Synths to DJ Mixer : Jack to RCA - Gearslutz.com
Synths to DJ Mixer : Jack to RCA
Old 3rd July 2013
Here for the gear

Synths to DJ Mixer : Jack to RCA

Hello all,

I'd like to ask a newbie question regarding cabling. I'm willing to use my analog synths with my daw, so as I only have 1 input on my apogee duet 2 and I have few synths + CDJs, I'd like to connect them to my Vestax PMX 280 (Dj Mixer).
This way I can have errything connected at the same time and I don't have to unplug this or that I just have to turn on my mixer.

The thing is to do that I need to connect my synth in the RCA Line Inputs on my mixer.
So my question is for a stereo synth what would be the difference between using this "Dual Unbalanced 1/4" Male To RCA Male Cable" (http://bit.ly/12ddKVC) or two jacks (one for each outputs of the synth) 1/4 cables with jack to RCA converters on em (http://bit.ly/11fOK6t) ?
And would that mean a sensible quality loss while recording my synths doing this kind of cabling?

Thank you
Old 3rd July 2013
Technically they transfer the signal identical. So, no soundquality difference.
Old 3rd July 2013
Here for the gear

Ok thanks so from Jack to RCA technically no sound quality is lost. And would you know the difference between the use of unbalanced 1/4 to RCA cable and the use of two 1/4 jacks with RCA converters on both, if there is any?
Old 3rd July 2013
These converters just exist to be flexible in case u've got RCA-cables only. If u have no cable at all, then u should get a converting cable (jack-rca) since it should be cheaper.
Loading mentioned products ...
Topic:

Welcome to Gearslutz Pro Audio Forum!

Registration benefits include:
  • Ability to make and reply to posts
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get instant lifetime access to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20
  • List your eBay auctions for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search