The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Yamaha HS80M vs H8 frequency response
Old 19th October 2020
Here for the gear

Yamaha HS80M vs H8 frequency response

Hello people! How are you?

Could you help with something?

I'm doing a upgrade in my monitors and I'm thinking about this two: HS80M and HS8

The hs80m goes to 20hz to 20Khz

O HS8 foes to 38hz to 30khz

But the frequency response graph shows a flat cut in the high end of the hs8 (38hz to 30khz) but not in the graph of the hs80m (20hz to 20khz)

Question: Is the hs8 less accurate in the high end frequency than the hs80m or that's just the range of frequency in the graph?

Here's the graphs

HS80M

HS8

Thank you!!
Old 19th October 2020
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by bpway View Post
Question: Is the hs8 less accurate in the high end frequency than the hs80m or that's just the range of frequency in the graph?
The HS8 graph goes up to 50k, the HS80M stops at 20k. Both reach 20k reasonably flat and below that the rest of the graph looks very similar (what happens above 20k is of little consequence).

No experience with either but I wouldn't pick one or the other based on their FRs (especially the ones published by the manufacturer, always smoothed but you don't know by how much or if they used the same smoothing in both cases). If features and price-wise they are similar, listen to them if you can. If not, I get > 24.000 hits when I google "Yamaha HS80M vs HS8", many here in GS. I'd start there.
Old 24th October 2020 | Show parent
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cabirio View Post
The HS8 graph goes up to 50k, the HS80M stops at 20k. Both reach 20k reasonably flat and below that the rest of the graph looks very similar (what happens above 20k is of little consequence).

No experience with either but I wouldn't pick one or the other based on their FRs (especially the ones published by the manufacturer, always smoothed but you don't know by how much or if they used the same smoothing in both cases). If features and price-wise they are similar, listen to them if you can. If not, I get > 24.000 hits when I google "Yamaha HS80M vs HS8", many here in GS. I'd start there.
Thank very much man! 😄
📝 Reply