The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced

Newbie audio engineering + production question zone

Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

Hi ,and let me state first of all that i have no clue as to where the appropriate place for the following question on...

cnlgs
replies: 148 views: 113,640
mattiasnyc 4 weeks ago

I started a thread the other day featuring a great video on EQing...

matt thomas
replies: 129 views: 59,636
zukan 4 weeks ago

How to EQ

Does anyone know of any other great videos of how to eq? Here is a great lesson on how to EQ (or at least one of the ways to...

matt thomas
replies: 101 views: 50,313
bernieesquire 4 weeks ago

Hey everyone, I'm really struggling to grasp the concept of dB and all its different aplications. I've read some "dB...

gmx750
replies: 41 views: 62,487
stardustmedia 23rd April 2015

To start a new thread simply click on the 'new thread' button (you need to register as a member to see this button and to make...

Jules
replies: 0 views: 31,565
Jules 17th January 2013

1) No being harsh / making fun of newbies :tut: and kip the sarcasm please! This is an area for basic questions that might have...

Jules
replies: 0 views: 31,259
Jules 1st February 2011

Hi everybody I hope somebody can give me some advice. I’m a songwriter and I’ve been using Cubase for many years. Mostly...

lica
replies: 3 views: 62
FreshProduce 5 minutes ago

directly, simply by using a DI box to change the level, as in Strat>>DI>>Mic pre? I realize that a mic preamp's...

razorboy
replies: 28 views: 477
monkeyxx 14 minutes ago

Hello all. I have just shot my first shortmovie, and am about to finish it off with external recorded sounds. Im very new to...

BasRonin
replies: 10 views: 314
FreshProduce 23 minutes ago

Hi All. I've heard this sound a lot. Here is an example: YouTube I've no idea how to get it, it doesn't seem too...

stratblue
replies: 3 views: 221
Owen L T 1 hour ago

while my monitors are properly set to decent levels for DAW operation. sometimes in other media (youtube videos, some of the...

ttrextt
replies: 1 views: 95
Owen L T 1 hour ago

Hi, In a lot of psych music I listen on headphones I really like the effect when maybe with a synth or some kind of...

panicinbabylon
replies: 5 views: 228
Jake_SJL 2 hours ago

Greetings, I run a semi-pro studio outfitted with some API preamps. I use the 3124 and a couple of 512s with the 560 Eqs wired in...

guitargypsy
replies: 1 views: 148
Poinzy 6 hours ago

Is it just me? I think recordings from the 60's and 70's actually sound better, more vibrant, more energy. When you listen to old...

SWEETMOTHERMARY
replies: 12 views: 513
FreshProduce 15 hours ago

Hi All, I once had a pair of Beyer Dynamics- I seem to remember that they were solid and easy on the ears. I was thinking...

AudioJunky
replies: 23 views: 1,215
Bushman 15 hours ago

Be interested to hear from anyone who's bought/taken a course or class, either something online, or maybe some national company...

bill5
replies: 3 views: 273
bill5 19 hours ago

I'm researching on DAW controllers, but I'm not sure what benefits are between these 2 styles. Soft Takeover controllers seem...

goom
replies: 6 views: 227
Wizzomixer 20 hours ago

Hi all, I'm sure I'll be lambasted for asking this, but I'm trying to figure out why I can't get an honest sound out of my mics...

StevieD009
replies: 64 views: 1,121
Noisewagon 21 hours ago

Hey guys ! So im trying to find the formula of super old school techno bass The best example for it is LFO - LFO (Leeds...

chemik
replies: 7 views: 2,336
Delicious 1 day ago

hi, i have a couple of lsr305 jbl powered studio monitors, almost new, but out of garantee. one works ok, but the other one...

defevve
replies: 2 views: 267
defevve 1 day ago

I want to use a compressor as a soft gate instead of on/off noise gate to kill the room reverb. How can I do that? Thanks. The...

goom
replies: 8 views: 315
goom 1 day ago

Hey GearSlutz, I really respect everyone's advice and experience here on the forums with preamps, eq's, comps, channel strips,...

jahborn
replies: 0 views: 202
jahborn 1 day ago

I could do with a few tech minds to suggest a good way to route my setup so that I can get the most out of it. At the minute I...

AJ1181
replies: 5 views: 359
floyd pepper 1 day ago

I am very new to the world of sampling and before I really get into it, I would like to not get sued. So to people who are very...

Mansonite
replies: 0 views: 207
Mansonite 1 day ago

How would you approach this scenario? Recording environment is my home studio (untreated very dry room) My interface has...

Electrictwo
replies: 9 views: 295
Owen L T 1 day ago

Hi, As an example: I have a vocal on track 1 that I send to a reverb on track 2. In the send/receive dialog for track 1, I...

StaffsLebowski
replies: 2 views: 230
Bedroom Studio 1 day ago

Mixing a track now where the peaks of the kick and snare are so much louder than the rest of the sounds in the song that if a...

Weirdo
replies: 25 views: 644
JamEZmusic 1 day ago

Let's say I have 8 bars. Bars 1-4 are a verse, 5-8 are the chorus. The levels in the verse are lower than the chorus. So, I spilt...

StaffsLebowski
replies: 0 views: 250
StaffsLebowski 1 day ago

Hey Everyone, im new to gearslutz and this is my first post. For anyone familiar with the midas xl48 or even just signal flow...

ABAUD1O
replies: 2 views: 241
Wayne 1 day ago

Hello there! This is a problem I've had ever since I got this cursed duo, about two years ago. Basically, my brother was a...

JustAnotherName
replies: 1 views: 245
Charles Barnett 1 day ago

I have a dilemma: I have an MPC 2KXL w/a CF card reader and have owned it for 5 years, bought it from Guitar Center (but didn't...

boombapdame
replies: 1 views: 280
Muser 1 day ago

Hi! I'm just wondering, has it occured to you that you've found or made a fire beat, only to realize that your voice didn't fit...

PerGunnar
replies: 5 views: 298
Frank_Case 2 days ago

How can i achieve this vocal sound with logic plugins YouTube

GenesisBarrios
replies: 1 views: 241
Owen L T 2 days ago

Hello everybody :) I'm brand new to the forums but have always read up on all things audio here in the past but as with most...

Mikeyt88
replies: 2 views: 259
Mikeyt88 2 days ago

Hi! I just bought the KRK rokit 5 studio monitors. I hooked them up to my Focusrite itrack solo interface using RCA cables. The...

Virgilbulens
replies: 5 views: 236
Lady Gaia 2 days ago

The river of sound is endless. Weather you are on your first mile or your first mile was 30 years ago we're always making...

LoneSoundRanger
replies: 0 views: 222
LoneSoundRanger 2 days ago

I was wondering if there is anyway to do an automatic mapping of the BSII's knobs and faders to Ableton instruments or VST's? For...

vonshu
replies: 1 views: 207
RiF 2 days ago

Hello guys, I think this forum is a best place for my question so is there anyone who can give me an advice for one solid and...

kerussm
replies: 0 views: 205
kerussm 2 days ago

can someone help me? i'm considering buying a 24 track system 8 MK3. the one i'm interested in has 24 1/4" direct outs on...

y2kalaki
replies: 3 views: 241
y2kalaki 2 days ago

Hi all, Two questions please. I want to pad a line level signal down to mic level. I was thinking -50dB would suffice. I...

JHitt2
replies: 0 views: 195
JHitt2 2 days ago

I'm in the middle of mixing this track and trying to get the drums to be more without turning it up too much. here are the...

CDB Studios
replies: 11 views: 345
Frank_Case 2 days ago

Im thinking of starting a small studio in my home, using my current Hometheater as the studio/control room that my disc will be...

kgveteran
replies: 14 views: 288
kgveteran 2 days ago

When I Master I typically can't get my Volume up to Standard without peaking. Is this because i am mastering in box, and...

Tobias Funke
replies: 39 views: 1,354
greggybud 2 days ago

I have monitors on stands beside my desk, but the desk itself rings with an obnoxious 138Hz all the time. Even when I tap on it,...

mcmull500
replies: 6 views: 325
Owen L T 2 days ago

Hi there Is it safe to use a given track insert and mic input at the same time ? Mixer is a Mackie 3204vlz3 Thanks for...

franck77
replies: 5 views: 318
franck77 3 days ago

y I AM USING FL STUDIO BTW.

Dreni
replies: 0 views: 231
Dreni 3 days ago

Hey team, I've often seen the little boxes wrapped in acoustic foam which house a guitar amp and a mic in front of it, and...

Stocky
replies: 3 views: 259
wrgkmc 3 days ago

Hoping someone can help. I'm trying to set up my Rme 802 so that I can route audio from programs and the internet into my daw....

Lapatch
replies: 1 views: 240
rumleymusic 3 days ago

OK, I know there are several different reasons why the production of a Sparklehorse song sounds so good. The main thing I want to...

chrisdvr4
replies: 14 views: 5,744
limbs 3 days ago

Hey all. I am NOT an audio expert, so please be gentle. I have set up a podcasting/screencasting studio, but my recordings...

raythevideoguy
replies: 5 views: 275
Reuben99 4 days ago

Hello community, So lately I have been struggling to make my synth sounds seem wider. I have made a stereo synth sound, used...

Humblenoob
replies: 1 views: 217
explorer 4 days ago

Who is using 3" monitors? Need some pros and cons of 'em. Thinking about the Eris 3.5.

boombapdame
replies: 13 views: 412
diogo_c 4 days ago

Just curious. Is this not done because of snare bleed or some other reason? Thanks :cool:

LoneSoundRanger
replies: 6 views: 294
jammiedodger666 4 days ago

So, I have an RME BFPro, and an ada8200 hooked up via adat, and my axe fx. I figured out how to record DI's along with my wet...

Emarcy
replies: 0 views: 191
Emarcy 4 days ago

Hello gearslutz, i am having buzz/hum/noise issue that i would like solved. Mainly the issue is when i am recording electric...

60cycle
replies: 7 views: 457
Poedan 4 days ago

Hey guys, I wanted to know if anyone else was doing this. I am going to be using the KRK ERGO to correct 2 separate rooms in...

Cloud9j
replies: 0 views: 201
Cloud9j 4 days ago

Moderators

Forum Tools
Search this Forum
Search this Forum :

Advanced Search