The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Couple quick edit questions!
Old 21st October 2013
Here for the gear

Couple quick edit questions!

https://soundcloud.com/kenny-simpson...trumental-testI'm new to recording, here's the setup I just got. Focusrite Scarlett 2i4. Audio Technica AT2020. +instruments. I did a test record to see and experiment while learning effects and other things. (forgot to buy an xlr cord for guitar/bass to interface will have to get one).

I wanted to know. What are the common clean up tools/effects that are used? What I'm wanting to do is actually record a song/album. Tips for keeping in rhythm..balanced volume across tracks..tricks for fixing audio not in rhythm? Any beginner tips or links to HELPFUL articles would be really appreciated!

I've played acoustic for a year..I sing..I'm new to electric/riffs and bass. new to making instrumentals. Here's the random test I did and the bass is way off lol. No effects. recorded on mic with window open and amp.
Attached Files

Test.wav (4.04 MB, 89 views)

Old 21st October 2013
Lives for gear

I think the best advice you can get is to start recording. Find a song or an album by someone you admire and listen to it critically. Try to match the sound on your equipment.

There is no magic button to push to get a professional recording. I have spent literally thousands of hours trying to achieve competitive professional recordings and I'm sure that the way I do things are different than the way other professionals do it.

You have to spend "time in grade" to learn any craft. Try everything. Record, edit so you can see what tools you have available and what they do to the audio. Think of the equipment you have, the room you are using, the talent. Everything goes into getting a professional recording.

Again, anyone that suggests there is a magic button you can push is giving you bad advice. Try, learn, repeat, learn, try again, learn, repeat.
Old 21st October 2013
Here for the gear

Thanks for the input and thanks I plan to do so
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search