The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Pro Tools CRAZY PROBLEM. Pro's please help!!!
Old 22nd October 2013
Here for the gear

Pro Tools CRAZY PROBLEM. Pro's please help!!!

Full disclosure: I'm a newb to Pro Tools. I have been a paid guitar player for 10 years, and got asked to record and mix an orchestra concert. I recorded 64 channels into two Digidesign Pre's, 5 192's, and 6 Yamaha pre's, using a Mac Pro with three hard drives and a D-Control console. I have verified that everything is set up correctly and I've had help from a skilled engineer.

Here's my problem: After coming back and opening the session, I can see waveforms of all of my clips, but my meters show no output. While I know there is audio there, the clips will not play. I'm at a loss as to what went wrong, it may a filing issue, but I'd love some help making this work...thanks.
Old 22nd October 2013
Here for the gear

Check your I/O settings. Sometimes when switching between sessions it will change (if you've brought in a session from somewhere else for example). It might say 'Output 1-2' or something similar but then in the actual I/O it's looking for hardware that is not there. Also check Playback Engine.
Old 22nd October 2013
Here for the gear

Thanks for the suggestion. Still no dice—any more suggestions?
Old 22nd October 2013
Gear Addict

Yeah go into the I/O, delete all of the paths and default it. That worked when taking sessions off our D-Control.
Old 22nd October 2013
Here for the gear

Could you give more information?
Are the tracks greyed out?
What's your setup like?
Old 22nd October 2013
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSPDiva View Post
Yeah go into the I/O, delete all of the paths and default it. That worked when taking sessions off our D-Control.
+1
Old 22nd October 2013
Gear Addict

Any luck?
Old 22nd October 2013
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSPDiva View Post
I'm trying to mix on my D-Control though, I haven't moved. One day the clips played, and the next they didn't. I wish I could provide more info. Nothing's greyed out, for all intents and purposes its like the output device is gone, but it's still set up. Idk.
Old 22nd October 2013
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by socks View Post
I'm trying to mix on my D-Control though, I haven't moved. One day the clips played, and the next they didn't. I wish I could provide more info. Nothing's greyed out, for all intents and purposes its like the output device is gone, but it's still set up. Idk.
Ok last thing I used to tell students who had issues with the Icon:
Turn everything off and turn them on in the correct order:
Interfaces -> xmon -> Icon master section, then the buckets -> computer -> and of course last was amps and speakers.

I had them do that, especially if they weren't there to turn the room on (someone else did it). If the room wasn't turned on in the right order, it's not always going to work the way you want it to. I know it's a pain in the butt to do it, but 98% of the time it solved the problem. That's usually my advice for all of our digital equipment in the school (Presonus consoles, yamaha console, icon)
Old 22nd October 2013
Lives for gear

could you post a screenshot of your I/O output paths and a screen shot of your mixer window?

bit of a long shot but sometimes pro tools weirdness can be due to the prefs needing to be trashed. this is a great little app that does if for you with the click of one button. goes into all the relevant folders in the background and trashes your prefs. new ones will be made next time you launch pro tools

http://www.pro-tools-expert.com/supp...elper-mac.html
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search