The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced

Newbie audio engineering + production question zone

Sponsored By
Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

I started a thread the other day featuring a great video on EQing...

matt thomas
replies: 131 views: 65,764
Fret 1 week ago

How to EQ

Does anyone know of any other great videos of how to eq? Here is a great lesson on how to EQ (or at least one of the ways to...

matt thomas
replies: 108 views: 55,841
RobDrmz 19th May 2018

Hi ,and let me state first of all that i have no clue as to where the appropriate place for the following question on...

cnlgs
replies: 148 views: 121,231
mattiasnyc 27th January 2018

Hey everyone, I'm really struggling to grasp the concept of dB and all its different aplications. I've read some "dB...

gmx750
replies: 41 views: 67,209
stardustmedia 23rd April 2015

To start a new thread simply click on the 'new thread' button (you need to register as a member to see this button and to make...

Jules
replies: 0 views: 33,011
Jules 17th January 2013

1) No being harsh / making fun of newbies :tut: and kip the sarcasm please! This is an area for basic questions that might have...

Jules
replies: 0 views: 33,457
Jules 1st February 2011

I am working with a D&R Orion X console, which has single TRS insert points. I currently only have balanced Patchbays, and...

Septik
replies: 11 views: 1,252
Jonas 2 25 minutes ago

Hi all, Today I purchased two KRK Rokit RP5 G3 monitor speakers, however they are both emitting a noise that sounds like...

dtb
replies: 11 views: 11,735
re5etuk 33 minutes ago

Looking for some advice on this mix from my new band (Mojo Bozo's Electric Circus); our fist single off an upcoming LP. Going...

Bungler
replies: 0 views: 6
Bungler 40 minutes ago

Idk if this is necessarily a noob question, but I feel like it must be obvious and I'm just being a noob lol so here goes. So,...

sKJF
replies: 3 views: 374
mattiasnyc 42 minutes ago

I've been attempting to produce some of my own future funk recently, but I'm having trouble grasping the characteristics of the...

curryest_george
replies: 3 views: 70
mattiasnyc 50 minutes ago

Hey guys, first time posting on Gearslutz so my apologies in advance if I'm posting in the wrong place. So I recently came...

hypno_memoria
replies: 2 views: 308
gradivus 1 hour ago

Hi guys,i wanna know ur ideas about one thing,i always hesitate between 2ways and methods,mixing while u are producing and mixing...

KiuMars_TR
replies: 13 views: 667
gradivus 2 hours ago

Been reading a lot on these forums but not really able to get a clear idea of what would be a suitable gear combination for me to...

beni_biba
replies: 8 views: 379
beni_biba 2 hours ago

Obviously many factors can come into play, just have been toying w/this and wondering about other's approaches etc...

bill5
replies: 31 views: 654
PlanetBefore 3 hours ago

Hello everyone, I produce (well trying at least) electronic dance music and now that I have approached a mixing stage, I have...

delayed_flight
replies: 10 views: 401
PlanetBefore 3 hours ago

Hi, newbie here. I'm trying to do the following but not sure how. I have a 12ch rackmount stereo mixer and I need to split...

Bruceybonus
replies: 5 views: 218
MediaGary 4 hours ago

Hello gearslutz ! Ok so today my apologies, I have a big newbie question. I just learned something today I had never...

Sybille
replies: 22 views: 296
Sybille 4 hours ago

Hi i got two questions about my setup, but before that let me list my gear. I got an MASCHINE MK3, XOXBOX and MULTITRACK...

Vitalised
replies: 2 views: 276
Vitalised 6 hours ago

Hi I recently bought an Allen & Heath XB14-2 mixer for podcasting. Here's a pic...

groovypass
replies: 7 views: 2,441
arcade1 12 hours ago

Hi, Is focusrite scarlett 2i2's direct monitor volume low? i connect keyboard and guitar and without using a daw software it is...

farukdurusoy
replies: 0 views: 192
farukdurusoy 16 hours ago

Good afternoon GearSlutzions! ***DISCLAIMER*** If you are somewhat interested in how i'm interpreting this Bus/Aux world read ...

CheefC
replies: 6 views: 410
CheefC 16 hours ago

Hi I'm wondering if anyone has any tips for mixing a stereo recording of a live gig. I recorded our band the other night in a...

Joebags
replies: 7 views: 369
facej 20 hours ago

I was buying me a new laptop now and now I want to start working as a producer and audio enginner for mixing and mastering. So I...

Wahnsinn
replies: 27 views: 13,064
chaosium 1 day ago

Hi guys, I have had my ID14 for a while now and its been working great, daw was great no issues. Last night at some point...

Allnamestaken
replies: 0 views: 213
Allnamestaken 1 day ago

Some producers overdub the same vocal or guitar line multiple times. I'd like to understand when and why is a good idea to do...

andy3
replies: 3 views: 340
hook11 1 day ago

Hey all again :) I don't usually level my songs too much but everyone that's just your casual everyday music listener never...

reapingghillie
replies: 0 views: 280
reapingghillie 1 day ago

I try to catch all the mishaps while everyone is in the studio, but all the nasty electrical crap, the cables crossed making...

goom
replies: 9 views: 530
WarmJetGuitar 1 day ago

Hello all, I kind of looked around but don't see this has been addressed before.... Will this work? Peavey AT10...

acepilot1
replies: 4 views: 308
WarmJetGuitar 1 day ago

Hi guys, Sorry if this has been asked before but this is my first post here and was just looking for some help. I currently...

Stuart09
replies: 5 views: 381
gradivus 2 days ago
replies: 0 views: 309
soduno 2 days ago

Hey guys, This post relates to mixing as well as mastering. I'm working on rock music with double tracked guitars, a bass,...

Maxkiel
replies: 12 views: 618
CJ Mastering 2 days ago

Hello friends, So I've been doing some A/B ing with my final masters within my DAW (reaper) with popular commercial releases,...

epjl2000
replies: 11 views: 544
open_source 2 days ago

Hi all, I am new to this forum . I recently produced a track and I am trying my hand at mixing, mostly using tips from here...

Sricharank
replies: 6 views: 497
open_source 2 days ago

I’m going to be tracking a drum kit and plan on running 8 of the mics through a decent set of preamps. But I’m thinking I’m...

franktree
replies: 10 views: 365
joeq 2 days ago

How to mix like the 80's? I love the sound of 80's mixes gated reverb. more dynamics space. I know think where done on console...

spektor
replies: 4 views: 374
spektor 2 days ago

Hello all, I have a PT session that was recorded at 96/24, with a fair amount of tracks. I'm considering saving it as a new...

drummeron
replies: 2 views: 270
Sigma 2 days ago

I just got a new set of speakers (Focal Solo 6 Be) and they are quite overpowered with my Dangerous D-Box so I need to buy some...

devastat
replies: 18 views: 4,241
jgimenez 3 days ago

So I just recently got into home recording my guitar and bass sounds and now it's time to help my drummer start recording. I'm...

HcsDrm
replies: 3 views: 333
kuasalogam 3 days ago

Hi there. I'm trying to replicate guitar tones using BIAS FX. I have a fender strat going into my Steinberg CI1 interface and...

ty45
replies: 2 views: 308
CJ Mastering 3 days ago

Hey all, NaGuul here, Mixing tracks seems to be a broad topic, with a lot of feeling involved, but I'm pretty sure that there...

NaGuul
replies: 12 views: 595
Unclenny 3 days ago

Hei guys, I recently lost my job and found myself having to sell off some of my equipment. So I'm left with a huge 8"...

cause
replies: 11 views: 332
JHOOKS 3 days ago

Hi guys, I have a Focusrite Scarlett 2i4(1st gen) for years now but rarely used because well, I procrastinate (at that time I...

Kazeki
replies: 2 views: 337
JackFocusrite 3 days ago

I'm using a scarlett solo and a Shure SM58. I've been having a lot of problems recently with what I think is just the microphone....

Dominic4774
replies: 7 views: 312
joeq 3 days ago
replies: - views: -
cavern 3 days ago

Hi guys, I’m re-amping a D/I’d guitar track trough an amp, then capturing the sound with microphones. The re-amp device...

MashburnGear
replies: 3 views: 323
MashburnGear 3 days ago

This might be a silly question but all this stuff about powering headphones is confusing the heck out of me!! :D I just bought...

JPhillipson
replies: 9 views: 335
Bill Way 3 days ago

Hi everyone. I'm thinking of getting an SSL Matrix2 console along with an Antelope Orion32 HD interface. Can anyone explain to me...

ronthemixslut
replies: 2 views: 319
joeq 3 days ago

Hello Folks, is really good to be here. I want to ask yuo guys a thing, but first i need to explain the situation: Im a amateur...

Nocturner
replies: 2 views: 288
Bushman 3 days ago

Hello. Please let me explain. I want to setup a noise gate for my broadcasting microphone for streaming/gaming purposes so i...

St0RM53
replies: 1 views: 290
St0RM53 4 days ago

Hi all, I'm sure I'll be lambasted for asking this, but I'm trying to figure out why I can't get an honest sound out of my mics...

StevieD009
replies: 225 views: 5,563
StevieD009 4 days ago

Hi I have connected my active studio monitors via optical port/cable through an analogue converter and RCA/XLR cables...

paul.splinter
replies: 0 views: 245
paul.splinter 4 days ago

I have a digi 002 and an apogee symphony. I want to bypass the the pres and converter of the digi. Using ptle. 2009 mac pro. ...

coolname6
replies: 3 views: 313
coolname6 4 days ago

I need an advice about recording bass DI. Do I compress the signal way in. I'm using a Heritage Audio 73 jr and I have The...

MpaMusik
replies: 3 views: 301
Brent Hahn 4 days ago

Hello, I'm new here and pretty new to good sounding audio. Over the past couple of years, I've gotten a hand me down Audient...

Zero Loser
replies: 4 views: 308
Notanothersteve 4 days ago
replies: - views: -
UKMK00 4 days ago

Moderators

Forum Tools
Search this Forum
Search this Forum :

Advanced Search