The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
First time I've ever sampled a snare/feedback/Free Samples
Old 10th February 2012

First time I've ever sampled a snare/feedback/Free Samples

I was contacted by a plugin company (name withheld) thats working on a drum sampler for the pro tools platform. They asked me to beta test it and I jumped right on that! I love this new plugin. Anyway, it inspired me to sample my actual snare at home, which I have never done before. I had some old sessions with this snare on it that had ring in the snare, which ruined the takes for me. I brought the snare up to my room and resampled it. When I tracked it with the kit, the mic was closer to parallel with the snare, which is why the ring was so prevalent (I believe), so I recaptured it with the 57 (better mic than what I used on it before) closer to perpendicular to the snare. There's still a TAD bit of ring in there, but NOTHING like before. Either way, I want some feedback on the samples. They probably suck in general because the snare isn't that great and the head is old as eff. I did 18 hits. 2 ghosts, 4 softs, 4 mediums, 4 louds, and 4 cracks. Multiple hits for each velocity for the round robin. Theres 3 other hits in there I think called "Additional..." I didn't use those, but just didn't want to delete them. I figured 5 velocity levels and 4 hits for most of them would be good enough.

Download them and use them to your liking on anything. I downloaded some awesome snare samples for the sessions with the crappy snare in it, but ever time I used it, I felt weird, so I had to make my own samples with the same snare and make them better.

Also, I didn't EQ or compress any of them. I want to keep them raw and only eq and compress them per session, because I dont always use the same eq and comp.

Download the samples
Give me some feedback if possible
Use them however you want. Maybe you'll like them and use them in drumagog or whatever...

Also, be on the lookout for the new plugin I'm beta testing - Details coming soon.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/5129928/My%20Snare.zip
Old 13th February 2012

I dont really know all the nooks and crannies of the forum, can someone direct me where to go to get feedback on samples?
Loading mentioned products ...

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get instant access to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search