The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Suggestions on great effects plugins Special Ef­fects Plugins
Old 8th September 2011
Suggestions on great effects plugins

I'm looking for more great rtas plugins that are along the lines of the futzbox and plugins that are ever more crazy. Plugins that emulate radio, distortion, signal drops and stuff like that...and plugins that morph sounds beyond recognition. Something that take take a sound and destroy it...not really looking for JUST basic distortion plugins, but ones with massive control over how you destroy the audio. I've been searching and searching and haven't found anything along these lines except for the futz.

I'm in a project where we tend to add a lot of crazy effects and some of my current plugs aren't cutting it and my combination or plugins/automation is getting kind of dry.

Any suggestions welcome

Also, looking for a really nice Audiosuite pitch shifter.....the algs in the free pro tools ones dont really seem to be cutting it with me (vari fi and the pitch shift). I tend to lose so much clarity when dropping vocals that I can't retrieve back from EQing....and I've heard some GREAT vocal drops that have such clarity to it...I have no idea what they are using. I know some companies out there are putting out others out (like soundtoys), just don't know where to start.
Old 8th September 2011

You might like audioease speakerphone.

matt
Old 9th September 2011
I've known about speakerphone for years, I just have my worries cause I ALWAYS like to demo a plug before dropping an arm and a leg for it. Speakerphone looks amazing, but I need some hands on experience. I'll def. keep an eye out for it in the secondhand classifieds and see if it pops up because it does look amazing.
Old 9th September 2011
Sounds to me like the SoundToys Native Bundle is exactly what you're looking for. Highly recommended!
Old 9th September 2011
Gear Head

Perhaps reverb, compression and the like sound better if you pay, but funny noises sound best if they're free. Try VSTPLANET - VST Plugins Free - Virtual instruments and effects if special effects/ strange noisemakers are what you're looking for. They're not all good, but some of them are fantastic and they're all free! None of the ones I've tried have crashed my system or messed up my game.

The TAL effects are great, especially the filter and the dub delay, as are the SupaPhaser and the Kerovee pitch corrector, which I use as a special effect. I also use some of the reverbs, delays and compressors, because I'm a cheapskate.

Quality varies wildly from unusable to "I can't believe I'm not paying for this."
Old 9th September 2011
Lives for gear

+1 on SoundToys... Echoboy is wicked.
Old 13th September 2011
Gear Head

Soundtoys are great plugs indeed,

Check out these ---> D16 Group Audio Software - Beyond Perfection - Software

D16 Group , fun stuff.
Old 13th September 2011
Looks nifty, but I use pro tools, Rtas not VST...I have a VST wrapper but it hardly ever works right.
Old 13th September 2011
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by kittonian View Post
Sounds to me like the SoundToys Native Bundle is exactly what you're looking for. Highly recommended!
Going to have to recommend this bundle as well. Amazing plugins.
Old 13th September 2011
Deleted User #106149
Subtle use of Soundtoys decapitator on the master buss is my new favourite thing. It's added something I never got itb. Favourite plug by far.

Sent from my HTC Desire using Gearslutz.com App
Old 30th September 2011
I've been demo-ing ohmicide...you can get some AWESOME effects with this thing!
Old 1st October 2011
Some other great plugins for other people looking for awesome effects stuff

Waves:

Enigma
Morphoder
Metaflanger
Old 30th April 2012
Any new crazy effects plugins? I've demoed Ubermod a few times, but tbh, its too complex for me. I dont understand what half of the controls are doing and its about impossible for me to just go "get that sound" because I don't understand it...even after messing with it for hours..I'm still confused lol. So are there any new crazy effect plugins? Things that really mangle up the sound? I'm always looking for new things to do to vocals on my current project that's got this "digitally corrupted" theme to it.
Old 1st May 2012
Gear Head

second on the soundtoys, check out effectrix plugs as well and rob papen stuff i know a few soundesigners who hammer those plugs
Old 5th May 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by kittonian View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikebailey92 View Post
+1 on SoundToys... Echoboy is wicked.
Quote:
Originally Posted by saguinus_gr View Post
Soundtoys are great plugs indeed,

Check out these ---> D16 Group Audio Software - Beyond Perfection - Software

D16 Group , fun stuff.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan_H View Post
Going to have to recommend this bundle as well. Amazing plugins.
Quote:
Originally Posted by wcb123 View Post
Subtle use of Soundtoys decapitator on the master buss is my new favourite thing. It's added something I never got itb. Favourite plug by far.

Sent from my HTC Desire using Gearslutz.com App
Quote:
Originally Posted by DisforDorian View Post
second on the soundtoys, check out effectrix plugs as well and rob papen stuff i know a few soundesigners who hammer those plugs
Obviously the soundtoys plugins are rocking throughout the mixing scene, but can anyone tell me how they differ from other dev companies that make similar products? I've demoed them and felt that they all did something another plugin (Either I demoed or that I own) does...but then again, I only demoed them for a short period of time and never really dug in. I'd be convinced to try them out again if some others could tell me why these plugins are so great (not being sarcastic at all, just being curious).

I already have my fair share of saturation plugins (RC-Tube, Massey Tapehead, and UBK-1)...so I'm not really interested in decapitator...but I MIGHT be interested in some creative delay. So if you love Echoboy, would you mind telling me why?

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search