced folk, but I'm tearing my hair out. I run sound for a Buddhist sangha, and we have been...

phorgan1
replies: 0 views: 739
phorgan1 1 day ago
replies: - views: -
Smithburg 1 day ago
replies: - views: -
Dezza 1 day ago

Dear slutz, I quite literally just got the Focusrite Scarlett 2i4 for Christmas and have been trying to set it up but with no...

ktmay2
replies: 11 views: 57,922
Sea Shark 1 day ago

Hello, I have a DAT recorder that is having a very bad issue with tapes. I know DATs would be considered "not worth the...

LeafAce
replies: 0 views: 775
LeafAce 2 days ago

I’m having trouble getting a good thrash tone, I’m looking something similar to slayer with a lot of mids. I’m using a...

Slaythrash
replies: 2 views: 616
Slaythrash 2 days ago

Hi everyone, do you might know how to reproduce this sleepy voice? Special mic setting, or only the way of singing? Or both?...

future_
replies: 1 views: 500
CJ Mastering 2 days ago

Got a Samson GoMic that plugs into my laptop via USB. In two rooms of my house I get this awful...

nuyutu
replies: 0 views: 425
nuyutu 2 days ago

So, I got my new (2nd hand Mac), I got Studio One and then I got my Audient id4. Everything was working fine.......I'd changed...

Esay
replies: 0 views: 715
Esay 2 days ago

theres effect on some of the synth at the beginning on this song and so other many on this mort garson album many other 1970's...

PillsInfinity
replies: 3 views: 586
BT64 2 days ago

I've had a look about but couldn't find a direct answer to this. Simple Question: If the signal is coming out of a summing...

soldat
replies: 2 views: 579
CJ Mastering 2 days ago

Hello... If I'm going to use only vst's synths and effects with 48 hz and 24 bit quality, does the quality of the audio interface...

Murmur
replies: 4 views: 550
BT64 2 days ago

Hi, I just recently bought an ID14 and have spent well over 10 hours trying to get the bloody thing to work. I've already looked...

Kekidesu
replies: 12 views: 711
Kekidesu 2 days ago

Hi, my problem is that i have no hear-able audio output in my studio monitors when i playback some music at a normal volume,...

Skilldog
replies: 2 views: 642
Sixsa 2 days ago

I can name one but the rest I am unsure: Exhale for all them vocal snippets. What fot the drums? the sounds?

Musician
replies: 0 views: 843
Musician 2 days ago

Hola! My guitar sound is coming into Pro Tools incredibly weak, low and needs so much work in Pro Tools to compensate when I'm...

Nelifedo
replies: 8 views: 667
Nelifedo 3 days ago

Hi there :) Hope you're fine :) I'm having routing troubles and questions with my setup, and so far I haven't found the...

Djswoop
replies: 0 views: 451
Djswoop 3 days ago

Basic question, do I need to invest in a good de-essing plugins for recording hypnotic script dialogue? I already have the...

Cruello
replies: 4 views: 671
BT64 3 days ago

Moderators

Forum Tools
Search this Forum
Search this Forum :

Advanced Search