The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Eventide H3000 levels
Old 30th June 2020
Here for the gear
Eventide H3000 levels

Hi,

Grateful for any help anyone can provide on this...

I am attempting to set up a recently purchased H3000 as a send from my DAW (Ableton), using my Apollo 16 interface.

Setting up the routing in the most obvious way, the H3000 is coming in LOUD. From the meters on the H3000, it's going in loud, and from the send in Ableton, it's coming out loud too.

I am aware of the jumper settings on the H3K inputs and have checked that they are set to pro audio level (+4dBm), so pretty confident there is no remedy there.

To get the thing working on levels I consider reasonable for my send, I have the Eventide set to -12 input and -12 output (the maximum reduction for both sets of settings). Any higher for either setting and it gets out of hand fast.

My question: is this normal? Do I have a faulty unit or does everyone else have it set up this way?
📝 Reply

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
🖨️ Show Printable Version
✉️ Email this Page
🔍 Search thread
🎙️ View mentioned gear