The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Amplitube/UR28M/StudioOne Help
Old 13th October 2013
Gear Nut

Question Amplitube/UR28M/StudioOne Help

Hey all.

This is probably a dumb question, but can not figure this one out.

When I have Studio One open, And then click on Amplitube, it wont open. I'm trying to just use Amplitube stand alone to record guitar tracks (rather than vst). I could swear I have done this in the past with my UX2 and podfarm with Studio One before. I'm currently using a Steiny UR28M interface...

It seems the computer will not allow two different audio apps to run simultaneously. Is this true? If so, is there a work around? And how did I do it with my UX2?

Hoping one of you audio computer geniuses can bail me out
Old 22nd October 2013
Lives for gear

Seems someone answered in the other thread where you asked, but they are likely right. Both audio applications are trying to use the same audio device. May I ask why you are trying to achieve this anyway? To be honest, anything available to you in the standalone is available to you in your DAW most likely (the SpeedTrainer/recorder section) and the sound and functionality outside those few features that don't make sense to load into a DAW are exactly the same when running AmpliTube as a plugin.
Old 26th October 2013
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter - IK View Post
Seems someone answered in the other thread where you asked, but they are likely right. Both audio applications are trying to use the same audio device. May I ask why you are trying to achieve this anyway? To be honest, anything available to you in the standalone is available to you in your DAW most likely (the SpeedTrainer/recorder section) and the sound and functionality outside those few features that don't make sense to load into a DAW are exactly the same when running AmpliTube as a plugin.
Thanks for chiming in!

Its just the way I have been used to with the UX2/Podfarm. Wouldn't the latency be smaller via stand alone as to plug? And why would the ux2 run both (podfarm & Studio One)? Same soundcard, same driver, i am assuming? But the Steinberg/Amplitube combo will not.

Thanks again
Old 27th October 2013
Lives for gear

Line 6 did some workaround to run podfarm (on the hardware I guess) so it could work that way.

Steinberg recently added guitar amp sims to the latest uodate for UR28m tools that do the same thing....they are fairly limited, but you could use them for monitoring only and then add amplitube after recording
Old 4th November 2013
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by stella645 View Post
Line 6 did some workaround to run podfarm (on the hardware I guess) so it could work that way.

Steinberg recently added guitar amp sims to the latest uodate for UR28m tools that do the same thing....they are fairly limited, but you could use them for monitoring only and then add amplitube after recording
Yup. Just did the update today. I was thinking the same thing. Can't wait to try it out
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search