The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced

Sponsored By
Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

How to EQ

Does anyone know of any other great videos of how to eq? Here is a great lesson on how to EQ (or at least one of the ways to...

matt thomas
replies: 112 views: 63,705
Jwitb 2 weeks ago

I started a thread the other day featuring a great video on EQing...

matt thomas
replies: 139 views: 75,424
Davster 4 weeks ago

Hi ,and let me state first of all that i have no clue as to where the appropriate place for the following question on...

cnlgs
replies: 152 views: 134,598
mattiasnyc 8th September 2018

Hey everyone, I'm really struggling to grasp the concept of dB and all its different aplications. I've read some "dB...

gmx750
replies: 41 views: 74,561
stardustmedia 23rd April 2015

To start a new thread simply click on the 'new thread' button (you need to register as a member to see this button and to make...

Jules
replies: 0 views: 35,778
Jules 17th January 2013

1) No being harsh / making fun of newbies :tut: and kip the sarcasm please! This is an area for basic questions that might have...

Jules
replies: 0 views: 36,950
Jules 1st February 2011

For reference I'm looking for well known folk(ish) albums/songs that did not use reverb. Or even lesser known stuff as...

blotto
replies: 6 views: 214
Timothy Lawler 20 minutes ago

Hey I have a small private studio I have been building up this last year. I record hard rock music. Pretty much mono tracks only....

Vintage4life11
replies: 1 views: 75
Waaaaaark 32 minutes ago

Hi, So I ve been I eyeballing tascam uh 7000 interface. There is none for sale in Europe. If I buy from US and change the...

ak75
replies: 0 views: 12
ak75 38 minutes ago

I'm looking for the specific orchestra hit used in Carly Rae Jepsen's "I didn't just come here to dance". YouTube...

Renliano
replies: 3 views: 244
dethbyoogabooga 1 hour ago

The further I go down this music production rabbet hole the more it feels like I'm better off with a Mac with it's Thunderbolt...

dscuyamungue
replies: 30 views: 682
Lady Gaia 1 hour ago

I'm certainly not a newbie except to this forum, and to patchbays. I recently picked up a Presonus Quantum 4848 and am...

SRB601
replies: 15 views: 584
foxwaves 1 hour ago

Hello everyone! First post here. I’ve been looking for a lot of infos on GS lately and must say that I’m really impressed,...

Gotkovsky
replies: 3 views: 76
Mag J 1 hour ago

Hello Just I have a question I live in city center sometimes my neighbor play music loud or some family member in house making...

dynamite29
replies: 4 views: 266
Mag J 2 hours ago

I make youtube gaming videos and stream on twitch. I was thinking about uprgrading from my current AT2020usb to the Shure SM27....

MeatSheeld
replies: 2 views: 182
MeatSheeld 3 hours ago

Hey Guys! After the last couple months I've been teaching myself how to master. I have a couple questions: 1. Should I...

Tbartsctr
replies: 1 views: 217
joeq 4 hours ago

Hi guys, Apologies if this has been asked before. Can I use a splitter cable to route two drums from my Vermona DRM into...

Guy_Maintenance
replies: 2 views: 182
joeq 4 hours ago

Is this possible? Would love to jam with synths without the need of my pc.

Coenf99
replies: 6 views: 133
Coenf99 5 hours ago

Hello, I imagine some of you are also artists who use oil paints and various medium solvents. My project studio is now merging...

Zazou
replies: 0 views: 85
Zazou 5 hours ago
replies: - views: -
Paranoid_Android 6 hours ago

Hi, I have a passive palmer decamppo reamp box that i tried out for the first time today, sound is coming out of my amp etc no...

panicinbabylon
replies: 2 views: 109
panicinbabylon 6 hours ago
Xex 8 hours ago

There is a kick sound I hear on a lot of techno tracks, but after months of trying, I just can't seem to get the same type of...

minimal1210
replies: 10 views: 335
jammiedodger666 18 hours ago

I just bought a Roland S760 and I'm having trouble creating a pitched instrument from a synth note on it. I'm trying to do it by...

Thanus
replies: 1 views: 411
plunatunes 1 day ago

hi, first time poster, super newbie question, forgive me... can I use guitar pedals with a super basic old tascam 4 track?...

marrisgod
replies: 3 views: 236
jammiedodger666 1 day ago

So I own a Yamaha hph mt-5 which Is a decent studio headphone. One thing that is quit anoying is that the cable is 3 meters(9f)...

Coenf99
replies: 4 views: 266
Coenf99 1 day ago

Hi, I was about about to order the behringer umc404HD, but at the last moment I was still doubt whether this is the right...

Coenf99
replies: 4 views: 200
Coenf99 1 day ago

I recently moved to recording on a computer...Previously I was recording on a Tascam MSR 16 tape recorder and a Tascam M1600...

Rijo
replies: 8 views: 276
BT64 1 day ago

Hey guys! I was wondering if anyone knew a way to recreate these gloopy electronic sounds heard early on in this...

lucianboi
replies: 1 views: 202
wrgkmc 1 day ago

I'm trying to wrap my head around my Patchbay layout. I now have 32 channels soldered an ready. It's half-normalled, and...

Funky Animal
replies: 2 views: 205
Funky Animal 1 day ago

Hello fellow slutz! I have been in this business for about 14 years and I have finally been able to step up my game. I work in...

WireNightmare
replies: 3 views: 206
wrgkmc 1 day ago

Hat's off, Gearslutz!. A long-time lurker here. I very much appreciate the wide range of opinion and tirade that is to be found...

dynac0mp
replies: 11 views: 546
dynac0mp 1 day ago

Greetings, long time lurker here,,,, I've become involved in an effort to create and release an EP and possibly a full 'album'...

dscuyamungue
replies: 36 views: 1,295
MJB 1 day ago
Sk1nZ 1 day ago

Lately I've been getting quite a few requests from clients to play their phone demos to me during preproduction so that they can...

buckleylives
replies: 0 views: 183
buckleylives 1 day ago

Hey pros, Can global manual master eq in a home studio using small near fields really compensate/translate to a big PA system...

harduser
replies: 2 views: 248
dethbyoogabooga 1 day ago

I will be using multiple USB devices (MIDI keyboards, a dj controller, audio interface, external hard drive, etc. Unfortunately,...

mrallen
replies: 1 views: 202
dethbyoogabooga 1 day ago

I was going to buy the apollo twin duo, but decided to save cash by going with the Scarlett. However, on the apollo, I noticed...

StarSMASH1
replies: 6 views: 203
StarSMASH1 2 days ago

Hi guys from Italy. First of all sorry for my english. In my daw (ableton live) i have a tool called utility (attached image)...

betoschi
replies: 3 views: 238
rumleymusic 2 days ago

Simply put, my question is, which is better: a sensitive mic with the pre-amp all the way down or a less sensitive mic with the...

Fredx2098
replies: 3 views: 226
rumleymusic 2 days ago

If i track using the mothership B80, and after the mixing process i print the final mix with B2 Bomber ADC, and then, i master...

Eduy
replies: 0 views: 192
Eduy 2 days ago
guavadude 2 days ago
mattiasnyc 2 days ago
Coenf99 2 days ago

I'm wondering how to properly gain stage my external Pre 73 JR with my Cloudlifter into my Saffire Pro 24 DSP, Mix Control...

ahutch4
replies: 1 views: 231
BT64 2 days ago

I have several questions. If Im slaving an interface to an 8 channel preamp through adat can I also simultaneously use the...

Dlane
replies: 6 views: 281
MediaGary 2 days ago

Heya guys, dumb question here. I was wondering what the difference is between boosting a quiet mic signal with a preamp and just...

TheSinbound
replies: 11 views: 547
BT64 2 days ago

Hey there, I'm beginning my journey in this whole world and I have this newbie question: I currently use Reaktor 5 on...

DvirKup
replies: 4 views: 243
BT64 2 days ago

I'm not familiar with mixers, and I'm toying with the idea of getting the Behringer q802usb. Do you know whether it would...

luckyluca
replies: 3 views: 247
BT64 2 days ago

Can we rename this sub section Newbie audio engineering + production question zone... and questions you should know the answers...

Tobias Enstrom
replies: 2 views: 264
Wayne 2 days ago

Hi guys Sorry about this question. I recently bought the SM7B/ GAP PRE 73 combo. And I normally use Logic Pro X to record stuff....

thearchwaykid
replies: 2 views: 637
Jmw21 3 days ago

Hi folks, Sometimes when producing with a monophonic synth, whether hardware or not, I notice this low-end pitterpatter sound...

Romdave
replies: 1 views: 221
OHM GHOST 3 days ago

Does anyone who applies parallel compression to vocals send that parallel compressed vocal to some reverb and delay? Or do you...

skitzothebeast
replies: 6 views: 331
bwb011 3 days ago

Every brand has sound / quality descriptions associated with it. I would like to get others thoughts. To keep this on the...

elegentdrum
replies: 0 views: 238
elegentdrum 3 days ago

I'm looking for some decent studio monitors, Yamaha HS 7 seems to be the most popular option... Best Studio Monitors - Under...

gort1111
replies: 1 views: 252
Poinzy 3 days ago

Hi! I'm thinking of a hybrid set up for tracking and mixing/mastering through outboard gear but unsure about monitoring...

JBberg
replies: 1 views: 269
JBberg 3 days ago

Moderators

Forum Tools
Search this Forum
Search this Forum :

Advanced Search