The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced

Sponsored By
Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

I started a thread the other day featuring a great video on EQing...

matt thomas
replies: 137 views: 72,545
AndyHowell 1 week ago

Hi ,and let me state first of all that i have no clue as to where the appropriate place for the following question on...

cnlgs
replies: 152 views: 130,633
mattiasnyc 8th September 2018

How to EQ

Does anyone know of any other great videos of how to eq? Here is a great lesson on how to EQ (or at least one of the ways to...

matt thomas
replies: 110 views: 61,417
mikeg.lazer 9th August 2018

Hey everyone, I'm really struggling to grasp the concept of dB and all its different aplications. I've read some "dB...

gmx750
replies: 41 views: 72,320
stardustmedia 23rd April 2015

To start a new thread simply click on the 'new thread' button (you need to register as a member to see this button and to make...

Jules
replies: 0 views: 35,035
Jules 17th January 2013

1) No being harsh / making fun of newbies :tut: and kip the sarcasm please! This is an area for basic questions that might have...

Jules
replies: 0 views: 35,905
Jules 1st February 2011

A lot of people here, tend to dislike overly tuned vocals saying it adds artifacts, and makes the vocal sound emotionless, or...

herzack
replies: 36 views: 597
GearFiddler 21 minutes ago

As we know, the Mid and Side information of a stereo file is achieved by sum and difference but the side information will always...

MUSICMUSIC
replies: 30 views: 555
MUSICMUSIC 2 hours ago

Good morning, I'm new here, I'm a student of sound in Spain and currently we have a new job to do in a forum in English, so I...

Monet23
replies: 7 views: 283
joeq 2 hours ago

Hello there ! I'm trying to connect a rode NT1 to a Xenyx Q802 USB mixer or to a Zoom H4nPro without results. - When I...

tiquicia69
replies: 5 views: 295
MarkF48 3 hours ago

Not sure if this fits here but I’m a novice looking for some advice on how to set up a one-room rehearsal-recording space....

detroitbasement
replies: 2 views: 166
detroitbasement 3 hours ago

So tomorrow I am recording a drum track with just a snare and floor tom. As those are the only two drums my drummer uses in the...

danielkov86
replies: 19 views: 346
jammiedodger666 3 hours ago

Hey guys. I have a question about mic preamps. I've been saving up for a c800g but my interface/mic preamp is a scarlett 18i8....

dannydawiz
replies: 2 views: 114
dannydawiz 4 hours ago

Just hooked this rig up. SM7B/CloudlifterZ/MVi/Laptop Terrible ground buzz. If I put my finger anywhere on the MVi the...

RockJock
replies: 7 views: 129
BT64 7 hours ago

Hello. I decided to make my own home studio and I want to ask you a question. I'am looking for some decent headphones ~100$....

Miclover
replies: 0 views: 90
Miclover 7 hours ago

I've recently started using Impulse Response software for guitar cabs and the result sounds a bit phasey. Here's a recorded...

Thehowlingsea
replies: 5 views: 238
Thehowlingsea 8 hours ago

Hi guys, I've been working crazy hours setting up my samples, User Library and the Ableton folder in general. As I sink hours...

OzWalt
replies: 1 views: 144
undvlpt 10 hours ago

Every time I try reamping guitar tracks, I'm never happy with the tone. It's hard to describe, but the tone sounds degraded. I've...

judedog
replies: 4 views: 199
tedtan 11 hours ago

When i'm sending midi notes to the ob6 i get a strtange behaviour of the ob6: Most of the time when i am starting or stopping the...

pachakuti
replies: 0 views: 100
pachakuti 12 hours ago

I think tittle is obvious,why piano is always clicky in my mixes at car?i mean when just piano is playing

KiuMars_TR
replies: 9 views: 663
xenosapien 15 hours ago

I’m trying to boost my sound and I only have enough for one piece right now. Would my sound benefit more by adding the 2-Bus LT...

robondrums
replies: 3 views: 155
BT64 15 hours ago

hello all, new joiner here, nice meeting you lot. I checked the forums (and the internet as a whole) with my limited skills and...

straniero
replies: 4 views: 211
straniero 18 hours ago

I’m the sound tech at my high school. We have a Allen and Heath GL24000. For our play I am playing music during the...

Jacob Fidd
replies: 13 views: 360
Wyllys 1 day ago

Good day all, I have a Slate Digital VMS system, and I am struggling to get rid of a static sound (noise). I am in South...

BigShexy
replies: 1 views: 363
sinergia01 1 day ago

Is it possible to bypass the preamps on my Zoom H6 ? I was wondering if I could use external preamps on the H6 for quieter...

marcberez
replies: 9 views: 13,140
AaronBrownSound 1 day ago

Bit basic, but how do i send audio from an iMac to a hardware compressor? Will i need an audio interface or line out...

JohnCameron2018
replies: 3 views: 382
JohnCameron2018 1 day ago

I have composed 10 pieces of modern relaxed piano pieces. I am just recording it in logic, using the default Yamaha Grand piano...

Ubhkeys
replies: 20 views: 448
mattiasnyc 1 day ago

Just looking for some advice on what key elements separate a commercial recording from a amateur recording. I have found that...

Scouser
replies: 69 views: 4,036
wrgkmc 1 day ago

Hello, I am in the process of establishing proper gain structure across my studio. As I configure my virtual instruments...

Ishkash
replies: 6 views: 210
Ishkash 1 day ago

Hey guys! I came across this song by Maroon 5 the other day and I thought that a certain part of it was a really good example...

Tbartsctr
replies: 6 views: 351
Tbartsctr 1 day ago

most of the 2 channel USB interfaces(2 mic inputs) have a guitar direct jack on the front or by switch using one of the mic...

678x
replies: 1 views: 267
Ninecows 1 day ago

Hi all! so, i have a band, and we want to start making a few decente recordings to show and promote. Doesn't have to be studio...

Resende
replies: 9 views: 260
Bushman 1 day ago

I want to buy a coles 4038 for mono oh glyn johns. I have a small room with a 10 foot ceiling. If I put 2 inch rockwool all...

Guacamoleisgreen
replies: 3 views: 255
jwh1192 1 day ago

Hi everyone, I have recorded a track with my synth on Ableton Live, but i've lost that sound on the synth so i cant' recover...

nabucodinosaur
replies: 5 views: 333
nabucodinosaur 1 day ago

New to hardware, so really unsure how this works, but I want to experiment lightly with hardware compression (I try to avoid my...

iaw1978
replies: 19 views: 333
BT64 1 day ago

Hi guys, posting this in newbie area because it's about as non-pro as you can get. We're integrating an iPhone XS Max into our...

audiosloot
replies: 0 views: 175
audiosloot 1 day ago

Hi all, Sorry for the beat topic, but i've be researching and demo'ing for weeks. I just need a little of your latest insight...

txbdan
replies: 8 views: 344
JoshuaLT90 1 day ago

I'm in the process of bouncing out stems to send to a mix engineer. How do I deal with bouncing sends/returns in Ableton Live 10...

orangepanels
replies: 0 views: 168
orangepanels 1 day ago

So while researching different threads, a question came up in my mind: Is the 'faster' connections like thunderbolt, etc. more...

synthdrifter
replies: 2 views: 221
synthdrifter 1 day ago

So I've been trying to get to the bottom of achieving more depth in my mixes. The first obvious strategy is multiple reverbs. So...

bdam123
replies: 38 views: 1,464
DrAudiospecific 2 days ago

I want to connect my SPL Compressor with my Metric Halo 2882 and calibrate them so I can switch back and forth and compare the...

dbot
replies: 6 views: 237
mattiasnyc 2 days ago

might anyone be able to recommend a book, pdf, ebook, etc for mixing? I've been producing for almost 2 years and have learned...

turtletree
replies: 30 views: 710
SF_Green 2 days ago

At 10:46 he mentions that his synths are panned hard left and right (and that they have center?).. to me it looks based on the...

turtletree
replies: 15 views: 400
mattiasnyc 2 days ago

I am in middle of rebuilding a D&R Triton Console, the power supply that the guy gave me to go with it has a hum to it and I...

lancebroyles
replies: 1 views: 417
PJ Newman 2 days ago

So I am talking only about low impedance mics. Given that the Audio interface input impedance is 7x -10x the mics output...

jonny999
replies: 6 views: 240
MediaGary 2 days ago

If money wasn't an issue, and I was running PT HD would my best choice for an interface be the 2 of the 16 channel PT HD audio...

IamNeedHelp
replies: 0 views: 202
IamNeedHelp 2 days ago

Hi. I'm trying to sample from a turntable I have that I have connected to a Zed 10fx on a channel ST1 by rca jacks. The turntable...

OzWalt
replies: 9 views: 237
ShadowsOfLife 2 days ago

I have studio drummer as a rack instrument in cubase for multiple outputs to single each component of the drums. My OH and Room...

ty45
replies: 3 views: 211
SF_Green 2 days ago

hi when i hit RECORD in arrangement view (NOT session view) Ive selected a blank midi clip and I should expect to see the...

stefjack1000
replies: 0 views: 179
stefjack1000 3 days ago

hi I'm new to Ableton, I have 2 issues: 1) in session view, I start a drum clip for example and its in the middle of...

stefjack1000
replies: 0 views: 173
stefjack1000 3 days ago

Hello! I am a huge fan of the acoustic pop genre of music. I love Jason Mraz, John Mayer and other similar artist. I write music...

Matthewrayrgv
replies: 2 views: 224
Matthewrayrgv 3 days ago

Hello everyone so there is two sounds I am currently trying to replicate and I was wondering if someone here can point me in the...

Fischeran
replies: 1 views: 228
explorer 3 days ago

In my room i have a dead spot where all bass disappears, my room is rectangle not to sure on measurements but i have tried moving...

Jasonxolly
replies: 7 views: 318
Diogo C 3 days ago

Hello! I’m moving from tape to computer and really like the sound I get from my 24 channel Tascam m2600 analog console. My...

Jjarvire
replies: 2 views: 297
CJ Mastering 3 days ago

Do you monitor from your daw or your mixer when tracking? I love monitoring the tracks while I’m recording from the mixer...

Earwormer
replies: 6 views: 226
Earwormer 3 days ago

I just bought a Behiringer 404 interface and a Radial ProRMP 1-channel Passive Re-Amping Device. I plan on recording upstairs...

uglijimus
replies: 5 views: 233
chrischoir 3 days ago

Moderators

Forum Tools
Search this Forum
Search this Forum :

Advanced Search