The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced

Newbie audio engineering + production question zone

Sponsored By
Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

How to EQ

Does anyone know of any other great videos of how to eq? Here is a great lesson on how to EQ (or at least one of the ways to...

matt thomas
replies: 110 views: 58,054
mikeg.lazer 1 week ago

I started a thread the other day featuring a great video on EQing...

matt thomas
replies: 135 views: 68,477
mikeg.lazer 1 week ago

Hi ,and let me state first of all that i have no clue as to where the appropriate place for the following question on...

cnlgs
replies: 150 views: 124,762
mattiasnyc 3 weeks ago

Hey everyone, I'm really struggling to grasp the concept of dB and all its different aplications. I've read some "dB...

gmx750
replies: 41 views: 69,095
stardustmedia 23rd April 2015

To start a new thread simply click on the 'new thread' button (you need to register as a member to see this button and to make...

Jules
replies: 0 views: 33,647
Jules 17th January 2013

1) No being harsh / making fun of newbies :tut: and kip the sarcasm please! This is an area for basic questions that might have...

Jules
replies: 0 views: 34,412
Jules 1st February 2011

If I group all my drum tracks, set to 0, set the guitar, vocals, and keyboard to 0, how close to level would this put the mix? Am...

YourBestFriend
replies: 1 views: 41
Bushman 7 minutes ago

Hi! I'm recording live nature sound to a nature/documentary film. We record film and sound simultaneously and I bought a cheap...

Catarina
replies: 5 views: 288
mattiasnyc 1 hour ago

Hey guys....I'm fairly new to mixing and was wondering what your favorite plugin vocal chain was? I'm currently doing.... -...

thrice506
replies: 43 views: 5,782
simon.billington 1 hour ago

This was talked about a bit on another thread which I couldn't find...just wondering how some of you have done this, what you...

bill5
replies: 9 views: 444
joeq 2 hours ago

Hi guyz,when im mixing on headphones sometimes i want to mix louder but im not going to increase the volume in my daw ,i mean i...

KiuMars_TR
replies: 4 views: 354
KiuMars_TR 4 hours ago

I'm wondering how to get such vocals like Pharell Williams did in a chorus for NERD - Provider YouTube or Happy YouTube #1 At...

mattwatt
replies: 0 views: 91
mattwatt 5 hours ago

Hello Gearslutz community, I've been thinking about buying a AMS Neve 1073 DPX Dual Preamp & EQ, especially as I've only...

MusicBiz
replies: 2 views: 327
MusicBiz 5 hours ago
replies: - views: -
LeoTheLion 5 hours ago

Hi guys, I am voice actor and recently bought a new dynamic microphone. After using the mic for a few hours, it started...

The0
replies: 14 views: 410
jmzkonicek 7 hours ago

Hello everyone, I was wondering whether some pros in here could tell me whether the following recording is okay, I am...

GnR
replies: 0 views: 113
GnR 8 hours ago
replies: 19 views: 432
MC Antizino 9 hours ago

I’m recording an ob6 into logic through a presonus vsl22, 2 input interface. The interface has midi in and out. The synth has...

PoundTound
replies: 0 views: 113
PoundTound 13 hours ago

Hi, I’m completly new to this forum, so i dont know if im in the right place to ask my question. English is not my...

Coen99
replies: 1 views: 187
Coen99 14 hours ago

Hi, I'm blending guitars but I'm a bit confused how to group and pan them properly in Cubase. I'm mixing 2 guitars (left and...

Bulbous
replies: 5 views: 223
jammiedodger666 15 hours ago

Good evening everyone, I have a recurrent problem when I record myself singing. I'm always around 0.5 semitone under the correct...

judelaw
replies: 22 views: 662
joeq 1 day ago

Hi! So about a year ago when I was learning about recording on a 4-track, I ran into the issue of using my SM57 on my Yamaha...

sambws
replies: 7 views: 345
elegentdrum 1 day ago

So, I think I understand the volume normalization process at Spotify, and I realize that anything louder than -14 is going to get...

dougroscoe
replies: 3 views: 267
mattiasnyc 1 day ago

Hello, I'd like to make the same or very similar echo on the vocals as in Audacity by using the Effect / Echo plugin effect. I'm...

Hasagi
replies: 1 views: 215
wrgkmc 1 day ago

I'm very new at this not to mention I don't have the knowledge to know if this is even possible, Its all in good fun as a hobby,...

Hammerman75
replies: 1 views: 258
wrgkmc 1 day ago

Hi, everything worked like a charm until noon. I used the Audient iD14 since two months now and I had sound. My laptop wasn't...

Horizon7777
replies: 6 views: 303
Horizon7777 1 day ago

Hi all, I've been running a podcast for 3 years with an in-studio co-host (my wife, at our table). We're stepping up our game to...

jephre
replies: 3 views: 448
jammiedodger666 1 day ago

Hi, I'm looking at getting a sequencer I have an MFB522, a Nord Drum, and an Esoniq SQ1. Getting a drum loop of the 522 +...

WebbNZ
replies: 1 views: 233
jammiedodger666 1 day ago

I was just given a Neumann 102 by a friend and I have no clue what I need. I had a USB mic before that was really easy to use so...

CyS
replies: 4 views: 278
slowtrain 1 day ago

Im considering upgrading my DAC which is an AK1 that makes crackling noises and I have to wiggle the headphone cable to fix...

Sweepes
replies: 1 views: 206
Sweepes 2 days ago

0:00 - 0:21 GTA Online: Smuggler's Run Original Score — Smuggler Track S Four - YouTube What synth is this and any tips on...

jackfruit
replies: 1 views: 404
Afroham 2 days ago

Hi there, my fellow slutz.. I have been a voyeur for years as the forums answer my question but.. I am in the process of wiring...

CuRiOuSG
replies: 2 views: 321
Patrick Norton 2 days ago

Hi all, I recently got the Pultec from Klark and I do like it with the little time I've had to play around with it. Are there...

CoilDomain
replies: 3 views: 423
Sigma 2 days ago

What i want to do: connect a macbook pro to my mackie 1220 onyx firewire to play sound effects live and connect my mixer to...

leynan
replies: 0 views: 117
leynan 2 days ago

I have had several "audio interface"s, all of them will work if the moon is in the correct phase and some other factors...

cheyrn
replies: 3 views: 284
CJ Mastering 2 days ago

What I'm looking for: 88 keys, would settle for 76, might consider 61 semi-weighted pitch/mod controls (probably states the...

bill5
replies: 2 views: 347
bill5 2 days ago

Hello, Using altiverb to spice up a mix 80s style by using the yamaha spx90 impulse response. But it seems to not sit on it's...

spektor
replies: 15 views: 578
spektor 3 days ago

OK so to make my title alittle more clear, I would like to send my guitar Into an Apogee Ensemble for recording, Thru to a...

Spano
replies: 1 views: 235
Notanothersteve 3 days ago

Recently I purchased a stereo pair oktava mk 012 from official site. On the recordings in Youtube I like their sound, but when I...

Petrucho
replies: 4 views: 315
latweek 3 days ago

Hey thanks for clicking. I record voices. Well, my own. I have two studios one has Lawo Desk - Digital Pre Amps and Lawo EQ,...

HRPOWER
replies: 19 views: 645
Rami Hashash 3 days ago

Hey there, Hope everyone is having a fantastic start to their week. I have a question about bouncing tracks. My question...

makeyourself236
replies: 13 views: 536
JohnCameron2018 3 days ago

Is it worth upgrading from a USB Yeti mic to a e835 + CL-1 + ur22mkii or At2020 xlr + scarlett solo? Untreated bedroom, male...

walterlopez8
replies: 30 views: 751
Bushman 3 days ago

Hi all, Today I purchased two KRK Rokit RP5 G3 monitor speakers, however they are both emitting a noise that sounds like...

dtb
replies: 14 views: 12,816
weezul 3 days ago

I record a fingerstyle acoustic guitarist and I have tried and tried to produce a recording that I'm happy with, yet they always...

FinsMagic
replies: 13 views: 399
eternalsound 3 days ago

I'm getting a lot more serious about building an actual dedicated studio space in my home. Having recorded in a very sub optimal...

impossomible
replies: 11 views: 406
joeq 4 days ago

Hey guys, I got a C414 XLII which is a great mic so far, but I've been using it into my Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 :facepalm:, so I...

wesleyestudiobr
replies: 14 views: 458
bill5 4 days ago
replies: - views: -
Bushman 4 days ago

Just listened to MxPx's new song "Let's Ride" for reference to a client who just finished recording and wanted me to...

yarniwre
replies: 6 views: 413
eternalsound 4 days ago

Hi! I'm looking for inexpensive gear with multiple assignable CC knobs. Some of my VSTis use a crazy amount of CCs that I...

Pierceful
replies: 11 views: 21,296
Deleted User 4 days ago

Hi, I'm relatively a beginner in mixing. I've listened to many songs over the years but it is a group named "SOB X RBE"...

ForeverTheCity
replies: 2 views: 336
CJ Mastering 4 days ago

Would there be any probelms wiht usinga 48v powered Rupert Neve Di box beofre sendin g it in the APogee's I create probelms? I...

Spano
replies: 2 views: 239
Brent Hahn 4 days ago

Hi there, I've asked this question to Behringer support, who replied with exactly the setup I described (?): I have an...

maxrussell
replies: 3 views: 262
CJ Mastering 4 days ago

Hi everyone! Right I recently brought a Apollo Twin MKii Thunderbolt for Mac and since upgrading to the Apollo Twin my vocals...

LeeWest155
replies: 1 views: 279
slowtrain 4 days ago

I'm sure there is a plethora of information about this topic although i'm hoping somebody more experienced can compile some...

danielk.uk
replies: 4 views: 357
stevelindsay 5 days ago

Whats the best way to hook up a compressor? Should I plug it in before a preamp or after, and what's the difference? Also, is...

ThroatCaptain
replies: 23 views: 5,012
travisbrown 5 days ago

Sorry if this is dumb question... Does an FCB1010 straight out of factory (no chip update) send toggle or momentary messages?...

washburnbill
replies: 0 views: 213
washburnbill 5 days ago

Moderators

Forum Tools
Search this Forum
Search this Forum :

Advanced Search