The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
First String Quartet track - advice?
Old 23rd October 2013
Here for the gear

First String Quartet track - advice?

Hey all! My first post, so hopefully it's in the right place. I've been frequenting these forums for a while now, and gotten some great info, so thanks!

I'm a violin player trying to be able to record my own solo/string ensemble tracks. I've attached the first recording I've done of my string quartet, and I'd love any feedback! My most ghetto of setups:

Room: dry w/minimal soundproofing material on the walls, about 10x14 rhombus kinda shape

ART M-Five into TASCAM US-1641, about 5 feet from the front of the group and 4 feet high

Stereo stuff comes from two condensers set in the walls, courtesy of a Wenger "Virtual Acoustic Environment"...can't seem to find what mics they are specifically.

All mixing done in Audacity, with the stock plugins. Sorry 'bout the thing at 2:49, didn't feel like going back to fix it after the fact...

I have no training in this, but would love to hear what you guys think, and where my weaknesses are. Thanks!
Attached Files

goodnightoct22.mp3 (3.14 MB, 80 views)

Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search