The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

How to EQ

Does anyone know of any other great videos of how to eq? Here is a great lesson on how to EQ (or at least one of the ways to...

matt thomas
replies: 121 views: 66,815
jmwatt1234 3 days ago

Hi ,and let me state first of all that i have no clue as to where the appropriate place for the following question on...

cnlgs
replies: 154 views: 139,520
Matt Syson 1 week ago

I started a thread the other day featuring a great video on EQing...

matt thomas
replies: 145 views: 79,182
DIGIT 3 weeks ago

Hey everyone, I'm really struggling to grasp the concept of dB and all its different aplications. I've read some "dB...

gmx750
replies: 41 views: 77,052
stardustmedia 23rd April 2015

To start a new thread simply click on the 'new thread' button (you need to register as a member to see this button and to make...

Jules
replies: 0 views: 36,526
Jules 17th January 2013

1) No being harsh / making fun of newbies :tut: and kip the sarcasm please! This is an area for basic questions that might have...

Jules
replies: 0 views: 38,149
Jules 1st February 2011

Hey all I'm currently doing some experiments for a “brass and synth” project I'm working on. I'm sending a baritone horn...

MonVieuxMilou
replies: 2 views: 82
kslight 1 hour ago

I have a musical vision of creating a very texture-driven album, with heavy usage of FX to make the guitars sound much different...

brainpile
replies: 6 views: 107
brainpile 3 hours ago

This happens often! It fixes it self and then it happens again. I dont understand the issue... Here are some...

cheguevara93
replies: 10 views: 130
kingstonmike 3 hours ago

hey guys, i need some feedback/more ears! i got this track and sample original - Clyp it is muddy and needs more clarity...

Caine
replies: 8 views: 223
Caine 3 hours ago

I have a pair of Presonus Eris5 for the last 3 years. Today, while I was playing test sounds so I can solve some acoustic...

matheussiq8
replies: 0 views: 75
matheussiq8 4 hours ago

Forgive me if this is discussed already somewhere. I feel like I have exhausted my abilities to search on this great...

Willbchap
replies: 0 views: 73
Willbchap 5 hours ago

Hey, I'm looking to record my band and require a console mixer with either 7 xlr inputs or 4 xlr inputs and 3 1/4" jack...

jacobmh44
replies: 4 views: 150
Scragend 7 hours ago

Good morning. I’m new to the Active /Pro world.. I’m looking at buying a pair of PMC TwoTwo8 next week. Mainly for home...

CGM
replies: 1 views: 149
CGM 10 hours ago

My recording interface (Roland Rubix 22) does not have an XLR output. I want to reamp my guitars, but without an XLR-out, I...

scis
replies: 1 views: 113
BT64 11 hours ago

hey there, i'm using a akai mg614 mixer at the moment and i can't seem to find much information about it on the internet....

dodecaphonic
replies: 134 views: 3,066
dodecaphonic 12 hours ago

Hey guys, long time member, long time reader, rare if ever poster. But I've bought a house and built out my garage into a nice,...

Deadletteroffice
replies: 0 views: 106
Deadletteroffice 15 hours ago

hello everyone, i am wondering why my mixes sound good on speakers and distorted on phones. i want my mixes to sound good on...

gegen
replies: 33 views: 1,238
Stuart B 17 hours ago

Hi there, I record in Studio One. I am considering switching back to Logic because my mixing engineer uses it. I'm not sure...

heftylefty
replies: 9 views: 304
joeq 18 hours ago

Hey dear Fellows i really got a problem to let the analog rytm sound like a rich production... how are you treating your...

rsda1980
replies: 0 views: 114
rsda1980 18 hours ago

So, my one KRK Rokit 5 monitor is only outputting a little sound through the tweeter and nothing through the speaker. I've...

spexy
replies: 4 views: 159
spexy 19 hours ago

Voltage question: I’m probably entering the semi-modular/modular experimentation world soon. One of the items I plan to...

dysamoria
replies: 2 views: 301
M.Retra 19 hours ago

Hello everyone! I just picked up a used Midas Venice 320 for mixing purposes and now I realize that, go figure I have to connect...

Omen Audio
replies: 2 views: 180
Wayne 19 hours ago

Hi, I cannot find an answer to this either on the forum on Google. I've got lots of vocal clips on a track and the most...

Romdave
replies: 2 views: 157
Wayne 19 hours ago

Hello, I am a female choir teacher and would like to be able to sing into a microphone and instantly have my voice drop an...

Songbirds
replies: 4 views: 214
Noisewagon 21 hours ago

I recently recorded drums for the first time on my portastudio, and when I got the drummer to have a jam while I set the trim, I...

Silvan Shrigley
replies: 3 views: 568
RustyRafters 21 hours ago

Hey, I have done my research and watched some courses but I'd like to ask some questions about cutting low frequencies in...

musicfirexate
replies: 12 views: 271
Sigma 1 day ago

Dear Gearslutz, I have following in my new location: - Manley Reference C. microphone - Rupert Neve Preamp - Vocal booth...

antilife
replies: 2 views: 186
matt pinchin 1 day ago

I've had my songs (hip hop songs with a two track beat) semi professionally mixed by people before, but I recently started trying...

Vocalrecording
replies: 4 views: 199
matt pinchin 1 day ago

So Ive been thinking of making my next big purchase soon and having a hard time picking between getting a lunchbox and individual...

sweetheart
replies: 0 views: 151
sweetheart 1 day ago

Hi guys, New to the forum and hoping someone will be able to help as after having spent a day tearing my studio apart I'm on...

patrizioknight
replies: 2 views: 197
patrizioknight 1 day ago

So..the question is in title...

delayed_flight
replies: 8 views: 320
Brian M. Boykin 1 day ago

HI Folks, I recently bought a WA273-EQ for my home setup. I came across this...

cpsmusic
replies: 1 views: 157
BT64 1 day ago

Hello there! I'm getting new room for myself where I can practice, produce and also able to record some instruments. (I...

shimoyjk
replies: 0 views: 133
shimoyjk 1 day ago

I recently purchased a 96pt TT patchbay for my studio that has fully selectable modes for normalling and grounding. I fully...

wing
replies: 4 views: 253
wing 1 day ago

Hello everyone, I'm an amateur producer and I was wondering if anyone could help me understand what certain equipment I need...

Glyph The HB
replies: 2 views: 355
Gwareb667 1 day ago
replies: - views: -
Scragend 2 days ago

Hello there ;-), what do you think about this recording / phase alignment tutorial for double bass: YouTube Would you...

forwardaudio
replies: 11 views: 300
jammiedodger666 2 days ago

Hi I have a question about clippers in the mixing and mastering of a trap beat: I usually used to put only a t racks clipper on...

Edobajo
replies: 19 views: 493
SpicyPonyHead 2 days ago

Hello everyone... I happen to take measurements of my home studio with REW. Can anyone plz help me understand these graphs and...

macbethdj
replies: 23 views: 284
Prodba 2 days ago

Hi there, I am new here. I bought a Shure Sm81 microphone a while ago but only got around to using it recently. I am getting...

Davidalexbyrne
replies: 20 views: 437
MarkF48 2 days ago

Hi, I'm pretty new to audio engineering and would like to know how much do you correct timing (drums, guitar, etc.) in your...

JoKeR85
replies: 16 views: 436
Brent Hahn 2 days ago

I’ve a question about mixing. I’m not too keen on processing acoustic tracks as I record them; I prefer leaving the...

filmcomposer
replies: 4 views: 305
CJ Mastering 2 days ago

Keep in mind that I'm using all soft synths. I always hear the cliche line of "trust your ears." And some things...

rallycapmusic
replies: 24 views: 695
smoke 2 days ago

Why is that? It seems that the mix starts out pretty awesome in the first day of mixing, but the more time I spend fixing the...

goom
replies: 47 views: 1,478
JSchlomo 2 days ago

Hi all, new member here. I am a guitarist and I am currently putting together my first home recording setup. My aim is to record...

David7
replies: 2 views: 205
David7 2 days ago

How can I successfully convert a .DAT file on a CD-ROM to a WAV file?

newspapers
replies: 7 views: 245
rumleymusic 3 days ago

I'm trying to setup tracks for my Beatstep Pro sequencers in Logic Pro X but I can't prevent a situation in which the patterns I...

Katinka
replies: 7 views: 226
Muser 3 days ago

Hi there, I have been having a lot of problems with Plugins on Instrument Tracks for a number of weeks. Any help with this...

Davidalexbyrne
replies: 0 views: 146
Davidalexbyrne 3 days ago

Hey guys, I'm making an "Audio and Acoustics Fundamentals" course. Other day my teacher was talking about...

Magic Music Box
replies: 6 views: 299
Prodba 3 days ago

Still a nooby doo, I have a Dbx Mic Processor and a Dbx Tube Channel Strip (does digital out.) What are the benefits and...

astrolabesoul
replies: 2 views: 219
CJ Mastering 3 days ago

Hello everyone,thank you for reading this. I have a question which has plagued me for a long time and I am hoping to finally...

ShepRamsey
replies: 5 views: 313
CJ Mastering 3 days ago

does anyone know to make panned vocals (hard left,hard right) sound good in mono? ive been listening to professional mixes and...

Newbie956
replies: 9 views: 311
CJ Mastering 3 days ago

How does manny marroquin mix some of these rappers vocal so super dry in context with the mix when there is a lot of reverb going...

skitzothebeast
replies: 7 views: 1,955
simon.billington 3 days ago

Hi, when composing with a lead sound based on a preset from Omnisphere, I often run into trouble during mixdown because the...

Apebot
replies: 4 views: 382
dethbyoogabooga 3 days ago

How does a Stationary Wave sound like? Does anyone have a recording of it?

Magic Music Box
replies: 5 views: 259
avare 3 days ago

Moderators

Forum Tools
Search this Forum
Search this Forum :

Advanced Search