The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
New Setup:Tube mic+Preamp+interface(can't hear)
Old 4 weeks ago
Here for the gear

New Setup:Tube mic+Preamp+interface(can't hear)

I Just got a new microphone (NTK Rode) and a new preamp(WARM WA12 MKll) and a new interface(SSL 2). With that setup, I plugged everything in appropriately, to my understanding, yet I cannot hear anything through my headphones(250ohm) which are plugged into the interface. My Preamp is Lighting up appropriately when I talk/sing into the microphone but my interface shows no sign of receiving the input from my preamp. I'm using Logic Pro X and I have a feeling the issue is either from preamp to interface or something in my DAW I don't have setup correctly. So overall I cant hear my Vocals and Logic also shows no sign of picking up vocals. I would love some help thnks.
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear
I would leave the preamp out of the setup to troubleshoot the setup. If you plug the mic into a mic pre on the interface, do you get signal through to your DAW and headphones?
Old 4 weeks ago
Here for the gear

No still no signal to daw and headphones when I take preamp out.:(
Old 4 weeks ago
Quote:
I Just got a new microphone (NTK Rode) and a new preamp(WARM WA12 MKll) and a new interface(SSL 2). With that setup, I plugged everything in appropriately, to my understanding,
Did you do and follow the installation instructions for your new audio interface?
Did you define this new audio interface in your DAW?
Has it ever worked and it just stopped working?

If you did all 3 of those things, please list all the settings, including what driver you installed, the driver mode you are using,
Quote:
something in my DAW I don't have setup correctly. So overall I cant hear my Vocals and Logic also shows no sign of picking up vocals.
If you set your audio interface up correctly in your PC and DAW ,then all you need to do is arm your track, select the input your mic is using and enable input monitoring, so you can hear yourself.
📝 Reply