The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced

Newbie audio engineering + production question zone

Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

How to EQ

Does anyone know of any other great videos of how to eq? Here is a great lesson on how to EQ (or at least one of the ways to...

matt thomas
replies: 108 views: 54,741
RobDrmz 1 week ago

I started a thread the other day featuring a great video on EQing...

matt thomas
replies: 130 views: 64,487
bainmack 9th March 2018

Hi ,and let me state first of all that i have no clue as to where the appropriate place for the following question on...

cnlgs
replies: 148 views: 119,756
mattiasnyc 27th January 2018

Hey everyone, I'm really struggling to grasp the concept of dB and all its different aplications. I've read some "dB...

gmx750
replies: 41 views: 66,158
stardustmedia 23rd April 2015

To start a new thread simply click on the 'new thread' button (you need to register as a member to see this button and to make...

Jules
replies: 0 views: 32,687
Jules 17th January 2013

1) No being harsh / making fun of newbies :tut: and kip the sarcasm please! This is an area for basic questions that might have...

Jules
replies: 0 views: 33,013
Jules 1st February 2011

Hey there, I have an akai mini mpkII keyboard with usb connection. Now i want to get an audio interface but can’t find ones...

Orkovas
replies: 0 views: 1
Orkovas 33 minutes ago

I come from a classical composition background, and as such, I lean towards crafting dense arrangements for my songs. The...

Prockamaniac
replies: 33 views: 604
GeneHall 34 minutes ago

Some background: I already went through one of these 18i8 units which began to make a FRYING-type sound on playback from...

BoomWomb
replies: 0 views: 1
BoomWomb 37 minutes ago

Hello I have just purchased a SHURE SM7B and I am wanting a audio interface below £200 preferably one that doesn't require a...

Surreals
replies: 18 views: 232
Surreals 2 hours ago

Hi everybody, I have recently bought the Audient Id4 as well as the Edifier r1280t nearfield monitors. My question is...

JamesKamron
replies: 1 views: 74
pentagon 2 hours ago

Objective: Record two types of LIVE arrangements: 1. Singer/songwriter acoustic guitar and vox; 2. Singer/songwriter with...

Sherman90
replies: 5 views: 340
CJ Mastering 3 hours ago

Hi I currently have Reaper 4 installed on MacBook pro 2 x yamaha hs8 studio monitors Novation Ultranova synth I'm...

soulfultip
replies: 3 views: 155
CJ Mastering 4 hours ago

Hey guys, just hoping you could help me with a configuration/setup question. I've had this 2x10 Fender Vaporizer amp the past...

menagerie
replies: 0 views: 58
menagerie 4 hours ago

Greetings, being limited in my current set up which consists mainly of Tascam UH7000 with an older Yamaha 01V mixer used for...

vynilr
replies: 0 views: 62
vynilr 6 hours ago

Hi, I want to get a acoustic guitar sound that is "damped and compressed" like in some song. I have an example, but...

kite
replies: 1 views: 157
Wayne 6 hours ago

I’ve been producing for a number of years now in the box and have a solid foundation as far as engineering goes. Have used GS...

JasonBay
replies: 3 views: 107
CJ Mastering 6 hours ago

Hi it is a bit newbie question but, will buying a better interface mean that i can use more plugins in the DAW without the...

endiendi
replies: 2 views: 182
Owen L T 8 hours ago

I have a powered mixer (500 watt rms) I am using for Monitors and a 736 watt RMS two channel power Amp I am using for subs and...

kenletson
replies: 7 views: 384
CJ Mastering 10 hours ago

Hi, I recently did the first recording with my Electribe into Ableton which obviously has a bit of latency in the start which...

pastuermer
replies: 1 views: 146
CJ Mastering 13 hours ago

Hello, I've just got a Steinberg UR22 interface but after reading some info on how impedance affects things i'm not so sure...

goguvarra
replies: 8 views: 15,106
jimmysynth 13 hours ago

I've been seeing quite a number of videos on youtube lately where quite reputable/ successful people poo hoo the idea of room...

hello people
replies: 35 views: 3,268
Owen L T 13 hours ago

Hi I have an MFB 522 which i control via midi clock ie. I use the onboard mfb sequencer rather than sequence it in logic but...

WebbNZ
replies: 3 views: 340
BIG BUDDHA 14 hours ago

Hi all, Over the years it has been a slight frustration for me that a lot of sound engineers are either effect-shy (e.g. they...

Daniel_H
replies: 10 views: 383
FreshProduce 22 hours ago

Hello, is gain staging important while recording as long as you don't clip your interface? Does it make any difference to keep...

TNC
replies: 4 views: 298
Bitsmith 1 day ago

Hi, my name is Kenn and I'm an aspiring engineer. I'm reaching out today about the unique relationship between the Apogee...

whitehareclub
replies: 2 views: 318
Lumbergh 1 day ago

I have the chance to pick up a Crane Song Hedd 192 for quite cheap, however I am doubting whether this would be something for me....

neoking
replies: 1 views: 322
CJ Mastering 1 day ago

After I have installed high sierra suddenly I have a very loud noise floor, or some kind of noise. I don´t know if it was a...

lejonkungen
replies: 1 views: 290
CJ Mastering 1 day ago

I want to get the best quality vocal recordings to send off to professional engineers. Seems like everyone has trouble mixing my...

Trill92
replies: 8 views: 467
CJ Mastering 1 day ago

So I'm recording a bunch of guitar tracks for live shows, and I'm finding that the guitars tend to sound fairly ok in terms of...

Naoki971
replies: 3 views: 285
CJ Mastering 1 day ago

Hello, I am having a very weird noise when recording. I exported two mp3 versions of a section of something I purposely...

JuanJo778
replies: 5 views: 372
CJ Mastering 1 day ago

I am working with a Lexicon Reflex (reverb) that I run to out of the aux send on the console to mono in on the Reflex. I return...

tjonau
replies: 1 views: 289
CJ Mastering 1 day ago

Obviously, a great deal of this is user-dependent but what are some common design considerations when building a modern flexible...

CEB
replies: 1 views: 316
CJ Mastering 1 day ago

Ok, I have a bricasti m7 that I want to use on my recorded audio track on Logic X. I'm using RME 802 interface with Totalmix....

Cellotalent
replies: 0 views: 230
Cellotalent 1 day ago

Hi GS I've just got a hold of a volca bass, which I am running in via a Focusrite Saffire Pro 40. Originally I bought a mono...

Nealeh
replies: 4 views: 567
MidiFrq 2 days ago

what is the best website for i understand about analog? thank you for your answer

Jacateb
replies: 1 views: 357
Bender412 2 days ago

Hello, Help needed please, This is a noob thread, so apologies if this type of issue has been covered, let's say, more than...

Hando
replies: 1 views: 311
Hando 2 days ago

Hello! I am a Linux user, completely new to audio production and Windows. I have also started playing the saxophone again, a...

anarchosax
replies: 11 views: 379
anarchosax 2 days ago

Which headphones are the best for both recording vocals and mixing music (mostly rap and electronic music) under 100$? I made...

michal12345
replies: 38 views: 1,182
cavern 2 days ago

This is probably a really ignorant question, but here goes. We host a two person podcast. We will be having phone/Skype...

docdaddy
replies: 7 views: 370
docdaddy 3 days ago

Hi there, As we know that analog type VST plugins (especially Waves audio ext) has sweet spot -18dbfs. So If sound/channel's...

MatchesMalone_
replies: 16 views: 621
MatchesMalone_ 3 days ago

Hi guys, I have to record some acoustic guitar and some vocals (16 bits) with a condenser microphone on a small mixer and I am...

Plasticine
replies: 38 views: 2,315
MatchesMalone_ 3 days ago

I've had the SX-1 since 2005, but for various reasons stopped using it until recently. For the life of me I can't remember how...

Wolfsong
replies: 11 views: 5,130
dlmorley 3 days ago

First time post! I am trying to record a piano track for a song but gear and money is limited. This is what I have: M-track...

Obobokhan
replies: 1 views: 318
Bushman 3 days ago

I'm having all kinds of issues with noise in my apartment. I flat-out can't use the single coil pickup through my amp or record...

snowforts
replies: 9 views: 429
aste 4 days ago

Hello, I am having a CD-R playback problem. Burned CD's from my computer are playing back around 6 dB quieter on my car CD...

charwh
replies: 11 views: 397
whiteaxxxe 4 days ago

Hey, For the last several months I have been recording through a presonus interface which I bypass the preamps on and run into...

hiphop24360
replies: 11 views: 336
wrgkmc 4 days ago

so when i listen to my synth with headphones plugged directly into it the sound is very clear. when i feed my synth into the...

Acidizer
replies: 3 views: 293
tedtan 4 days ago

Wasn't sure where to post this.. I've traced an issue I'm having with my Focal Solo6 to two chips on the board, but there could...

Lostinthamusic
replies: 3 views: 333
jseelye02 4 days ago

Hi, The day has finally come where I've step by step upgraded everything I've desired at the time. I'm a...

krisrandom
replies: 0 views: 293
krisrandom 4 days ago

Hi. Can someone help me out please? I'm going to be purchasing the slate digital and ssl subscriptions. The pay one time for...

Richarddthompson
replies: 0 views: 273
Richarddthompson 4 days ago

Hi there I cant see anuone else having this problem here. But im creating a LOT of sounds and little pieces of music for a game...

birdclaw
replies: 2 views: 301
birdclaw 4 days ago

Hello to all you gear and music headz out there! My name is Andrew I live in the US( Associate Degree in Sound Engineering)...

andrewoc07
replies: 10 views: 586
Bushman 5 days ago

Hi! I was given a multitrack recording by my mixing teacher and my question was: do the tracks recorded in stereo (for example an...

SantiV98
replies: 4 views: 350
deedeeyeah 5 days ago

Hi all this is my first post as I am new to this forum So I'm obsessed with Mass Effect and I spend a lot of my time trying to...

DoYouKnowsDeWay
replies: 0 views: 308
DoYouKnowsDeWay 5 days ago

Hi, This problem is driving me nuts, as I cant see how I have set this up incorrect. I already made a topic earlier this year...

neoking
replies: 8 views: 471
neoking 5 days ago

Moderators

Forum Tools
Search this Forum
Search this Forum :

Advanced Search