The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
upgrading studio: software route or analog?
Old 13th October 2013
Here for the gear

upgrading studio: software route or analog?

hello everyone, i am considering adding some sort of rhythm machine to my studio. now, i know that there are huge differences between analog and digital - they are two different animals. let me preface my question with the following statement: i am in no way equating a hybrid (software/hardware) machine with an analog drum synth.

so here we go. i am used to analog synths - i use an old roland juno and a dsi mopho x4 regularly. although i am a semi-proficient drummer, i would like to purchase some sort of rhythm machine for the studio. right now, i am caught between two choices: purchasing the dsi tempest ($2000) or bundling the new ni maschine studio ($1000) with komplete 9 ultimate ($1000).

the sound i am aiming for in my personal work is some sort of bastard child of grandaddy, elliott smith and chvrches. i know that i would probably be more comfortable with the tempest (as i am far more familiar with analog devices), but the thought of having access to a vast array of plugins along with sampling is also tempting (yet daunting at the same time).

i could really use some opinions as to what would be most useful and valuable in the long term!

thanks!
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search