The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Protools: device is at a different sample rate Audio Interfaces
Old 14th September 2011
Here for the gear

Protools: device is at a different sample rate

Hello everyone,

I' ve got a problem. I saved a song in the studio at school and then put it onto a wd elements harddrive. I then opened it from the wd elements harddrive on a different computer (running the same protools 9 hd) and it said the following:

' the HW device is at a different sample rate from the open session '

1. I' ve tried to change the sample rate in the hardware setup: no sound.
2. Started a new session imported session data from the session that I wanted:
still no sound.

Any help would be appreciated.
Old 14th September 2011
Gear Addict

Let's name the school computer Bill and the second computer Bob. What audio interface are you using for Bob? How do you set its sample rate? Some have their own software that you run before opening protools (such as the focusrite saffire series.)

What sample rate was the project in on Bill? What was the last sample rate used on Bob? Most likely they are different, and that is the source of your problem.

And it is possible that Bob is unable to use the same settings as Bill, if, for example, the initial Bill session was at 196Khz and Bob can only go to 96Khz.
Old 18th September 2011
Lives for gear

Are you using a Fast track pro? Uncheck the Inputs in it's hardware setup to get 96Khz sample ate out of it.
Top Mentioned Products

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search