The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
ssl e channel plugins
Old 1 week ago
Here for the gear

ssl e channel plugins

I'm currently trialling the UAD and Waves SSL E Channels against each other. I prefer the sound of the UAD one. But I can only use about 9 of them before I run out of DSP. With waves I can run 40+. I cant make my decision! Thoughts?
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

have you tried Brainworx bx_console SSL4000 E?
Old 1 week ago
Here for the gear

I haven't but I've heard good things about it. I think it's a little out of my price range at the moment though.
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Yeah, demo available but better wait until it's on sale.

My thoughts: I have all three. UAD sounds the best. But you're right, I can only run a small number of it. So it's usually goes on busses or important tracks, and the Brainworx handles the rest. I never use the Waves anymore.
My partner prefers Waves' over Bx's, but he never used the UAD one because he doesn't want to get into UAD ecosystem.
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

i ended up getting both.

the price of software makes that ok.

Buddha
Old 1 week ago
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuasalogam View Post
Yeah, demo available but better wait until it's on sale.

My thoughts: I have all three. UAD sounds the best. But you're right, I can only run a small number of it. So it's usually goes on busses or important tracks, and the Brainworx handles the rest. I never use the Waves anymore.
My partner prefers Waves' over Bx's, but he never used the UAD one because he doesn't want to get into UAD ecosystem.
thanks, I'll give the Brainworx demo a go
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Brain works is sharper and I don’t like the dynamics section. It the eq is more gritty. Waves is just clean and to the point but I feel that it narrows or boxes in the sound. The uad is annoying because of dsp but it sounds in between both.

I use the waves as my go to. I like the interface best too.
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by L Audio View Post
I haven't but I've heard good things about it. I think it's a little out of my price range at the moment though.
It's currently on sale for $49, and you can use the code "MEGA-SALE-20-OFF" and make it $29
Old 1 week ago
Here for the gear

Metric Halo Channel lStrip is amazing
Old 6 days ago
Here for the gear

Thanks everyone, ended up going for the UAD for now. I forgot it came with the legacy version too which I can use over loads of tracks, saving the better version for more important tracks and busses. It's the first channel strip plugin I've bought so I'm interested to see how it affects my workflow. Out of the channel strips I tried, the SSL seemed to speed up my decision making and was very intuitive.

On a side note I also caved in and purchased the Fairchild, Friedman amp collection, and Ocean Way Studios plugin because I'm an addict and UAD are good at advertising.

Old 5 days ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by L Audio View Post
Out of the channel strips I tried, the SSL seemed to speed up my decision making and was very intuitive.
This is what I often try to communicate to folks here. Once you get it figured out, the SSL interface simply works. I can happily mix an entire album with nothing but Waves SSL Channel Strip, a buss compressor, and a reverb.
Old 5 days ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Mordo View Post
This is what I often try to communicate to folks here. Once you get it figured out, the SSL interface simply works. I can happily mix an entire album with nothing but Waves SSL Channel Strip, a buss compressor, and a reverb.
Well back in the day when I started music (18 years ago) that’s all we had. Pro tools as a tape machine if you were lucky. If not tape! An ssl 4k and an la2a, 1176, lexicon reverb, and about adat. So any decisions needed to be made on the board. 1176 and la2a went to vocals and bass. Lexicon was used for snare or vocals and you have to cobtrol the sends you make the other work. Sometimes I miss those days until I think of recalls. And studio rental expenses.
📝 Reply

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
🖨️ Show Printable Version
✉️ Email this Page
🔍 Search thread
♾️ Similar Threads
🎙️ View mentioned gear