The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
What pre amp and compressor to use? Audio Interfaces
Old 18th September 2011
Here for the gear

What pre amp and compressor to use?

Hey guys,
Looking to finish my setup here.
I'm running a duet 2 into logic pro 9. I purchased a AKG 820 which is really nice. Plus I have a range of other mic's. I need help with an outboard dual channel pre amp and compressor. For about $1400-$1600 aus, what could I be looking at?
Old 18th September 2011
Lives for gear

I like my art MPA gold with JJ tubes...
Old 18th September 2011
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattjew24 View Post
I like my art MPA gold with JJ tubes...
Which JJ tubes did you use. I just got a MPA Gold and got two of the ECC83 S Gold Pin - 12AX7 balanced and matched. I opened the MPA up and it does have the chinese 12ax7's in it...I haven't swapped them out yet as I want to first try it with the chinese tubes then swap and try the JJ's to see what kind of difference they make. My MPA has a bulb burned out on the left VU meter and I'm having a hard time finding a bulb...I'm not sure of the bulb specs but someone mentioned 12v 1.2 watt festoon bulb...I had to order some from England as I can't find anything stateside.
Old 19th September 2011
Here for the gear

My roommate and I use a Universal Audio LA-610. It's a combo tube-pre and compressor. It really drives female vocals with my Rode NT-2, I love it! Looks nice in the rack as well!

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search