The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Logic Sample Editor: segments shuffling to the left
Old 17th September 2011
Here for the gear

Logic Sample Editor: segments shuffling to the left

I'm using the Logic Sample Editor and would like to cut snippets from an audio sample while having the remainder stay where it is in regards to time code
rather than shuffling to the left in order to be rejoined with the rest of the audio file. Is there a way to do this? I don't want to resort to trying to make precise separations in the sequencer window by just zooming in on the region.

Thanks in advance!
Old 19th September 2011
Gear Head

In the top right of your arrange window there is a drop-down menu called "drag"... change it to overlap or no overlap and you should be good.

Hope that helps
Old 19th September 2011
i think iduran answered your question... but in case you're talking about removing audio from a region in the sample editor, it Will effect the parent file(has to). the way around it is to create a new file from the region you're about to edit - but this will still not resolve what happens in THAT file...

why don't you like zooming in on the arrange page? the zoom feature in Logic is one of the things where Logic Rules! just lean on Control+Option and drag your way in to the sample level if necessary. to undo zooms, Control+Option+Click anywhere on the page and each click 'un-zooms' you back successively to where you were... seriously, this is one tiny detail where Logic punks other DAWs...
Old 20th September 2011
Here for the gear

I actually ended up figuring out a way to do what I wanted. Not sure if it's the easiest way, but I selected what I wanted to remove and chose "insert silence." This got rid of the unwanted stuff and left everything else where it was.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search