The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
I need To remove music from a song DAW Software
Old 9th March 2014
  #1
Here for the gear
 

I need To remove music from a song

Hello Everybody
how are you



I want a little help in ( Adobe Audition )


I have a song and i want to remove the music
Just I want the voice of the singer

without any music or drum or something ..


Can any one help me in this please ?!!
Old 9th March 2014
  #2
Gear Head
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by w4el View Post
Hello Everybody
how are you



I want a little help in ( Adobe Audition )


I have a song and i want to remove the music
Just I want the voice of the singer

without any music or drum or something ..


Can any one help me in this please ?!!
Im not sure if you want to actually do this yourself or If you just want the vocals as a finished product and you don't care how you get them. If that's the case if you just search your song online but search for it in its Acapella form the acapella is just vocals with no instrumental.

If you want to do it yourself, sorry im a noob too haha
Old 9th March 2014
  #3
Here for the gear
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dwayne7 View Post
Im not sure if you want to actually do this yourself or If you just want the vocals as a finished product and you don't care how you get them. If that's the case if you just search your song online but search for it in its Acapella form the acapella is just vocals with no instrumental.

If you want to do it yourself, sorry im a noob too haha



Thank you bro

it is impossible to find this song in internet
Because it's done by my friend
and I want his voice without music but i can't do it by myself
Old 9th March 2014
  #4
It can't be done.
Old 9th March 2014
  #5
Here for the gear
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bender412 View Post
It can't be done.


Why ??!!
Old 9th March 2014
  #6
Here for the gear
 

Once their married you can't extract. Thats like blending red and yellow paint to create Orange only to want to extract red to have yellow again. Thats why its important for each element to be recorded to its own track. Ask your friend if they recorded his vox on it's own track.
Old 9th March 2014
  #7
Here for the gear
 

Is your source a single track composed of both the vocals and instrumental?
Old 9th March 2014
  #8
Here for the gear
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by audiotasker View Post
Once their married you can't extract. Thats like blending red and yellow paint to create Orange only to want to extract red to have yellow again. Thats why its important for each element to be recorded to its own track. Ask your friend if they recorded his vox on it's own track.


but on youtube
i saw many many people do the same thing
( acapella ) ..


watch this link
Shakira - She wolf (acapella) - YouTube


I want to do like it ..
Old 9th March 2014
  #9
Moderator
 
matt thomas's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by w4el View Post
it's done by my friend
Why don't you get the multitrack from your friend? Or get him/her to sing it again?

As has been said, you can't remove the vocals from already mixed music.

(Well actually that's what I thought until recently, but there is some software coming out soon that actually does it surprisingly well. I heard a demo, but I forget what it is called. I don't think it is released yet, and it doesn't do it cleanly, and it is probably expensive)

matt
Old 9th March 2014
  #10
Here for the gear
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by matt thomas View Post
Why don't you get the multitrack from your friend? Or get him/her to sing it again?

As has been said, you can't remove the vocals from already mixed music.

(Well actually that's what I thought until recently, but there is some software coming out soon that actually does it surprisingly well. I heard a demo, but I forget what it is called. I don't think it is released yet, and it doesn't do it cleanly, and it is probably expensive)

matt

thank you bro


He died with regret :(
Old 9th March 2014
  #11
Gear Head
 
benetik's Avatar
 

That is not possible to be done. Those youtube people most propably have OR have found the multitracks and they are using the vocal part only. As one of the people said, its like two colors, you mix them and they become one. You can't seperate them any more.

Maybe, with proper EQ, you could lower the instruments but along with lowering the instruments you would alter the timbre of the vocals.

Hope i helped.
Old 9th March 2014
  #12
Old 9th March 2014
  #13
Moderator
 
matt thomas's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by w4el View Post
thank you bro

He died with regret :(
Sorry to hear that. Unfortunately it's not currently possible to remove vocals from already mixed music.

matt
Old 9th March 2014
  #14
Here for the gear
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by benetik View Post
That is not possible to be done. Those youtube people most propably have OR have found the multitracks and they are using the vocal part only. As one of the people said, its like two colors, you mix them and they become one. You can't seperate them any more.

Maybe, with proper EQ, you could lower the instruments but along with lowering the instruments you would alter the timbre of the vocals.

Hope i helped.


But his voice is not tightly mixed with the song
I think his voice is higher than the song
Old 9th March 2014
  #15
Moderator
 
matt thomas's Avatar
Do you know where he recorded it?

matt
Old 9th March 2014
  #16
Here for the gear
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by matt thomas View Post
Do you know where he recorded it?

matt


yes he recorded it at my house

and I had mixed his voice with the music
but i lost the original voice without music
Old 9th March 2014
  #17
Here for the gear
 

Thank you matt for your interest
Old 10th March 2014
  #19
Gear Head
 
benetik's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by w4el View Post
But his voice is not tightly mixed with the song
I think his voice is higher than the song
I am sorry for your loss. I understand your frustration.

I am afraid there is no such possibility to lower the instruments and keep the voice intact. THis goes egainst everything about audio engineering.

Try to find the vocal part somewhere so that you can work it out the way you need.

If the voice is higher as you say, try to diminish the instruments with EQ, you will hurt the voice but you might get somewhere.
Old 10th March 2014
  #20
Lives for gear
 
GZsound's Avatar
My understanding is that with Audition, depending on what version you have, there is an ability to select certain frequencies and remove them. It works well on removing drum hits or clicks, etc. but may work, with a huge amount of time in removing everything except the vocals.

I haven't seen it done and seriously doubt it can be done. You can't take the sugar out of an already baked cake.
Old 10th March 2014
  #21
Gear Addict
 
Ave Crux's Avatar
 

Yes it can be done (on a few conditions)

- Get the highest quality of the song you want to have the acapella of (not necessary, but its great if you can)

- Get the instrumental of the song with the exact quality and fidelity
(so say you have a 16-bit wav of the full song, you must have a 16-bit wav of the instrumental)

- Invert phase of instrumental and make sure it is aligned properly with the original track

- ?????

- PROFIT
Old 10th March 2014
  #22
Lives for gear
 
Howie J's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ave Crux View Post
- Get the instrumental of the song with the exact quality and fidelity
(so say you have a 16-bit wav of the full song, you must have a 16-bit wav of the instrumental)
If he could get this, he wouldn't have the problem….
Old 10th March 2014
  #23
Here for the gear
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ave Crux View Post
Yes it can be done (on a few conditions)

- Get the highest quality of the song you want to have the acapella of (not necessary, but its great if you can)

- Get the instrumental of the song with the exact quality and fidelity
(so say you have a 16-bit wav of the full song, you must have a 16-bit wav of the instrumental)

- Invert phase of instrumental and make sure it is aligned properly with the original track

- ?????

- PROFIT
But wouldn't it also tweak with the frequencies in his friends voice if they are in the same range as certain elements within the instrumental?
Old 10th March 2014
  #24
Lives for gear
 
mdoelger's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ave Crux View Post
Yes it can be done (on a few conditions)

- Get the highest quality of the song you want to have the acapella of (not necessary, but its great if you can)

- Get the instrumental of the song with the exact quality and fidelity
(so say you have a 16-bit wav of the full song, you must have a 16-bit wav of the instrumental)

- Invert phase of instrumental and make sure it is aligned properly with the original track

- ?????

- PROFIT
Do you guys even read the f*cking other responses before answering. This kind of mindset is beyond me.
Old 12th March 2014
  #25
Gear Addict
 
Ave Crux's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by audiotasker View Post
But wouldn't it also tweak with the frequencies in his friends voice if they are in the same range as certain elements within the instrumental?
Well he just wanted the vocals. So that's just ONE way out of the many ways suggested here (getting the actual stems, asking for the acapella itself, etc). Also, like I said, if he had those following conditions on check, it suffices for what he needs. Given the fact he does not have access to the instrumental (which was not mentioned here by the way) then there's really no other way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdoelger View Post
Do you guys even read the f*cking other responses before answering. This kind of mindset is beyond me.
Simmer down, lol. Almost every reply said it was not possible. What I said was possible by "trying to null" the instrumental. Only one person linked a YouTube video, which I'm just re-iterating (and I had the idea already before I saw that post). I've done this method before for "extracting" a capellas.
And perhaps if you read the original post and forum rules, if you have nothing helpful to contribute, why post?
Old 12th March 2014
  #26
Lives for gear
 

Depending entirely on how it is mixed, you could try a mid/side compressor etc and remove the side.

You could also try taking just the side signal, reversing the phase, and hope it cancels most of the other stuff.

If it is mixed in a mono'ish fashion there is nothing you can do.

Sorry
Old 30th April 2014
  #27
Hi w4el

I have applied some algorithm of mine (that you can also try out on www.destructivecommons.net) to try to separate your vocals and music, this is the result:

music:
http://www.binarymind.org/antoine/ya...strumental.mp3

vocals:
http://www.binarymind.org/antoine/ya..._mp3_vocal.mp3


Of course, it's not perfect, but it may already be nice for your purposes ?

Hope this helps

cheers
Old 8th May 2014
  #28
Here for the gear
 

@binary mind,
Great job with your separation algorithm! Its awesome to see people taking the initiative in tackling this issue. Vintagelove is totally right about the methods that are typically use for separation/isolation. Im part of a company called Audionamix thats just released a vocal separation program called TRAX. Id love to hear how/if it be useful to guys!
check it out...
Source Separation: Isolate and Extract Vocals / Audio Layers | ADX
Top Mentioned Products
Topic:
Post Reply

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.


 
 
Slide to join now Processing…
Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Forum Jump
Forum Jump