The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Krk power help!
Old 5th September 2014
Here for the gear

Krk power help!

Hi all,

Just received my KRK Rokit 6's and I'm really confused!

I ordered from the US (110v) and am now in the uk (220v)

The KRK's are fitted with a switch to change from US to EU Power rating but the manual says that the fuse should be changed if this switch is moved from US to EU.

UK cables are fitted with fuses and therefore I'm confused whether I need to change the speakers fuse or not?

Thanks for any help!
Davik01
Old 5th September 2014
Gear Addict

You should change them. If you won't, they'll probably blow, the moment you switch the power on. Fuses in cables won't help.
Old 5th September 2014
The switch must be moved to the "Euro" position (220-240 Volts) and the fuse should be changed to a 0.8 Amp (800 mA) if the monitor has the N.A fuse of 1.6 Amp installed.

The fuses in the line cord are usually rated for the maximum safe current that the line cord can handle (typically 5 or 6 Amps for a light-duty Euro mains cord). The speaker power supply fuses must be changed for proper protection. Be absolutely sure the switches are in the "Euro" 220-250 V. position before plugging the monitors into a wall outlet.

The internal fuse is in a pop-out holder just below the IEC power input connector. The proper 0.8 A fuse will limit the power going into the monitor to a maximum of 192 watts. The power amps in the Rokit 6 G3 are rated for 73 watts output maximum (total), so the 0.8 A. fuse rating is more than enough.

The N.A fuse won't blow on Euro power. That's the problem, It won't blow if the internal amplifiers malfunction and draw too much current. It will seem to work fine, but your monitors will not be properly protected.

In the "Euro" power setting the monitors will draw less current than in the NA setting, hence the lower-rated fuse.

You won't hurt anything, or blow any fuses running with a N.A. (1.6 A.) fuse installed, but you should change them to the proper 0.8A fuses as soon as possible for safest operation. Change the fuse and the world will be a safer place!

Be sure the IEC cord is unplugged when you change the fuse.
Attached Thumbnails
Krk power help!-krk-rokit-6-euro.jpg  
Old 4 weeks ago
Here for the gear

simular situation

Hi guys I’m facing a quite similar situation. I bought a pair of KRK RP6G3 in the US and moved back to France.
My fault I didn’t check the power acceptance and plug them to 220V. ... No comment.

Problem I’m facing is that I don’t have any 115/230V switch on the back of the speaker. Just a power switch. I opened the speaker and found a transformer 115V to 2x 14V and 2x20V in 1.7A.

Any advice how to change these power transformer to be able to use my speakers on 220V ?

Thx+++
François
Attached Thumbnails
Krk power help!-c0aaffa3-1293-493e-8b14-17e8e425d36f.jpeg  
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search