The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
what do i need to power these
Old 4th September 2011
Here for the gear

what do i need to power these

HI IM TRYING TO POWER 2 OF THESE

PylePro - PADH212 - 1600W Heavy Duty 7 Way Pa Loud-speaker Cabinet

THE AMP I HAVE SELECTED IS
PylePro - PDG2000 - 2000 Watt Blue Rock Professional Stereo Power Amplifier

im using these for djing and playing music, currently have a crappy wal-mart set-up so im clueless
Old 7th September 2011
Lives for gear

I assume you have the speakers, or have heard them, and like them, right?

The mfg site for the amp is scary: they quote x watts as the output, but don't say what the distortion level is, and they don't quote any rms output. "Peak power" is completely meaningless -- there is no standard, so you don't know how long a peak, what distortion level, what frequency, etc.

Now, if you've heard those speakers with those amps and like them, and you have some reason to think that, if they break, you can get them fixed fast enough, go for it.

For amps, good used amps might be a better bet. Stuff like the Crown macro-tech line, or the ancient but venerable DC300A, or the McIntosh amps that don't have glass front panels (MC2100, MC2120, MC2150, MC2250). The Mac amps have the advantage of autoformer output coupling, which greatly reduces the thermal stress on output transistors. They'll run and run cool forever. Yamaha has also had a pretty big line of reliable amps designed for club and tour use. Just re-cap anything more then 20 years old.

WW

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search