The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

I started a thread the other day featuring a great video on EQing...

matt thomas
replies: 154 views: 128,479
ratstar 1 week ago

How to EQ

Does anyone know of any other great videos of how to eq? Here is a great lesson on how to EQ (or at least one of the ways to...

matt thomas
replies: 149 views: 110,685
zacbarnes26 20th January 2021

Hi ,and let me state first of all that i have no clue as to where the appropriate place for the following question on...

cnlgs
replies: 182 views: 203,739
omega75 11th December 2020

Hey everyone, I'm really struggling to grasp the concept of dB and all its different aplications. I've read some "dB...

gmx750
replies: 41 views: 106,569
stardustmedia 23rd April 2015

To start a new thread simply click on the 'new thread' button (you need to register as a member to see this button and to make...

Jules
replies: 0 views: 47,887
Jules 17th January 2013

1) No being harsh / making fun of newbies :tut: and kip the sarcasm please! This is an area for basic questions that might have...

Jules
replies: 0 views: 52,427
Jules 1st February 2011

Hi all - first time posted after lurking for some time. I have a question I have seen touched upon in other threads but not fully...

Purple_Rain
replies: 3 views: 68
JLast 1 minute ago

Wouldn't RMS be more useful? Can I make the DAW show an RMS waveform? (REAPER)

goom
replies: 38 views: 473
avare 1 hour ago

Hi I have an sm58 and a Behringer UCA222 audio interface (basic modal) I know I can not plug my mic into it because the signal...

tomato ketchup
replies: 64 views: 1,161
Scragend 1 hour ago

I'm trying to get the best out of my recording/mixing sessions. Both vocal wise and for time efficiency. 1. What would be a...

King_Leo
replies: 8 views: 187
mattiasnyc 1 hour ago

Hello, Firstpost here, i wanted to know if y'all could describe the characteristics of Yung Bleu's vocals in technical terms...

chogath
replies: 6 views: 174
chogath 3 hours ago

I'm trying to figure out this short synth solo which appears in Sufjan Steven's Vesuvius -...

nightoul
replies: 0 views: 57
nightoul 3 hours ago

What my current template looks like. I'm just trying to increase workflow and make sure I'm sending/bussing things right. I...

King_Leo
replies: 0 views: 67
King_Leo 4 hours ago

Good morning. I recently bought a Scarlett solo 2nd gen. I wanted to know what the setting for the gain knob and monitor knob....

kyrobeasty
replies: 5 views: 167
JLast 5 hours ago

I recently got a Cranborne Audio R8 and 2 Camden 500 (guitar and bass for now). I am mainly demo and do in home live...

jmr777
replies: 0 views: 59
jmr777 5 hours ago

Hi here's my track, my room is 9x10 I put as much blankets as i could and i taped some cut up pieces of an auralex bass trap to...

Mprod11
replies: 12 views: 238
illegal4Hunna 6 hours ago

Hi guys, I’ve wanted to start collecting bits of essential hardware gear for quite some time. I’ve always just invested in...

chinnagogue
replies: 8 views: 1,976
bgood 10 hours ago

I'm starting to use my MX5050 BQII 4 channel exclusively for drum tracking. Would love to have an inexpensive solution for...

rorohello
replies: 1 views: 97
BT64 10 hours ago

I'm bringing my home studio into the 2000's; I am not sure what sort of Audio Interface/USB Mixer/Control Surface I should...

Dj jagged
replies: 1 views: 109
BT64 10 hours ago

I just picked up a 40 channel Yamaha M3000 for $200 in outback Australia. Got it back to my garage and she fires up and works...

astrobell
replies: 1 views: 68
astrobell 10 hours ago

Hello I was wondering if anyone had to deal with licensing the Incredible Bongo Band's Apache breakbeat for a vinyl &...

Rusu
replies: 0 views: 77
Rusu 11 hours ago

Anyone know where to get these, or does anyone have a used set they're wanting to sell? The KIQProductions.com page doesn't seem...

jonpaulr123
replies: 4 views: 408
Petimar 14 hours ago

So I have audio both from my guitar and my daw coming through the XR18 to my studio monitors, but no sound from the computer...

Johnnypaddles
replies: 3 views: 131
Johnnypaddles 17 hours ago

Super Noob Audio Engineering question here, just want to be sure... I need a TS-TS cable. I have plenty of plugs but forgot I...

drsaamah
replies: 1 views: 81
ShadowsOfLife 17 hours ago

I've noticed most, if not all questions involving this online are concerned with changing the pitch of a song without changing...

Jaydoc
replies: 4 views: 250
qazqaz 18 hours ago

I have a mixing question about limiters. I have been gifted a Pro Tools mix template that was passed down from a few mixers. The...

TriangleSky
replies: 10 views: 471
qazqaz 19 hours ago

Hello everyone, I have been a lurker for a few years and I recently moved to a new house and got some new gear. I am worried...

mikevoice
replies: 2 views: 107
qazqaz 20 hours ago

Out of the built in Logic plug-ins, how can I get a really good, professional vocal sound? Here:...

RankinBagpipes
replies: 4 views: 257
chessparov2.0 20 hours ago

I'm trying to achieve that clear yet not sterile sound of those late 80's and early 90's Hard Rock recordings and i'm asking for...

gondola
replies: 50 views: 1,746
qazqaz 22 hours ago

I replaced the tubes in my TL AUDIO 5001 Quad Mic Pre (MkI) about 1.5 years ago, and it was working fine. A few months ago, I was...

alexdoo
replies: 9 views: 180
alexdoo 1 day ago

Lately, I've been recording bass and it's looked a bit lopsided in Logic. Take a look and listen and let me know what you think....

ChrisJoyeMusic
replies: 12 views: 1,767
joeq 1 day ago

Does anyone have any experience recording vocals? I am a complete beginner when it comes to recording. I have been trying to...

dunika
replies: 4 views: 249
ccg 1 day ago
replies: - views: -
dwellander 1 day ago

I've got two doubled guitar tracks panned left and right. They were recorded through different chains, and are at different...

deejayen
replies: 7 views: 218
Bushman 2 days ago

0:45 not my cup of tea this song, but got interested in using a similar synth to the one 0:45 (not the DONK one, put a donk on...

Taragana
replies: 1 views: 134
boingpoumtchak 2 days ago

Hi, I'm completely new to sound recording and I'm trying to set up a very basic home studio. The set up includes a...

Androcleas
replies: 6 views: 262
Bushman 2 days ago

TLDR: I think I need to wire unbalanced 1/4" from mixer to either a 1/8" trs or trrs laptop socket. Am I...

Styryl
replies: 3 views: 186
Korcraft 2 days ago

I was just a elementary school kid when this was popular, but, forgive my ignorance, how did they make the music? "Get Into...

BarcelonaMusic
replies: 16 views: 3,871
DJTOPCAT 2 days ago

As the heading says, looking for hardward units that can give the that sharp & fat sound that you heard on for instance...

Me.Lee
replies: 1 views: 136
ambiguous signal 2 days ago

Hello, new one here! freshflowe I'm about to do my first film shoot and although I've practiced a bit at uni I'm still have a...

stereo knife
replies: 6 views: 557
Piprdrey 2 days ago

Hey guys, i record videos while playing games. My rig is a 12 core amd + 1080 ti and i'm using a TLM103 + Yamaha MG10XUF as a...

RedFox300
replies: 13 views: 606
SyneRyder 3 days ago

Hi there, I'm using a Scarlett 2i2 and there seem to be random "crackles" and "pops" - the only way to...

cableboy
replies: 6 views: 1,918
fooddude 3 days ago

Hi everybody, I am currently mixing some recordings we did with my gypsy jazz trio, and I really need some advices. I'm quite...

jdutheil
replies: 0 views: 126
jdutheil 3 days ago

Hello all, I'm wondering if anyone would be able to point me in the right direction. I'm currently working on a 'Beginners...

AmokBSN
replies: 1 views: 137
Chuck Moe 3 days ago

I was messing around last night and recorded an electric rhythm guitar part against a drum loop. I then muted the guitar track...

deejayen
replies: 9 views: 321
deejayen 3 days ago

Hello guys, I'm new, but excited to learn. I'm Dabbling into mixing. But most of all I'm a music Enthusiast. I have a great...

Sibilant
replies: 18 views: 712
ambiguous signal 3 days ago

So I've noticed something in Logic. When panning to the right, the furthest possible panning unit (?) is +63. However, to the...

Naoki971
replies: 2 views: 163
Jagman18 3 days ago

Hi there! After years of recording ITB, I am tired of plugins and want to upgrade my recording chain to the highest possible...

DanHum
replies: 3 views: 205
Korcraft 3 days ago

Hey everyone, I am working in Logic Pro X. I had a project that was originally set to 44.1kHz, 16 bit with audio files recorded...

GarlandKelley
replies: 2 views: 153
Korcraft 3 days ago

So i'm trying to collect all the different mixing methodologies. I got those from watching countless tutorials. This clearly...

solarfall
replies: 14 views: 1,392
s wave 3 days ago

Hi all, I'm sure I'll be lambasted for asking this, but I'm trying to figure out why I can't get an honest sound out of my mics...

StevieD009
replies: 261 views: 17,942
ardis 3 days ago

Hello everyone, I'm kind of stuck on what I should do at the moment and could really use some expert advice. I currently have...

Vladamins
replies: 4 views: 163
Rick Dalton 3 days ago

I thought the paragraph I pasted below was interesting, curious how many people prefer dynamics and in which...

Garage Rodeo
replies: 12 views: 514
JSchlomo 4 days ago

i want to send my home recordings to a studio but not sure how to go about it. i use cakewalk daw but the studio either uses pro...

onshott1
replies: 5 views: 279
onshott1 4 days ago

Hello, I have a Reloop RP-8000 which has a built in pre-amp. I was sending the signal from RCA to two TRS connectors to a...

Decumulate
replies: 2 views: 159
Korcraft 4 days ago

Hello, I bought a mixpre-6 II a few days ago. I'm not professional and I bought mixpre-6 II just because I heard online that the...

hanazawarui3
replies: 6 views: 289
hanazawarui3 4 days ago

Moderators