The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Question about amps and EQ.
Old 7th September 2011
Here for the gear

Question about amps and EQ.

If i want to set up my amp flat with no EQ coming from the knobs what position would that be? I've always just assumed 12 o' clock was flat but I read somewhere that EQ knobs on amps are only set to subtract so ideally you want to start with knobs 'kranked' up and then adjust tone by lowering the knobs.
Old 8th September 2011
Lives for gear

What amp is it?
Old 8th September 2011
Lives for gear

Guitar amp? Home stereo amp? Power amp?

There are many different ways of how to do EQ, not every one of them is a passive eq. "Turning up all the knobs" doesn't get you a flat response.

For a usable answer, describe your situation in more detail, please.
Old 8th September 2011
Here for the gear

I'm talking about guitar amplifiers. Specifically a Vyper Tube combo amp, and also amp Sims. Just wanted to know to set it up so that the EQ on the amp so that it isn't adding or subtracting frequencies.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search