The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

How to EQ

Does anyone know of any other great videos of how to eq? Here is a great lesson on how to EQ (or at least one of the ways to...

matt thomas
replies: 142 views: 89,597
bill5 2 weeks ago

I started a thread the other day featuring a great video on EQing...

matt thomas
replies: 152 views: 105,349
puremix.net 10th January 2020

Hi ,and let me state first of all that i have no clue as to where the appropriate place for the following question on...

cnlgs
replies: 173 views: 172,679
Tascam238 9th September 2019

Hey everyone, I'm really struggling to grasp the concept of dB and all its different aplications. I've read some "dB...

gmx750
replies: 41 views: 93,158
stardustmedia 23rd April 2015

To start a new thread simply click on the 'new thread' button (you need to register as a member to see this button and to make...

Jules
replies: 0 views: 41,618
Jules 17th January 2013

1) No being harsh / making fun of newbies :tut: and kip the sarcasm please! This is an area for basic questions that might have...

Jules
replies: 0 views: 45,557
Jules 1st February 2011

Hi, I'm running Ableton Live 10 Suite and need some help and advice setting up my rig. If anyone can talk me through it i'd be...

edpops
replies: 0 views: 43
edpops 1 hour ago

The Emphasis knob on the legendary LA-2A compressor/limiter is something you don’t hear discussed too often. However, it can...

puremix.net
replies: 0 views: 54
puremix.net 2 hours ago

Hey there guys, Do you still remember the first time you opened up your DAW to make your first "song"? ;) I do and...

Moritz_
replies: 2 views: 103
Moritz_ 3 hours ago

Hi everyone! I'm new to audio engineering & production, so I'm still learning. So I apologize if this is a dumb question...

SeanChristopher
replies: 1 views: 121
NicolasSound 6 hours ago

FYI, I only have two outputs on my interface (Apogee Element 24). Does anyone have any recommendations for someone who is...

melodic dreamer
replies: 5 views: 369
BenLadder 8 hours ago

I’m using my Shure Sm7b which is connected to my focusrite 2i2, which is connected to my dbx 286s, to give the Shure Sm7b more...

producer679
replies: 4 views: 592
Korcraft 11 hours ago

I'm looking for a patch cable hub/splitter with the ability to sever a connection without manually removing the cable. Sure I can...

IfYouSeeKade
replies: 1 views: 337
Wayne 12 hours ago

I´m recording a female alt voice with golden age R1 Tube active ribbon mic connected to RME Babyface I´m having problem...

Green78
replies: 10 views: 625
Bushman 16 hours ago

Hi, I have been producing for about 10 years now and have had a few releases here and there back when I was making disco...

jak1211
replies: 0 views: 205
jak1211 17 hours ago

Is it critical or necessary to link compressor channels? I have read other threads, specifically about the drawmer 1968-69 on...

Mixxed Up
replies: 18 views: 12,685
HerbDelux 18 hours ago

When I finish a mix, I make sure the loudest sections don't surpass about -6dB to allow myself decenter overhead during...

deern
replies: 6 views: 379
HerbDelux 18 hours ago

I am interested in listening to music only. Up to now I had decent headphones (AKG-K701) connected to a good DAC/AMP (ODAC/O2),...

consumerslut42
replies: 3 views: 412
HerbDelux 18 hours ago

In another thread someone mentioned the Arturia 8pre line being risky, as they are new to the market and the risk of it becoming...

MINDRXN
replies: 5 views: 278
Korcraft 18 hours ago

Hey. I have a Yamaha DD-65 and M Audio Fast Track Usb II Sound Card. How can i connect the dd-65 to my pc and get sound...

Acillatem
replies: 7 views: 3,054
weave 19 hours ago

Hi, I have built a pair of onmi top 12" PA Speakers and i must say they sound very bad right now. I have a 32 band DBX EQ...

Sammysatic
replies: 3 views: 1,077
Sammysatic 19 hours ago

I read repeatedly the problem that exists when trying to record with two microphones at the same time and the phase issues that...

Murrfk
replies: 71 views: 2,335
Korcraft 20 hours ago

So my Jupiter 4 is passing current through the cable causing interference with my focusrite scarlet (making it disconnect during...

STATICERROR
replies: 3 views: 594
BT64 21 hours ago

So I just bought the Shure sm58 microphone and the Scarlett 2i2 gen 2 as well as a XLR to XLR cable (male to female) and I...

firewarhorse
replies: 7 views: 353
Bushman 21 hours ago

Ive been trying to record my Taylor 114ce in my home recording setup (SM81 into a great river mp500nv into a UA Apollo Twin. SM81...

matt1672
replies: 10 views: 496
JSchlomo 1 day ago

edit, if I use my preamp in between my interface and microphone the whine is gone(transformers?).

IGotWorms
replies: 4 views: 329
IGotWorms 1 day ago

Hello Gearslutz! I am an amateur recording/mixing enthusiast going on about 4 years. I have a well treated room and am using...

tjgjr
replies: 1 views: 381
johannburkard 1 day ago

Hello, I use a UA Arrow and I'm wondering if it's a good idea to compress the vocals in the way in to avoid clipping? If yes...

u929
replies: 1 views: 622
CJ Mastering 1 day ago

(sorry if this isn't the right place to post this, I created my account just so I could ask this question so I'm not really sure...

R3V
replies: 0 views: 582
R3V 1 day ago

Can someone please help me figure this one out!! I’m going from a Shure SM7B (I’ve tried the SM58 also), into a CL1...

ThrowBack99
replies: 19 views: 457
ThrowBack99 1 day ago

Hi y'all, I recently bought an outboard Digital EQ and I'm racking my brain (and gearslutz) trying to figure out how to...

Spencer M
replies: 2 views: 386
CJ Mastering 1 day ago

When I start making a new track I always make the drop first.But as soon as I'm done with the drop,I struggle with the intro of...

MSF
replies: 3 views: 320
CJ Mastering 1 day ago

Hi, im new here so im not sure if this is the right subforum, if not i apologize. Im really new to all this mixers thing, and...

emepese
replies: 2 views: 398
CJ Mastering 2 days ago

Hello all! We are a neomedieval band of east of France, and we play live at medieval parties: 3 medieval bagpipes, 2 heavy...

ZnarF
replies: 3 views: 402
ZnarF 2 days ago

I'd like to state that I'm very uneducated when it comes to a lot of the common terms associated with setting up and calibrating...

Yeul
replies: 4 views: 316
wrgkmc 2 days ago

I've always been afraid of and confused by patch bays, and have therefore never used one. For the most part, I haven't needed...

The Mule
replies: 31 views: 2,325
Methlab 3 days ago

I'm wondering if anyone might know of resources online that would have advice, tips, etc. about the particular challenges...

May1913
replies: 7 views: 1,262
deedeeyeah 3 days ago

Hello everyone, :) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mQER0A0ej0M Simple question, I keep coming back to this vocal sound,...

Sybille
replies: 34 views: 1,387
johnjj 3 days ago

So, I'm currently using the Steinberg UR22MKII, and have some 150$ on the side to invest. I'm wondering is there anything in that...

Joe111
replies: 6 views: 416
kwaem 3 days ago

I was just a elementary school kid when this was popular, but, forgive my ignorance, how did they make the music? "Get Into...

BarcelonaMusic
replies: 12 views: 1,961
manfromthe80s 3 days ago

Hi Guys, I don't know if the subject covers my question well, but here it is: I have a novation Impulse connected via USB to my...

Thieson
replies: 6 views: 338
Thieson 3 days ago

Hey GS, I'm new here and this is my first post. Before I start I'd like to quickly thank everyone for all the help in the...

Gillbox
replies: 2 views: 1,041
yentz 3 days ago

Hello, Could someone explain to me like I'm 5? I have an Apogee 88 Thunderbolt interface that has two separate outputs,...

ignobilitor
replies: 2 views: 273
CJ Mastering 3 days ago

Hello guys, I bought Boss RC505 loopstation for my home studio but when i connected my speakers to the output (as written in...

DaFinn
replies: 1 views: 500
Korcraft 3 days ago

So as the title says which cable do i need if i want to connect Makie Cr4 to Audient ID22 for some reason i cant figure it out by...

Young Sine
replies: 4 views: 746
Korcraft 3 days ago

Hi Members, I have a silly sort of question but I'm genuinely curious. Why aren't pop filters or windscreens used very often...

Cameron Hamill
replies: 7 views: 520
bill5 3 days ago

Hi guys: Hardware newbi here. Thanks in advance for any answers or directed posts. Considering to purchase an outboard...

D Sol
replies: 2 views: 312
Korcraft 3 days ago

I recently got a MOTU M4, great interface. I got this specific interface so I could dedicate inputs 1 and 2 to my mics, and...

foul_owl
replies: 12 views: 938
foul_owl 3 days ago

I spent the past 10 years in medicine and want to explore analog sequencers as a side hobby. I am trying to research the best...

thatkidmike
replies: 0 views: 456
thatkidmike 3 days ago

So I'm running Logic Pro on a 2019 Macbook pro 2.4 GHz 8-Core Intel Core i9 with 32 GB of memory. The project I'm running...

Naoki971
replies: 3 views: 912
CJ Mastering 4 days ago

I'm working on setting up a mix template in Pro Tools that includes fair amount of parallel processing signal paths. Can someone...

guittarzzan
replies: 9 views: 408
mattiasnyc 4 days ago

Hey everyone! I made my first youtube tutorial. I think this will help a lot of newer recordists improve their drum sounds in...

blackmajik2021
replies: 0 views: 446
blackmajik2021 4 days ago
replies: - views: -
justmusic 4 days ago

Im starting my podcast project and was looking at the Audient iD22 or iD44 interfaces primarily for its RETURN input feature to...

patriot
replies: 3 views: 638
patriot 4 days ago

Hey, How would you go about getting these vocals? I hear the delay and reverb, but more specific than that. Can you...

sameey
replies: 4 views: 481
sameey 4 days ago

Hello, I have been looking into this for a long time now, but I can't seem to find an answer anywhere. I have a macbook pro...

JCheever
replies: 3 views: 473
skillz335 4 days ago

Moderators

Forum Tools
Search this Forum
Search this Forum :

Advanced Search