The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Forum  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending

Sponsored ByThreeBodyTech
Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

I started a thread the other day featuring a great video on EQing...

matt thomas
replies: 149 views: 84,509
Jeff Hayat 2 days ago

How to EQ

Does anyone know of any other great videos of how to eq? Here is a great lesson on how to EQ (or at least one of the ways to...

matt thomas
replies: 125 views: 72,058
elegentdrum 3 weeks ago

Hi ,and let me state first of all that i have no clue as to where the appropriate place for the following question on...

cnlgs
replies: 168 views: 147,525
nosebleedaudio 9th April 2019

Hey everyone, I'm really struggling to grasp the concept of dB and all its different aplications. I've read some "dB...

gmx750
replies: 41 views: 81,645
stardustmedia 23rd April 2015

To start a new thread simply click on the 'new thread' button (you need to register as a member to see this button and to make...

Jules
replies: 0 views: 38,192
Jules 17th January 2013

1) No being harsh / making fun of newbies :tut: and kip the sarcasm please! This is an area for basic questions that might have...

Jules
replies: 0 views: 40,257
Jules 1st February 2011

Hola! My guitar sound is coming into Pro Tools incredibly weak, low and needs so much work in Pro Tools to compensate when I'm...

Nelifedo
replies: 1 views: 2
BT64 11 minutes ago

Hey I am doing a mix where a client likes the digital artifacty dirty distortion of an L1 plugin, with too much limiting going...

phillus
replies: 8 views: 701
joeq 29 minutes ago

Hope this is the right thread. I have a song I have been working on for a while, with a version on spotify already, but I wanted...

Garage Rodeo
replies: 0 views: 1
Garage Rodeo 38 minutes ago

Hi, I just recently bought an ID14 and have spent well over 10 hours trying to get the bloody thing to work. I've already looked...

Kekidesu
replies: 11 views: 628
Quetz 1 hour ago

Hi everyone -- I want to record a small vocal group in M/S stereo format. I plan to use a "Y" cable to split the...

MichaelK
replies: 16 views: 739
deedeeyeah 2 hours ago

Hey all. Recently started coming here and I gotta say this forum is full of very smart people. The internet is awesome. What was...

musicisfun
replies: 24 views: 805
musicisfun 2 hours ago

For those who may be interested in comparing a sample to Tape, does it sound dull? Not great drum technique.. Modified...

nosebleedaudio
replies: 0 views: 72
nosebleedaudio 2 hours ago

Basic question, do I need to invest in a good de-essing plugins for recording hypnotic script dialogue? I already have the...

Cruello
replies: 4 views: 611
BT64 5 hours ago

Hello... If I'm going to use only vst's synths and effects with 48 hz and 24 bit quality, does the quality of the audio interface...

Murmur
replies: 1 views: 162
BT64 9 hours ago

I hear this a lot in 80's songs, what exactly is this sound? Starts at 01:00 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=432KXxfsVgI

newspapers
replies: 7 views: 673
thedberg 10 hours ago

For the longest time, I have been mixing electronic and sampled drums. Recently I hired a real drummer to lay down some tracks...

mixing_man_200
replies: 4 views: 481
terrible.dee 10 hours ago

Hello guys I'm getting a really annoying white noise/hiss in the background of my recordings. I can hear this noise while...

danportillog
replies: 5 views: 437
Bushman 17 hours ago

Long story short, I'm not trained at all and don't plan to be, but I love making music and learning about production. I know my...

cheguevara93
replies: 14 views: 805
mbvoxx 19 hours ago

Hi people. It's clear to everyone that ZZ Top's Eliminator and Afterburner was produced entirely with a drum machine, but I...

raphaelmsx
replies: 1 views: 662
BT64 23 hours ago

Hi, How can I make a warm guitar like here. I think the “warm” come from hardware effect like reverb and compressor. Can...

aviorrok
replies: 13 views: 607
joeq 1 day ago

So I'm fairly happy with the results I can get recording my acoustic guitar and vocals separately, but I've been thinking about...

aegisninja
replies: 2 views: 396
Brent Hahn 1 day ago

I've been bedroom recording and mixing for about a year now. I've made a lot of improvement I guess but I'm still at a loss why...

D3M0T1VAT3D
replies: 33 views: 856
over-man 1 day ago

Hi all, First post. I'm about to set up a little (very little) home studio to have a bash at creating / recording music. I'm...

MattWeth
replies: 5 views: 429
DCtoDaylight 1 day ago

This is probably a really stupid question, but I’m going to ask it anyway. So I was watching tutorials on mixing and I notice...

magik87
replies: 14 views: 881
simon.billington 1 day ago

so i have a Akg c314 and am using a 710 twin finity pre into apollo twin and Ableton on a 2015 MacBook pro, i'm not getting the...

Artcutech
replies: 5 views: 1,018
themiracle 1 day ago

Hello everyone. I've been listening to a lot of thee oh sees and when they play live John Dwyer deepthroats the sm57 or beta...

ReeceCarter2509
replies: 10 views: 573
BT64 1 day ago

Hi, I‘ve bought a Kontakt license from a private person. I used his Transfer ID, got Kontakt working and now I see that I‘ve...

Horizon7777
replies: 1 views: 387
Owen L T 1 day ago

Hello! Currently i'm using Steinberg UR28M for year and a half and totally satisfied with this soundcard. Build quality is...

Eugenekarnak
replies: 6 views: 450
Eugenekarnak 1 day ago

Hi there! I'm currently recording a podcast using a Shure SM57 through a Behringer UMC22 interface. The issue I have is...

Tomdan
replies: 5 views: 676
sirjuxtable 1 day ago

Hey, I was watching the behind the scenes of "I Like Me Better" and found out that the "drop" melody is...

lukeforester1
replies: 0 views: 450
lukeforester1 1 day ago

Unbeknownst to me (mostly because I didn't even know to look for it), the 202HD (https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00QHURUBE/)...

Haxasaurus
replies: 3 views: 482
Haxasaurus 1 day ago

Hey guys! I need some noobie help... Is there any way to calculate if a audio interface can drive a high impedance...

Anthesi
replies: 3 views: 506
CJ Mastering 2 days ago

Hi Slutz I'm currently trying to make my basic drum recordings sounding a bit more punchy with Slate Digital's Trigger 2...

Deleted 76d1bd4
replies: 8 views: 757
phillus 2 days ago

As I'm building my studio (finished up pretty much) I've been reading extensively on the whole mixing thing, watching tons...

Nuieve
replies: 143 views: 7,166
theblue1 2 days ago

Hey Guys, can anyone tell me the formula how to calculate the best distance between a bassdrum and a condenser mic to record...

RayGrauberger
replies: 5 views: 419
deedeeyeah 2 days ago

Hey guys, new to posting, but have been lurking here for a while. I've been recording with a Focusrite 2i4 for the past two years...

tomcrook
replies: 3 views: 650
RyanM 2 days ago

Hi, I have a external preamp (wa273) and UR242 interface I connected a XLR cable from UR242 input 1 to line output 1 on WA273 and...

aviorrok
replies: 2 views: 674
CJ Mastering 2 days ago

This guitar tone is ridiculously awesome: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XaiE42wl5rs I have heard rumors that he got this...

foul_owl
replies: 12 views: 560
Gideon K 2 days ago

Anton has always had a non professional approach to recording, and I love this kick sound even though I think it sounds...

SometimesAlways
replies: 2 views: 484
pquinn 2 days ago

Hi, I'm wondering how I can set up the SSL SiX to be able to easily process electronic recordings from Ableton Live directly...

J3WWWX
replies: 4 views: 430
DirkP 2 days ago

I am looking for some advice as to how to capture a rock drum sound with just five microphones. Here is what I have to work...

trmckenz
replies: 18 views: 516
jammiedodger666 3 days ago

Hi all, I only just got back into music and re-installed pro tools. I was wondering if there was somewhere I could...

dbh22
replies: 4 views: 783
Will Blackburn 3 days ago

In the mixer there is already a standard reverb channel but I want to use my own reverb because I want to put it in a room with...

camomiletea
replies: 22 views: 765
Owen L T 3 days ago

Hello there! I just finished build my studio, made it for producing music and practice, and sometimes rehearsals.. and I...

shimoyjk
replies: 22 views: 770
shimoyjk 3 days ago

I'm talking in particular about a few seconds of recording that completely blew me away: this. The tone is just crushing. I know...

Darth_Sushi
replies: 0 views: 347
Darth_Sushi 3 days ago

Hi guys !! This is my first post because I've reading similar posts but I still don't fully understand. I have a piar of...

dava92
replies: 5 views: 423
dava92 3 days ago

Hello there. This is my first foray into somewhat higher end studio equipment. I'm considering picking up some Sennheiser HD...

Colesy
replies: 3 views: 496
Colesy 4 days ago

Is there a way to know know at what volume does the room bass start to affect what you're getting from the monitors? I only...

goom
replies: 7 views: 518
Prodba 4 days ago

Hello... I have a home theater that was built a few years ago upstairs that was acoustically treated as a wonderfully dead...

Ecnarps
replies: 3 views: 522
Ecnarps 4 days ago

Hi Guys, In my studio, I have an entry level audiophile system, where I listen to music in my free time. I had this crazy...

snaper
replies: 3 views: 409
ventil 4 days ago

Hey guys I've tried a couple of combinations but can't find the 4 chords in the...

newspapers
replies: 1 views: 599
12tone 4 days ago

Hi guys, I have been advised a lot about this site, so that's why I'm here to ask my question. I want to know, especially on rap...

Alek.sy
replies: 4 views: 423
Alek.sy 4 days ago
replies: - views: -
heavystylus 5 days ago

Ok so first post here. I’ve creeped for a long time and learned lots. Over the last couple of years I’ve gotten into...

Snoochie
replies: 5 views: 490
Wayne 5 days ago

Is it possible to bypass the preamps on my Zoom H6 ? I was wondering if I could use external preamps on the H6 for quieter...

marcberez
replies: 10 views: 14,386
yellowbird1 5 days ago

Moderators

Forum Tools
Search this Forum
Search this Forum :

Advanced Search