The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Yamaha HS50M with Fast Track Pro Studio Monitors
Old 11th September 2011
Gear Head

Yamaha HS50M with Fast Track Pro

Hello

I'm thinking about purchasing a pair of Yamaha's HS50M monitors to use with Fast Track Pro.

However, the HS50M has only one XLR and one 1/4" inputs, on each monitor.

I would be using a pair of RCA-to-Phone adaptors.
The Right Channel out from Fast Track would go to the HS50M 1/4" input on my right.
The Left Channel out from Fast Track would go to the HS50M 1/4" input on my left.

Could you guys tell me if this would work, please ? And if there's a better way to connect those monitors to Fast Track Pro ?

Thank you.
Old 11th September 2011
Lives for gear

I have a fast track pro. It has 1/4" TRS outputs located at the top right of the unit if you are looking at it's back.
Old 11th September 2011
Gear Head

Oh, that's right. Thanks.

So, in the case of the HS50M connection, i would connect the Fast Track TRS right channel output to one monitor, and the TRS left channel output to the other monitor.

Would that work ?

Sorry if this is too obvious to most people. I just wanna be sure it will work before i spend the money buying those monitors.

Thanks
Old 11th September 2011
Lives for gear

Yes that is how I do it. The Output Knob controls how loud it is. The Mix knob controls how much Output your hear vs. input...like if you have a singer recording and they want to hear themselves better you would turn the knob towards input.
Old 11th September 2011
Gear Head

Thanks, mattjew24.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search