The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced

Sponsored By
Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

I started a thread the other day featuring a great video on EQing...

matt thomas
replies: 137 views: 72,685
AndyHowell 2 weeks ago

Hi ,and let me state first of all that i have no clue as to where the appropriate place for the following question on...

cnlgs
replies: 152 views: 130,811
mattiasnyc 8th September 2018

How to EQ

Does anyone know of any other great videos of how to eq? Here is a great lesson on how to EQ (or at least one of the ways to...

matt thomas
replies: 110 views: 61,522
mikeg.lazer 9th August 2018

Hey everyone, I'm really struggling to grasp the concept of dB and all its different aplications. I've read some "dB...

gmx750
replies: 41 views: 72,421
stardustmedia 23rd April 2015

To start a new thread simply click on the 'new thread' button (you need to register as a member to see this button and to make...

Jules
replies: 0 views: 35,071
Jules 17th January 2013

1) No being harsh / making fun of newbies :tut: and kip the sarcasm please! This is an area for basic questions that might have...

Jules
replies: 0 views: 35,952
Jules 1st February 2011

I was at Guitar Center earlier today fiddling around with a Player Series Stratocaster using a Roland Jazz Chorus amp — simply...

MisterCrayle
replies: 8 views: 73
CJ Mastering 5 minutes ago

Hi, I'm not a newbie, buuut this is a newbie type question so.. When mixing I often read top engineers say high and low...

phillus
replies: 3 views: 124
JSchlomo 13 minutes ago

I'm tracking guitars through a Suhr reactive load box into logic. Meters for tracking are all averaging -18db so am pretty sure...

Thehowlingsea
replies: 2 views: 51
Wizzomixer 28 minutes ago

Which is more important to make room in the mix for vocal clarity and presence? The fundamental The midrange Or the...

goom
replies: 4 views: 191
JSchlomo 29 minutes ago

I have studio drummer as a rack instrument in cubase for multiple outputs to single each component of the drums. My OH and Room...

ty45
replies: 10 views: 280
JSchlomo 38 minutes ago

Hey guys New member, long time reader. Hopefully this is in the right section! I’m a Head of Music in a school that has...

Mbarraclough
replies: 0 views: 10
Mbarraclough 44 minutes ago

Hello, I'm looking at hooking up my Focusrite Octopre MkII preamps to my my UAD Apollo 8p interface via an ADAT optical cable...

tomatoKetchup
replies: 2 views: 69
tomatoKetchup 57 minutes ago

Hi, Hopefully a simple question... I want to recreate the sound that is layered under the kick drum, the low synthy subby thing...

ethyl
replies: 2 views: 78
chrisso 1 hour ago

hey there, i'm using a akai mg614 mixer at the moment and i can't seem to find much information about it on the internet....

dodecaphonic
replies: 16 views: 308
matt pinchin 2 hours ago

Hello, I want to calibrate my speakers and my interface. My audio interface manual says I need to set my knob to 1 or 2...

Horizon7777
replies: 5 views: 198
JSchlomo 5 hours ago

I have been using a client's tlm 102 through a ua6176 for most of 2018. I record vocals male and female and use the 610 eqing for...

Darkschmunky
replies: 0 views: 66
Darkschmunky 6 hours ago

A lot of people here, tend to dislike overly tuned vocals saying it adds artifacts, and makes the vocal sound emotionless, or...

herzack
replies: 128 views: 2,024
s wave 7 hours ago
replies: - views: -
BT64 16 hours ago

How do/would/can I use headphones as a mic w/Logic Pro X? I'm using ATH-M50x w/Scarlett 2i4 2nd gen.

boombapdame
replies: 1 views: 125
CJ Mastering 16 hours ago

i was trying to figure out if i needed a monitor controller, right now i have an apollo twin mk2 and a mac book pro and i have to...

malconehunned
replies: 0 views: 106
malconehunned 17 hours ago

Ok... I have a Fredenstein 10s Bento it is patched into my Apollo twin by means of a switchcraft patchbay. (I hope that is...

royalrap
replies: 22 views: 719
royalrap 18 hours ago

Good afternoon Slutz, I was hoping to pick your brainz about how YOU integrate (or would integrate) an a cappella section into...

thizzprofessor
replies: 2 views: 128
CJ Mastering 18 hours ago

So I like to practice mixing with stems from Mike Seniors website, I downloaded a hip-hop session to practice something out of my...

GiveMeYourGuitar
replies: 2 views: 164
JSchlomo 18 hours ago

Loudness Wars. As a recording and mixing engineer, I totally sympathize with our Mastering Friends when it comes to balancing...

njallen
replies: 18 views: 343
JSchlomo 18 hours ago

Bit basic, but how do i send audio from an iMac to a hardware compressor? Will i need an audio interface or line out...

JohnCameron2018
replies: 4 views: 433
CJ Mastering 20 hours ago

Hey Guys! So, I have no idea where to put this, so I picked this thread... Well, I want to start selling music to...

skie
replies: 2 views: 196
theblue1 21 hours ago

most of the 2 channel USB interfaces(2 mic inputs) have a guitar direct jack on the front or by switch using one of the mic...

678x
replies: 2 views: 322
678x 21 hours ago

Hello, I was window shopping the Weiss DAC1-MK3 (2 channel DAC, if money is no object.....). Anyways, there are no BNC...

camacozie
replies: 3 views: 226
rumleymusic 22 hours ago

I've realized i'm getting delay from the amount of plugins I have on one channel... How do i compensate for this? There's a like...

Brandon203111
replies: 5 views: 249
CJ Mastering 22 hours ago

So, I want to do this — • Preamp > Axe-Fx > Audio Interface > DAW • Will there be any latency or delays?

MisterCrayle
replies: 7 views: 166
drycappuccinoguy 23 hours ago

I've been told that eq boosts can cause phase.. how much of an eq boost causes phase??? Is it different with different EQs?? if...

Brandon203111
replies: 4 views: 281
open_source 1 day ago

Hi , could somebody guide me through please as how to set up Korg Electribe Ea-1 MK2 with Roland TR8 and TB3 I currently...

Vitalis2
replies: 1 views: 248
Subverter 1 day ago

So I have an Avatone Mixcube on the way and was wondering whether I can feed it from the headphone out of my Scarlett 18i20 with...

jeebles
replies: 16 views: 342
jeebles 1 day ago

hey. I'm a university student and my final year project is on the topic, Full band vs. Multitracking. The project is not only...

samthehobbitman
replies: 1 views: 184
wrgkmc 1 day ago

What preamp should I use on my apollo mkll to track out production done with a series of korg volcas?

Snarlsbroccoli
replies: 2 views: 167
ctothej123 1 day ago

For example, I downloaded a track from TIDAL -- put it on a new REAPER track and thew iZotope Insight on the master. The track...

4n410g
replies: 9 views: 386
4n410g 1 day ago

I've been a drummer my entire life and have only started producing music recently...so please bear with me. In my pre-chorus...

Jasper Allen
replies: 2 views: 210
Prodba 1 day ago

hey folks, i have a bunch of softsynth tracks that id like to try sending through preamps to color the sound. i have a...

mineralwells
replies: 2 views: 234
Philbert 1 day ago

Hello, thanks in advance for any help/suggestions. This is my 2nd audio interface, coming from the Apollo Twin Duo usb (which I...

rangeroper
replies: 16 views: 302
rangeroper 2 days ago

Good morning, I'm new here, I'm a student of sound in Spain and currently we have a new job to do in a forum in English, so I...

Monet23
replies: 10 views: 372
joeq 2 days ago

I’m trying to boost my sound and I only have enough for one piece right now. Would my sound benefit more by adding the 2-Bus LT...

robondrums
replies: 6 views: 248
BT64 2 days ago

Every time I try reamping guitar tracks, I'm never happy with the tone. It's hard to describe, but the tone sounds degraded. I've...

judedog
replies: 5 views: 287
KamandaSD 2 days ago

Hey guys. I have a question about mic preamps. I've been saving up for a c800g but my interface/mic preamp is a scarlett 18i8....

dannydawiz
replies: 4 views: 244
Doc Mixwell 2 days ago

Hey there, just have a pretty straightforward question, ive got a scarlett 18i20 device, i was trying to find Unity gain so i...

Michaelthed123
replies: 4 views: 242
Michaelthed123 2 days ago

So tomorrow I am recording a drum track with just a snare and floor tom. As those are the only two drums my drummer uses in the...

danielkov86
replies: 20 views: 429
64gtoboy 2 days ago

Not sure if this fits here but I’m a novice looking for some advice on how to set up a one-room rehearsal-recording space....

detroitbasement
replies: 3 views: 249
Mag J 3 days ago

Hello dears, I am planning to visit a cave in a few days and what i have in mind is capturing some impulse responses in the...

alsa
replies: 0 views: 211
alsa 3 days ago

As we know, the Mid and Side information of a stereo file is achieved by sum and difference but the side information will always...

MUSICMUSIC
replies: 30 views: 628
MUSICMUSIC 3 days ago

Hello there ! I'm trying to connect a rode NT1 to a Xenyx Q802 USB mixer or to a Zoom H4nPro without results. - When I...

tiquicia69
replies: 5 views: 333
MarkF48 3 days ago

Just hooked this rig up. SM7B/CloudlifterZ/MVi/Laptop Terrible ground buzz. If I put my finger anywhere on the MVi the...

RockJock
replies: 7 views: 256
BT64 3 days ago

Hello. I decided to make my own home studio and I want to ask you a question. I'am looking for some decent headphones ~100$....

Miclover
replies: 0 views: 201
Miclover 3 days ago

I've recently started using Impulse Response software for guitar cabs and the result sounds a bit phasey. Here's a recorded...

Thehowlingsea
replies: 5 views: 292
Thehowlingsea 3 days ago

Hi guys, I've been working crazy hours setting up my samples, User Library and the Ableton folder in general. As I sink hours...

OzWalt
replies: 1 views: 217
undvlpt 3 days ago

When i'm sending midi notes to the ob6 i get a strtange behaviour of the ob6: Most of the time when i am starting or stopping the...

pachakuti
replies: 0 views: 192
pachakuti 3 days ago

I think tittle is obvious,why piano is always clicky in my mixes at car?i mean when just piano is playing

KiuMars_TR
replies: 9 views: 750
xenosapien 4 days ago

Moderators

Forum Tools
Search this Forum
Search this Forum :

Advanced Search