The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

How to EQ

Does anyone know of any other great videos of how to eq? Here is a great lesson on how to EQ (or at least one of the ways to...

matt thomas
replies: 146 views: 95,115
aljoy13 13 hours ago

Hi ,and let me state first of all that i have no clue as to where the appropriate place for the following question on...

cnlgs
replies: 176 views: 180,961
Matt Syson 4 weeks ago

I started a thread the other day featuring a great video on EQing...

matt thomas
replies: 152 views: 112,288
puremix.net 10th January 2020

Hey everyone, I'm really struggling to grasp the concept of dB and all its different aplications. I've read some "dB...

gmx750
replies: 41 views: 96,553
stardustmedia 23rd April 2015

To start a new thread simply click on the 'new thread' button (you need to register as a member to see this button and to make...

Jules
replies: 0 views: 42,527
Jules 17th January 2013

1) No being harsh / making fun of newbies :tut: and kip the sarcasm please! This is an area for basic questions that might have...

Jules
replies: 0 views: 47,168
Jules 1st February 2011

I'm looking to purchase first pre amp, but im stuck at a fork in the road, with two questions. I have my eyes on the UA 6176,...

DontaBlack
replies: 6 views: 80
DontaBlack 20 minutes ago

Check out 8minutes on. Thoughts? Pros/cons in your...

melodic dreamer
replies: 0 views: 7
melodic dreamer 1 hour ago

Hey folks, I'm recording songs into ableton live 10 through a Steinberg UR22. I'm using a synth and layering sounds. Whenever...

jollyal
replies: 1 views: 75
joeq 1 hour ago

I have a bit of a strange problem. Whenever I delete an audio region in Logic, Logic freezes and I have to force quit. This...

Naoki971
replies: 0 views: 69
Naoki971 4 hours ago

Is there any difference between Send/Aux & return channels?

MSF
replies: 6 views: 166
MSF 5 hours ago

Hey, first post! And holy cow- it took me an hour to figure out which place to put this, and I'M SURE it's wrong. Anyone else...

Srgt. Sunflower
replies: 3 views: 135
Cabirio 8 hours ago

Hey there folks! So i recently got some old beautiful wharfedale laser130 speakers but i need an amp to match them. İ really...

Captn.Cooper
replies: 5 views: 105
Cabirio 8 hours ago

Please what's the difference between the 24 bit/96khz and the 24 bit/192khz sound resolutions. And how does it affect my...

Avian
replies: 216 views: 65,991
shadrin 10 hours ago

Hi everyone, I am hoping that someone may be able to guide me in the right direction with a problem I've been struggling with....

mervemarathon
replies: 2 views: 126
CJ Mastering 13 hours ago

Hey everyone, So when I try to monitor my vocals while recording in Reason, I'm getting a doubling effect in my headphones....

Novacane215
replies: 1 views: 129
CJ Mastering 16 hours ago

Hi all, Could I ask for some advice please:- I have a small cellar studio room with a low ceiling - L=412cm W= 375cm...

deavall
replies: 1 views: 131
Flex1 17 hours ago

Hello sluttyz If I purchase an arturia essential key lab or the keylab mk2 is their a way I can use it without a pc for when...

simply intricate
replies: 2 views: 202
CJ Mastering 18 hours ago

Hi, newbie here.. I thought of buying a new set of monitor and I am torn between Jbl lsr series (305/308) and yamaha hs series...

gegen
replies: 61 views: 3,246
gegen 19 hours ago

Hi there, I'm looking for help to reduce what I think is EMI.... I'm recording violin / viola in my office with an inexpensive...

ballardio
replies: 2 views: 121
ballardio 19 hours ago

3/2 or 3/4 time signature which one sounds faster & why

MSF
replies: 6 views: 272
MSF 21 hours ago

This has been on my mind for all these years, so I thought I'd finally ask people wiser than me about it. I know what sounds...

jm2c
replies: 19 views: 468
thedberg 22 hours ago

Hello there! I have few questions for you guys and gals :) Currently I'm running pro tools with 2 apollo rack unit(x8p + 8...

shimoyjk
replies: 0 views: 78
shimoyjk 23 hours ago

Hey folks - hope you can help...I'd like to use my xp-60 as a controller for the sounds inside Cubase - actually, simply just a...

mattdaddy1970
replies: 5 views: 527
bino_5150 1 day ago

I have 6 tracks in my group drum bus 1) Kick 2) Snr 3) OH 4) Amb 5) Amb mono 6) compression Is it better to EQ the bass drum on...

camomiletea
replies: 15 views: 333
Wayne 1 day ago

HELLO ALL YOU CRAZY MUSIC-PEOPLE...:lol::laughing Out Load::laughing Out Load: I´v have just bought an KORG M1 and I have...

jarleiceman
replies: 9 views: 2,002
jopieee 1 day ago

Good day all, I was hoping y'all could help me out. My daughter has a beautiful voice and can play the piano beautifully...

JVocals
replies: 6 views: 254
Noisewagon 1 day ago

Hi all, This is my first post, so please bear with me if I don’t give enough information or am unclear in my question...

Callambx
replies: 5 views: 194
CJ Mastering 1 day ago

Hey Guys, I noticed in a lot of my mixes that when my kick reached the master limiter it would end up hitting it really hard...

jakekarno
replies: 2 views: 110
CJ Mastering 1 day ago

Hi Guys, I'm very new here and you seem like a great and knowledgeable community so any help would be greatly appreciated...

Mlaforte
replies: 1 views: 133
CJ Mastering 1 day ago

I've been trying to figure out from what stems the vocal "artifact" you can hear in this song at the timestamp...

Samul
replies: 4 views: 347
Samul 1 day ago

This is almost certainly a room issue, but here's what I'm experiencing: I'm finishing up a project that has a LOT of...

AleSatan
replies: 4 views: 160
AleSatan 1 day ago

Since I didn’t have much to do and I was tired mixing multitrack off the net I decided to go on and mix and old project I did...

cllhcs
replies: 2 views: 188
hello people 1 day ago

I have moved into a new apartment. I have been given a space to work and I have no clue where to put my desk. 20' - Longer...

Imaramaki
replies: 3 views: 163
CJ Mastering 1 day ago

Hello all, I'm an independent composer in the UK and I've got myself into a bit of a farce in terms of buying new gear for my...

AATB
replies: 0 views: 95
AATB 1 day ago

Hello, I have an Audient ID14 (2 analog inputs, and 1 ADAT digital IN only) and as the number of outputs is not enough anymore I...

spnc
replies: 5 views: 426
Zasterz 1 day ago

Evening all. First post and one that has me stumped. I have a set-up whereby I’m trying to record a signal being processed...

Ezilybored
replies: 7 views: 238
Ezilybored 1 day ago

Hello I am expecting a single Yamaha HS8 monitor that will arrive soon. My goal is to mix with the single monitor but I am...

MarathonMan
replies: 3 views: 231
Nickpu 2 days ago

hello, it would be very appriciated if you give me answer or any tip. I have vr36 with flying fader 2.0 i'm second hand...

5johani
replies: 0 views: 112
5johani 2 days ago

So iv been reading tons on monitors and realize there is no consensus on whats the best. Each monitor out there has a team...

Nickpu
replies: 0 views: 154
Nickpu 2 days ago

Oh Dear!

Hi There :) So I'm a complete newbie to music and thought I'd learn the keyboard so I got one that I thought would last me...

rednewt
replies: 32 views: 704
MrKahuna 2 days ago

Hi All! I'm looking to start a channel that goes into art and I want to go for a warm but clear listening experience for...

Whimsicalbird
replies: 13 views: 638
David Rick 2 days ago

Ive seen this.. if I put this from midi out (manual says midi in) to pc do you think this will...

rednewt
replies: 0 views: 105
rednewt 2 days ago

Hello everyone, I hope I'm posting in the right place. I'm a newbie learning how to use hardware for the first time with Logic....

WarPig
replies: 1 views: 143
WarPig 2 days ago

Hello all, So I have a new Midas 32 live to work with, since we can't be hanging together or traveling my friends have been...

CM1productions
replies: 1 views: 203
MediaGary 2 days ago

I have the Focusrite Scarlett Solo 3rd generation and I have installed and uninstalled Focusrite Control - 3.5.0.1754 at least 6...

RayRaySr
replies: 6 views: 294
JackFocusrite 2 days ago
replies: - views: -
annabelluketic 3 days ago

Hi all. Let me start by saying that I'm a complete noob. Father and over-40, but green in audio recording. A few months ago I...

themuffinmaker
replies: 7 views: 315
joeq 3 days ago

I was just sitting here relaxing and Float On by Modest Mouse came on my iTunes At 2:29-2:39 there is a sound (like a...

EpicEsquire
replies: 2 views: 209
EpicEsquire 3 days ago

Hello Everybody! İm pretty new to audio engineering and currently on the look for a new Audio İnterface that will last me...

Captn.Cooper
replies: 3 views: 164
CJ Mastering 3 days ago

SoI have been looking into headphones to avoid bleed when recording vocals. Now, it seems impossible to find headphones that wont...

Nickpu
replies: 2 views: 194
Dr. Mordo 3 days ago

So I've been away from audio for quite a while. Also started using Adobe Audition which I haven't used much before, and it was...

petsematary
replies: 3 views: 216
CJ Mastering 3 days ago

Hi to all, Does it make any sense to use (discretely) a saturation plugin like Saturn in a classical music recording? If so, how...

Herman Heil
replies: 4 views: 240
CJ Mastering 3 days ago

I believe that gainstaging, panning, eq, and compression are the most important things to getting a great mix (in that order)....

avidlistener
replies: 15 views: 893
Dr. Mordo 3 days ago

For those that have had the experience, give your thoughts on what the tape sound is....I'm curious as I've never worked with...

johnd5412
replies: 27 views: 1,165
BIG BUDDHA 3 days ago

Hello, audio community, These days, I've been seeking through the web, in order to find out : A Neve 82 32 - Manual in...

BenitoElMexicano
replies: 3 views: 725
BIG BUDDHA 3 days ago

Moderators

Forum Tools
Search this Forum
Search this Forum :

Advanced Search