The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
I need Input on a channel strip Please
Old 1 week ago
Here for the gear

I need Input on a channel strip Please

Right now I use just an Mbox 3 audio interface with a AKG c214 mic into Protools 12.5HD

I’m Recording vocals only. I’m wanting to upgrade my sound by purchasing a channel strip. There are so many to choose from it’s overwhelming. I came across a TL Audio ivory 2 5051 for 385$ is it worth paying that for and also does is have a nice sound? Basically will I notice an increase of sound quality? I know it’s not a Avalon or UA lol overall what’s it worth and would it be a good idea to buy it? Thanks and I need an answer ASAP before it sales. Thank you for your time and help my friends.
Old 1 week ago
Here for the gear

Or a channel strip for amazing vocal sound that doesn’t brake the bank
Old 1 week ago
Here for the gear

What about “SSL Alpha Channel”

For vocals ? Any input people? Jeez help me out here
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew_Knowes View Post
amazing vocal sound
I know it's not what you want to hear but amazing vocal sound doesn't come from microphones, preamps or channel strips. :/
Old 1 week ago
Here for the gear

I’m aware of that

Quote:
Originally Posted by BT64 View Post
I know it's not what you want to hear but amazing vocal sound doesn't come from microphones, preamps or channel strips. :/
I’m referring to quality bro.
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew_Knowes View Post
I’m referring to quality bro.
Me to.
Old 1 week ago
Gear Maniac

So I know this isn't what you want to hear, but if you want a quality sounding preamp, you will break the bank. If you're just looking color/saturation, then sure, grab whatever tube preamp. If you want quality, you're better off saving your money. Honestly, I'm surprised that everyone keeps obsessing on preamps when the pre's on our audio interfaces are miles ahead of anything that was used on albums from the 60s, 70s, and even 80s that we all love. Like @ BT64 said, chances are the performance is what you should be focusing on. The 214 is a fine microphone. Are there specific issues you're having that you can expand on? Do your tracks sound boxy? Boomy? Not enough air? Not enough detail? These are things we can potential solve by looking at your production techniques.
Old 1 week ago
Here for the gear

Thanks guys. I’m not having any problems with production. Thank you all . I just needed to step back an examine my situation & y’all helped out
📝 Reply

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
🖨️ Show Printable Version
✉️ Email this Page
🔍 Search thread
♾️ Similar Threads
🎙️ View mentioned gear