The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced

Newbie audio engineering + production question zone

Sponsored By
Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

Hi ,and let me state first of all that i have no clue as to where the appropriate place for the following question on...

cnlgs
replies: 149 views: 122,632
orior 5 days ago

How to EQ

Does anyone know of any other great videos of how to eq? Here is a great lesson on how to EQ (or at least one of the ways to...

matt thomas
replies: 109 views: 56,741
abluesky 5 days ago

I started a thread the other day featuring a great video on EQing...

matt thomas
replies: 132 views: 66,916
LouisT 5 days ago

Hey everyone, I'm really struggling to grasp the concept of dB and all its different aplications. I've read some "dB...

gmx750
replies: 41 views: 68,166
stardustmedia 23rd April 2015

To start a new thread simply click on the 'new thread' button (you need to register as a member to see this button and to make...

Jules
replies: 0 views: 33,292
Jules 17th January 2013

1) No being harsh / making fun of newbies :tut: and kip the sarcasm please! This is an area for basic questions that might have...

Jules
replies: 0 views: 33,871
Jules 1st February 2011

Hello, planning on getting a dynamic mic for podcasting/streaming. After looking at a some for a couple months I always seemed...

thaas
replies: 6 views: 76
thaas 7 minutes ago

Hello folks: I don't come here often, but I'm having problems finding answers to a couple of nagging questions to me. My...

Robash
replies: 5 views: 340
Robash 8 minutes ago

Hey, asking for friend, I'm not familiar with the lower end spectrum of devices right now, but looking for a competent 2...

lestermagneto
replies: 0 views: 1
lestermagneto 12 minutes ago

I have turned my Neumann v472 mic preamp on and off several times kinda consecutively, have I damaged anything?

Banjoman1201
replies: 36 views: 404
jerry123 54 minutes ago

This is to me one of the best sounding albums. So open and clear. So dynamic. So many layers and still so well defined. How did...

Ninecows
replies: 9 views: 571
Ninecows 1 hour ago

How many hours till I know my speakers? After listening to 20 hours of music will I become used to the snare not being in my face...

YourBestFriend
replies: 25 views: 415
Bushman 3 hours ago

Do you like your snare to have as much punch as the kick? If I mix I would want to make the snare as loud as the kick and it...

YourBestFriend
replies: 3 views: 218
wrgkmc 3 hours ago

Hi Everyone, I am a fairly new and aspiring voice talent in which I am debating which microphone setup would be best for my...

DougVO
replies: 2 views: 95
facej 4 hours ago

Hi guys! first post here.. What would be the most convenient way to record a desktop synth (O-coast ie)? I mean, without a daw....

sdhdavid
replies: 2 views: 289
Quetz 4 hours ago

I have an Amek Recall that I got for almost nothing. It is great! Now, my console research has revealed that some consoles have...

Saturations
replies: 2 views: 105
Saturations 4 hours ago

Hello everyone, So, here's a problem I found just today when my 2 channel AD converter just arrived and I tried it on recording...

morosh
replies: 3 views: 308
morosh 7 hours ago

Hello I have a question about panning: In my project everything other than the vocals are vst instruments; drums, synth bass,...

SlugPass
replies: 7 views: 435
jammiedodger666 7 hours ago

I am workng on a song right now, and in the verse there is guitar, pad and piano playing the exact same chords in the exact same...

WOTC
replies: 7 views: 391
jammiedodger666 7 hours ago

Hey guys I’m new to the forum, (I’ve lurked on and off.) My names Tyler and I’m looking for some assistance in putting...

TopRankingEnt
replies: 1 views: 278
dethbyoogabooga 8 hours ago

I'm looking to start a home set up for a male hip-hop/r&b vocalist. The goal is to get radio quality, not necessarily...

walterlopez8
replies: 73 views: 4,635
joeq 16 hours ago

My condensers (fet and tube) seem to make hard consonants sound like ice-picks to the head. My ribbon does pretty well, but...

goom
replies: 17 views: 410
goom 17 hours ago
replies: - views: -
Bushman 20 hours ago

Im thinking mix OTB but not analogic summing stuff. I need a digital mixer to run at least 24 tracks from my DAW... Mixer with...

Digital coconut
replies: 15 views: 388
Digital coconut 22 hours ago

Imagine you finish a mix where you add a clone of itself with a different stereo width. Some kind of "parallel...

branscobe
replies: 6 views: 405
wrgkmc 1 day ago

Hi everyone, I dont have a huge amount of knowledge in terms of outboard gear/hardware. I have been using Ableton for 5 years...

rrtn2018
replies: 3 views: 311
jerry123 1 day ago

how do you set up outputs when you want to run video during a live session so that it only the video plays and you don't have a...

Al G
replies: 0 views: 195
Al G 1 day ago

Hi When I plug my guitar direct into the mixer I get a pretty loud hum and static unless I touch the metal cable end. This...

kahunacohen
replies: 3 views: 291
tedtan 1 day ago

Hey Guys, I've not found a good anwser in the huge www so I decided to start a thread here. I have a Audio Apollo 16 duo (8...

barletta
replies: 0 views: 198
barletta 1 day ago

I recently watched a video with Fab doing a workshop and I noticed he was using a powermate for something in pro tools. Its hard...

joe_04_04
replies: 6 views: 3,374
joacoc 1 day ago

I'm using UAD Apollo 8 in ProTools and am using SPDIF instead of regular I/O input/outputs to route to my outboard gear for...

OfficialCJA
replies: 3 views: 287
mattiasnyc 1 day ago

I had a thread that created another question I have regarding early 80's recordings. The album in question is Rainbows -...

mr. torture
replies: 2 views: 389
chazmar 1 day ago
replies: - views: -
chazmar 1 day ago

Is it worth upgrading from a USB Yeti mic to a e835 + CL-1 + ur22mkii or At2020 xlr + scarlett solo? Untreated bedroom, male...

walterlopez8
replies: 4 views: 319
Bushman 1 day ago

Hi all, Thank you for taking the time to help me out! So I want to start producing music, mainly focusing on Hip Hop...

Stanthart
replies: 0 views: 254
Stanthart 1 day ago

YouTube really like the vibe of this song but cannot seem to replicate the reverb used(there's a space echo in there somewhere I...

fontfiend
replies: 5 views: 328
fontfiend 1 day ago

When you post on one of the forums here, how do you add a wav. or MP3 as an "attachment". I understand it's located...

chessparov2.0
replies: 2 views: 290
chessparov2.0 1 day ago

I am trying to get a better understanding of how to use mixers with recording devices. Suppose I have a four channel cassette...

haunted3
replies: 23 views: 680
Quetz 1 day ago

Hi all, I'm sure I'll be lambasted for asking this, but I'm trying to figure out why I can't get an honest sound out of my mics...

StevieD009
replies: 230 views: 6,405
Quetz 1 day ago

So here's the problem. I accidentaly auto-panned the bass part on a track and rendered it like that a few years ago. The bass...

maqio
replies: 5 views: 302
lbumae 1 day ago

I"m not new to IT or recording. In fact, I'm from old school where we use to cut 2" tape and aligned them before...

Anthony1
replies: 4 views: 419
Wizzomixer 1 day ago

Okay, so I actually have a few questions in here and hopefully you all can help me figure it out! I have a Mackie 802vlz4 that I...

justshane
replies: 0 views: 208
justshane 2 days ago

Hello all, I have a relatively simple project that I am having a great struggle with implementing successfully. The...

agleam
replies: 8 views: 411
Quetz 2 days ago

Hey. There are some really cool photos of expensive rack gear on GS where every unit has been installed in the rack one on top of...

9xSound
replies: 31 views: 2,601
Deckdaddy 2 days ago

Dear fellow Slutz, First post. Hello all! rockout I am looking to buy a funky Yamaha Reface keyboard and I am wondering how...

FunkyWorm
replies: 1 views: 277
dethbyoogabooga 2 days ago

G’day! I’m setting up my first home studio and have a couple of q’s - I have a presonus 1818vsl and I want to hook up an...

JohnnyChopper
replies: 0 views: 219
JohnnyChopper 2 days ago

Apologies if this is the wrong section to post this question in. I don’t like using software like fl studio very much and I...

NicolBolas
replies: 6 views: 591
dethbyoogabooga 2 days ago

Welcome friends. I have a sound card of type rme FireFace 800 but I want to know what is the internal card in the computer until...

khitam
replies: 1 views: 316
Jason Foi 2 days ago

This is probably super basic to most of you, but I'm a bit of a dummy for this sort of thing. To get straight to the point,...

FormicAcid
replies: 0 views: 287
FormicAcid 2 days ago

Hi, I've been ITB the last years. Now things are going better and software wise I'm pretty stuffed. I got 2000€ (~ 2400...

occide
replies: 12 views: 384
Owen L T 2 days ago

Hello everyone, :) I often see people talk about saturation for high end frequencies on vocals, specially set on the...

Sybille
replies: 8 views: 341
trevon 2 days ago

Hey guys. I recently bought the RME Fireface UCX and new genelec monitors and wanted to make a new acustic measurement with...

Nungunugu
replies: 2 views: 252
brockorama 2 days ago

I am a beginner and just got my first piano (a Yamaha YPT260) today and have already come up with....something that could be a...

sumthinsumthin7
replies: 1 views: 345
paul brown 3 days ago

Was good GS fam, Someone made me a bargain for a dangerous 2 bus LT summing mixer for $600. I really want to hop on top of...

DontaBlack
replies: 7 views: 377
DontaBlack 3 days ago

I’m going to be tracking drums next weekend. I have a couple nice (or nice-ish) preamps and am trying to figure out how to get...

franktree
replies: 10 views: 412
franktree 3 days ago

Hello everybody! Please advice me of the right order of turning on and off my audio gear to avoid potential damages! This...

morosh
replies: 5 views: 342
BIG BUDDHA 3 days ago

Moderators

Forum Tools
Search this Forum
Search this Forum :

Advanced Search