The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Wireless headphones coming out of aux! Studio Headphones
Old 16th September 2011
Gear Nut

Wireless headphones coming out of aux!

hey all,

i have been looking aruond for some floor monitors and while i was doing my research... something just popped in my head

what happens if you buy cheap wireless headphones and connect the transmitter to the aux-send(with an headphone amp of course)... wouldnt that just be like In-Ear-Monitoring but at a much lower lower price?!

something like this
Old 16th September 2011
Gear Head

I haven't tried this myself but dunno why it shouldn't work in theory.
Still I suppose the transmitter in real ones is way better than in cheap wireless headphones.

Also you would have to shell out bucks for that headphone amp if you didn't already have it...
Old 31st May 2012
Gear Nut

I have headphone amp
Old 31st May 2012
Here for the gear

I do this! I have an ART HeadAmp6 Pro headphone amp. It has six channels, each of which has its own "aux" input that can be mixed with the "main" input.

Two of the channels on my mixer/interface (a TASCAM US2000) have inserts. I route the "send" side of the inserts into two of the headphone amp's "aux" inputs, allowing custom monitor mixes for two vocalists.

In your case, make sure you know what level the various signals are at. I erroneously thought the "aux" inputs on the HeadAmp6 Pro were capable of accepting mic or instrument levels. In fact, they require line-level inputs. Your gear is probably different.
Old 1st June 2012
Gear Nut

Kk thank you

May I ask what headphones u use for ur foldback
Old 1st June 2012
Sennheiser HD201 are nice.
AKG k141 are nice
Superlux HD662 are nice too.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search