The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced

Sponsored By
Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

I started a thread the other day featuring a great video on EQing...

matt thomas
replies: 137 views: 72,752
AndyHowell 2 weeks ago

Hi ,and let me state first of all that i have no clue as to where the appropriate place for the following question on...

cnlgs
replies: 152 views: 130,901
mattiasnyc 8th September 2018

How to EQ

Does anyone know of any other great videos of how to eq? Here is a great lesson on how to EQ (or at least one of the ways to...

matt thomas
replies: 110 views: 61,577
mikeg.lazer 9th August 2018

Hey everyone, I'm really struggling to grasp the concept of dB and all its different aplications. I've read some "dB...

gmx750
replies: 41 views: 72,462
stardustmedia 23rd April 2015

To start a new thread simply click on the 'new thread' button (you need to register as a member to see this button and to make...

Jules
replies: 0 views: 35,096
Jules 17th January 2013

1) No being harsh / making fun of newbies :tut: and kip the sarcasm please! This is an area for basic questions that might have...

Jules
replies: 0 views: 35,974
Jules 1st February 2011

For some reason, I hear crackling in my recordings periodically. It's very frustrating because it happens infrequently. There's...

nonotza
replies: 6 views: 112
nonotza 29 minutes ago

Hey guys, i'm having trouble deciding what characteristics my transients should have..... such as the length of them and how much...

Brandon203111
replies: 0 views: 14
Brandon203111 42 minutes ago

hey there, i'm using a akai mg614 mixer at the moment and i can't seem to find much information about it on the internet....

dodecaphonic
replies: 21 views: 377
dodecaphonic 1 hour ago

A lot of people here, tend to dislike overly tuned vocals saying it adds artifacts, and makes the vocal sound emotionless, or...

herzack
replies: 241 views: 3,027
GearFiddler 1 hour ago

I posted a question somewhat similar to this before, but even though people told me a broad simple way of using a mixer with a...

isaacmacias
replies: 0 views: 61
isaacmacias 3 hours ago

I have studio drummer as a rack instrument in cubase for multiple outputs to single each component of the drums. My OH and Room...

ty45
replies: 18 views: 378
SF_Green 4 hours ago

Greetings Im building my first passive subs. At the moment it will have 2 x 4 terminal speakon ports wired in parallel. 1+\1-...

Aldoofbanga
replies: 5 views: 99
Aldoofbanga 4 hours ago

Hello, I have Peavey 8 mixer(no usb) Steinberg UR242 audio interface i don't have enough inputs in audio interface.. so...

velmurugan
replies: 1 views: 95
Poinzy 4 hours ago

I'm honestly embarrassed to ask this question but what is the purpose of using stereo vs mono tracks? I understand that mono is a...

ty45
replies: 4 views: 118
ty45 5 hours ago

Hi guys! Does anybody know another plug-in similar to the exciter "Big Bottom" released by Aphex? Your help is...

Plasticine
replies: 16 views: 8,743
Felon 5 hours ago

We put out a pretty popular podcast, been doing it for about 4 years. Over that time I've spent a lot of money on equipment, but...

docdaddy
replies: 0 views: 68
docdaddy 8 hours ago

Hi, If I keep rerecording a track on analog tape it will eventually get noise/hiss. I also understand we can make copies of a...

leegold
replies: 5 views: 129
leegold 10 hours ago

I was at Guitar Center earlier today fiddling around with a Player Series Stratocaster using a Roland Jazz Chorus amp — simply...

MisterCrayle
replies: 26 views: 311
Sharp11 10 hours ago

hey. I'm a university student and my final year project is on the topic, Full band vs. Multitracking. The project is not only...

samthehobbitman
replies: 2 views: 214
mattiasnyc 10 hours ago

I am helping a friend who just got a AT4047 for voice-over work. after upgrading from a AT2020 to the AT4047, the voice actor is...

eatyourguitar
replies: 2 views: 113
mattiasnyc 10 hours ago

Hey guys New member, long time reader. Hopefully this is in the right section! I’m a Head of Music in a school that has...

Mbarraclough
replies: 2 views: 141
mattiasnyc 11 hours ago

Not sure if this is the right subforum for this question, and apologies if it's already been addressed, but I couldn't find...

Progger
replies: 0 views: 83
Progger 11 hours ago

Please be kind. I'm pretty new here and couldn't find the right search string to get the answer to this question, which I'm sure...

xaosnox
replies: 4 views: 116
mattiasnyc 11 hours ago

Hi! I have a stage piano, Casio PX5S, that I recently bought. I have it hooked up to a pair of KRK RP6 G3 at home, for casual...

gullebrand
replies: 1 views: 121
matt pinchin 13 hours ago

Hi all Brand new to this forum and starting to learn how to mix (I am a guitarist, primarily interested in instrumental...

friday13th
replies: 9 views: 164
friday13th 13 hours ago

Hello, I want to calibrate my speakers and my interface. My audio interface manual says I need to set my knob to 1 or 2...

Horizon7777
replies: 7 views: 256
JSchlomo 19 hours ago

Just an awesome guy and and awesome interview. Inspiring to hear this guy talk about making...

open_source
replies: 0 views: 110
open_source 1 day ago

Hi there guys! I'm new here, but not that new in audio but I'm having bad times here in my home studio. I was ready to...

dzanella
replies: 0 views: 110
dzanella 1 day ago

Good afternoon Slutz, I was hoping to pick your brainz about how YOU integrate (or would integrate) an a cappella section into...

thizzprofessor
replies: 3 views: 184
thizzprofessor 1 day ago

Not sure this is really a newbie question as I've been using patchbays for years now, but I figured this was as good a place as...

The Mule
replies: 0 views: 118
The Mule 1 day ago

Loudness Wars. As a recording and mixing engineer, I totally sympathize with our Mastering Friends when it comes to balancing...

njallen
replies: 22 views: 499
SmoothTone 1 day ago

Hope this is the right place for this. Our flow for our podcast in the past has always been recording from our mixing board...

docdaddy
replies: 0 views: 119
docdaddy 1 day ago

Hi, I have built a pair of onmi top 12" PA Speakers and i must say they sound very bad right now. I have a 32 band DBX EQ...

Sammysatic
replies: 0 views: 125
Sammysatic 1 day ago

I'm tracking guitars through a Suhr reactive load box into logic. Meters for tracking are all averaging -18db so am pretty sure...

Thehowlingsea
replies: 9 views: 168
Thehowlingsea 1 day ago

Hello, I´m Mattin and I´m studing for sound technitian. I have a project to mix in CUBASE but my main problem is that I dont...

iribar13
replies: 10 views: 534
thismercifulfate 1 day ago

Which is more important to make room in the mix for vocal clarity and presence? The fundamental The midrange Or the...

goom
replies: 5 views: 257
MoarAudioz 1 day ago

How do/would/can I use headphones as a mic w/Logic Pro X? I'm using ATH-M50x w/Scarlett 2i4 2nd gen.

boombapdame
replies: 7 views: 242
Brent Hahn 1 day ago

most of the 2 channel USB interfaces(2 mic inputs) have a guitar direct jack on the front or by switch using one of the mic...

678x
replies: 3 views: 347
Ninecows 1 day ago

Hi, I know this question has been asked countless times; but I still cannot make up my mind on which audio interface I should...

Skaraj
replies: 2 views: 152
RyanM 1 day ago

Hi, I'm not a newbie, buuut this is a newbie type question so.. When mixing I often read top engineers say high and low...

phillus
replies: 3 views: 173
JSchlomo 1 day ago

Hello, I'm looking at hooking up my Focusrite Octopre MkII preamps to my my UAD Apollo 8p interface via an ADAT optical cable...

tomatoKetchup
replies: 2 views: 146
tomatoKetchup 1 day ago

Hi, Hopefully a simple question... I want to recreate the sound that is layered under the kick drum, the low synthy subby thing...

ethyl
replies: 2 views: 150
chrisso 1 day ago

I have been using a client's tlm 102 through a ua6176 for most of 2018. I record vocals male and female and use the 610 eqing for...

Darkschmunky
replies: 0 views: 129
Darkschmunky 1 day ago
replies: - views: -
BT64 2 days ago

i was trying to figure out if i needed a monitor controller, right now i have an apollo twin mk2 and a mac book pro and i have to...

malconehunned
replies: 0 views: 148
malconehunned 2 days ago

Ok... I have a Fredenstein 10s Bento it is patched into my Apollo twin by means of a switchcraft patchbay. (I hope that is...

royalrap
replies: 22 views: 736
royalrap 2 days ago

So I like to practice mixing with stems from Mike Seniors website, I downloaded a hip-hop session to practice something out of my...

GiveMeYourGuitar
replies: 2 views: 185
JSchlomo 2 days ago

Bit basic, but how do i send audio from an iMac to a hardware compressor? Will i need an audio interface or line out...

JohnCameron2018
replies: 4 views: 449
CJ Mastering 2 days ago

Hey Guys! So, I have no idea where to put this, so I picked this thread... Well, I want to start selling music to...

skie
replies: 2 views: 227
theblue1 2 days ago

Hello, I was window shopping the Weiss DAC1-MK3 (2 channel DAC, if money is no object.....). Anyways, there are no BNC...

camacozie
replies: 3 views: 244
rumleymusic 2 days ago

I've realized i'm getting delay from the amount of plugins I have on one channel... How do i compensate for this? There's a like...

Brandon203111
replies: 5 views: 267
CJ Mastering 2 days ago

So, I want to do this — • Preamp > Axe-Fx > Audio Interface > DAW • Will there be any latency or delays?

MisterCrayle
replies: 7 views: 189
drycappuccinoguy 2 days ago

I've been told that eq boosts can cause phase.. how much of an eq boost causes phase??? Is it different with different EQs?? if...

Brandon203111
replies: 4 views: 300
open_source 2 days ago

Hi , could somebody guide me through please as how to set up Korg Electribe Ea-1 MK2 with Roland TR8 and TB3 I currently...

Vitalis2
replies: 1 views: 260
Subverter 3 days ago

So I have an Avatone Mixcube on the way and was wondering whether I can feed it from the headphone out of my Scarlett 18i20 with...

jeebles
replies: 16 views: 362
jeebles 3 days ago

Moderators

Forum Tools
Search this Forum
Search this Forum :

Advanced Search