The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Suitable audio interface for Mininova + Circuit
Old 1 week ago
Here for the gear
Suitable audio interface for Mininova + Circuit

Hello,
I bought myself a Mininova and Circuit a while back to play around with, along with Ableton 9 intro.

I currently am using just the onboard audio on my PC, and understand that using a dedicated USB audio interface will reduce the latency I'm experiencing. I'm not interested at the moment in recording multiple synths at once, so understand that a simple 2 input audio interface would suffice.

I'm looking at a Focusrite 2i2 (as this is the one often shown in tutorial videos - appreciate there are others though and happy for recommendations!).

Questions:
  • Would this be a suitable basic audio interface to start with? I am happy getting something basic to begin with and then selling to get one with more channels if that looks necessary in the future
  • I guess I would just need to switch which synth is plugged in to record difference ones? OR I could use a mixer to connect both synths to the audio interface?
  • with multiple outputs on the interface, could I have 1 going to the aux in on my speakers, so I can play the synths without going through my DAW?
  • Is it ok to use my PC speakers for the time being? Happy to invest in some studio speakers down the line if there is much benefit.

Thanks in advance!
Old 6 days ago
I would look at the MOTU, they are similar in price to the Focusrite, maybe a little higher, but they are better and you get more bang for your buck
πŸ“ Reply

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
πŸ–¨οΈ Show Printable Version
βœ‰οΈ Email this Page
πŸ” Search thread
♾️ Similar Threads
πŸŽ™οΈ View mentioned gear