production tutorials
Old 15th October 2013
Gear interested

production tutorials

Hey community,

I'm starting to teach myself a bit of (home)-production (not aiming for something big) via Logic Pro 9.
Are there any tutorials/series of tutorials about Logic pro and production in general worth watching/reading/buying? I'm already pretty familiar with Logic itself, mainly looking for guidelines to mixing etc.
Old 15th October 2013
Gear nut

Old 16th October 2013
Gear Head

Old 17th October 2013
Gear nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leroy4bz View Post
Really....is this Free no catch?
None at all, that's the idea of Coursera. They actually have a few audio engineering/sound recording classes from all sorts of schools, take a look around
Old 17th October 2013
Hey JGAN thanks for spreading the word on coursera. Ive been learning about musoc production on my own but started on the berklee classes they offer and already i have filled in some gaps in my knowledge that i feel are pretty important.

Jakson
Old 17th October 2013
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by JGAN View Post
None at all, that's the idea of Coursera. They actually have a few audio engineering/sound recording classes from all sorts of schools, take a look around
That's great to hea, I'm off to enroll now!
Old 17th October 2013
Lives for gear

A simple you tube or Google search will yield a ridiculous amount of free tutorials and videos for pretty much any DAW you want.
Old 17th October 2013
Lives for gear

Regordingrevolution.com
Old 19th November 2013
Advanced Audio Tutorials

Old 19th November 2013
Gear Head

Coursera are great, they also have a songwriting course which I found really interesting. I think I will take a look into their production course (I'm also fairly new to it).

So far I've been using youtube videos, there are hundreds of videos showing the basics. I bought a tutorial DVD but I find it much easier to search on youtube when I need to find out how to do something new. Searching on these forums is also highly beneficial once you've learnt the basics or are looking for a particular sound
Topic:

Welcome to Gearslutz Pro Audio Forum!

Registration benefits include:
  • Ability to make and reply to posts
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get instant lifetime access to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20
  • List your eBay auctions for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search