The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
is this crosstalk?
Old 1 week ago
Gear Maniac

is this crosstalk?

Hi All,

Do inexpensive unbalanced cables generally interfere with one another's signals? Do XLR cables get interfered with by power cords?

I have developed an issue that almost presents as a phase issue in my Teac 3340. Now, the phase-sounding issue, which I've had for months, was today immediately followed by a motor failure, so she's gotta go in for some TLC; and thus I don't have to go down that particular rabbit hole.

What I am trying to figure out about cables is in my question above; and also, although I seem to have lost my magic touch, for at least one recording session I was able to mitigate the "phase-sounding" issue with my own body, by placing one hand on the metal stand that holds my mixer and another on the metal stand that holds my r2r. Let go, problem came back. All electronics were using the same house circuit. SO what's that about?

I am finding that unfortunately though my ear is getting better and better I have never learned some basics about electrical interference.

One Luv,

BooOm
πŸ“ Reply

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
πŸ–¨οΈ Show Printable Version
βœ‰οΈ Email this Page
πŸ” Search thread
♾️ Similar Threads
πŸŽ™οΈ View mentioned gear