The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Jersey club Help DAW Software
Old 26th February 2014
Here for the gear

Jersey club Help

Hello. I am extremely new to the dj scene. Im looking for some help. Does anybody how to make jersey club music (how dj's isolate the vocals, slicing the vocals, the echos, and how they make the beats?) Im lost and I can't find any tutorials online. Thank you. I have a DAW and my controller but other than that I need help. Much appreciated.

Rihanna - Pour it up (Jersey Club Remix) @YoungKid_Nj - YouTube example of jersey club
Old 26th February 2014
GV1
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by ear123 View Post
Hello. I am extremely new to the dj scene. Im looking for some help. Does anybody how to make jersey club music (how dj's isolate the vocals, slicing the vocals, the echos, and how they make the beats?) Im lost and I can't find any tutorials online. Thank you. I have a DAW and my controller but other than that I need help. Much appreciated.

Rihanna - Pour it up (Jersey Club Remix) @YoungKid_Nj - YouTube example of jersey club
What DAW do you have?
Old 26th February 2014
GV1
Gear Maniac

For the vocals you will need an acapella. This is just the vocal from the track. You can't really extract the vocal from a track (you can get a rough acapella but I wont discuss that, there's no need), but many artists these days release an acapella. Just google "rihanna acapella" to find some of hers. I use Abelton or an MPC to slice. The Maschine is perfect for this too. Lots of tutorials on YouTube for that.
Old 27th February 2014
Here for the gear

I have mixcraft...do you feel that would be sufficient?
Old 27th February 2014
Here for the gear

And also do you have any suggestions on making the beats and the samples used as well? Thank you for your help
Old 27th February 2014
Here for the gear

No you do not need vocals. I recreated a Trippy Turtle track just by applying this filter in Logic. Surprisingly, all he did basically in one of his beats was apply a similar filter, pitch the track three octaves up and put in a jersey club type drum beat over the original drum pattern. I made the filter using trial & error so I have no way of explaining it. Here's a picture, though.

imgur: the simple image sharer
Old 27th February 2014
GV1
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by cozack View Post
No you do not need vocals. I recreated a Trippy Turtle track just by applying this filter in Logic. Surprisingly, all he did basically in one of his beats was apply a similar filter, pitch the track three octaves up and put in a jersey club type drum beat over the original drum pattern. I made the filter using trial & error so I have no way of explaining it. Here's a picture, though.

imgur: the simple image sharer
Trippy Turtle is Cashmeere Cat. I didn't know that. I was just thinking to myself before I realised "What's the relation to a Turtle and a Dolphin". Because Cashmeere makes Dofflin too (play on the word Dolphin).

Love his "Wet" track.
Old 27th February 2014
Here for the gear

is a similar filter avail for mixcraft? and what about the beats they use?
Old 28th February 2014
GV1
Gear Maniac

Quote:
is a similar filter avail for mixcraft? and what about the beats they use?
I've never heard of mixcraft. Sounds like something you'd buy from PC World. If you're serious about music looking to a decent DAW. Abelton, Logic, even Fruity Loops is decent these days.
Old 1st March 2014
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by GV1 View Post
Trippy Turtle is Cashmeere Cat. I didn't know that. I was just thinking to myself before I realised "What's the relation to a Turtle and a Dolphin". Because Cashmeere makes Dofflin too (play on the word Dolphin).
Actually Trippy Turtle is LidoLido (a different norweigan producer). Drippy Dolphin idk.
Old 1st March 2014
GV1
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by cozack View Post
Actually Trippy Turtle is LidoLido (a different norweigan producer). Drippy Dolphin idk.
There actually seems to be a debate online about whether or not Trippy Turtle is or isn't Cashmere Cat.

Are you referring to this LidoLido? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b70nAPj40Eo ... He sounds American, and doesn't even sound like Trippy Turtle. I assume you mean a different one.

Edit: Nope it's the same one. I can't see how this is Trippy Turtle. Where's the reference to it?
Old 1st March 2014
Deleted User
Quote:

I hate jersey club with a passion, yet I know many friends and some top djs in the jersey area who make these tracks and have tons of insight on how this work.

The DAW of choice for these tracks are FL Studio. Yes you could make this genre in any DAW (tried it in Pro Tools with a friend and it took longer than usual he admitted), but the workflow in FL Studio is built for this type of stuff. Even Ableton would be a great choice.

You would need an acapella and an instrumental, beat align them and you are ready for business.

These guys are DJS so all they are really doing is speeding both up, chopping and slicing both sections in and playing them in a more upbeat fashion.

They usually incorporate loops, and Fl Studio and Ableton easily allows you to make any loop fit any tempo. Which is why those two DAWS are built for these types of things.

A ton of the drums are usually the FL Stock stuff as well as the effects since well, all they know is FL Studio. Especially the breaks you hear are Fl stock. Its pretty cool to see people only using stock FL Studio stuff to make music.

The synths are usually sytrus, once again since it is fl studio stock.

This genre isnt hard at all. You need to keep in mind that most people who make this are actual DJs, so they have the mentality of DJing when creating this, which explains the uptempos, chopping and slicing the acapella and instrumental to further enforce the uptempo vibe.

Mixcraft would be efficent since DAWs are just blank canvases, but FL Studio and Ableton would really make this **** WAYYY easier.
Old 1st March 2014
GV1
Gear Maniac

I also think there's a bit of a grey line between Jersey Club and this sort of stuff (which if cozak is correct would be Trippy Turtle):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ualIJ013b5o

... this is more harmonious and musical than Jersey Club I find.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search