The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Syncing external instrument ableton 9
Old 6th August 2014
Gear Head

Syncing external instrument ableton 9

Hello,
I'm having trouble getting a track to sync in time with the rest of the song after using an external instrument via midi with ableton 9. I've tried different ways including, quantanizing which makes it sound stuttery and od with the particular sound I'm using. I've tried highlighting the 1st beat of the bar, selecting start bar from here 1.1.1 then warp from here straight and it still doesn't sound quite wright. I've also tried just start bar from here 1.1.1 which actually sounds the best but still slightly out. I notice it as the track has a dalay effect on it and you can tell it's not quite rhythmically wright with the rest of the song, also if I create the same pattern using a vst, it's bang on in time and rhythmically perfect but the sound just doesn't match up to the external instrument. I tried using abletons external instrument plug in but still have issues getting it in time, as I cant get it to play in on time, it seems to be over compensating the latency and the track dalay function doesn't seem to do anything. If you have any tips or can help please reply thanks Sam
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search