The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Reamp with boss br 1600 possible?
Old 21st February 2020
Here for the gear

I’m trying to figure out how to reamp with a boss br 1600, the recorder’s outs are mentioned but I’m confused because the boss recorder’s outs are line out which is connected to my studio monitors and a digital out.

I just plug into an amp modeler and the modeler goes ino the recorder’s input.
I was looking at threads where people mentioned using a looper pedal, this seems ideal because all I want to do is have the same take on two different faders, using different presets on my amp modeler. I’m not using mics or anything, just direct. I don’t have a computer or daw. Just the amp modeler and the boss br 1600.
Is this possible?
Old 21st February 2020
Quote:
Re-amping is simple. Just break it into steps and follow the signal paths while respecting gain stages.. Outs go to ins and ins go to outs until its at the place you want it to be at.
Quote:
ut I’m confused because the boss recorder’s outs are line out which is connected to my studio monitors and a digital out.
They are suppose to be line level, as its a digital recorder and the outs must be line level so they can go to your studio monitors.

To Re-amp, you need the medium that you want to have your recorded signal to have at least 4 outs. 2 for monitors and 1 or 2 for sending the re-amp signal out.
You also need a line level input (mic level could do, but you should always respect gain stages) to send it back into the medium you want to re-amp with.
Quote:
I just plug into an amp modeler and the modeler goes into the recorder’s input.
boss br 1600 outs ---> amp mod inputs ----> boss br 1600 inputs.

If you do not have enough outputs, then it is what it is. you will have to go blind and disconnect your studio monitors or maybe it had a headphone out you can monitor with.. If it was me, i would be using a DAW or getting a hard disk recorder that has the options (ins and oputs) for what i want to do.
Old 21st February 2020
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJ Mastering View Post
Re-amping is simple. Just break it into steps and follow the signal paths while respecting gain stages.. Outs go to ins and ins go to outs until its at the place you want it to be at.

They are suppose to be line level, as its a digital recorder and the outs must be line level so they can go to your studio monitors.

To Re-amp, you need the medium that you want to have your recorded signal to have at least 4 outs. 2 for monitors and 1 or 2 for sending the re-amp signal out.
You also need a line level input (mic level could do, but you should always respect gain stages) to send it back into the medium you want to re-amp with.

boss br 1600 outs ---> amp mod inputs ----> boss br 1600 inputs.

If you do not have enough outputs, then it is what it is. you will have to go blind and disconnect your studio monitors or maybe it had a headphone out you can monitor with.. If it was me, i would be using a DAW or getting a hard disk recorder that has the options (ins and oputs) for what i want to do.
The outs are rca though, this is where I’m confused if it’s possible.
Old 21st February 2020
Quote:
The outs are rca though, this is where I’m confused if it’s possible.
Then you need the right connections for the outputs. They make cables for everything. Its a non issue..
Old 21st February 2020
Here for the gear

Ok thanks.
I can monitor with headphones, I’ll give it a try.
Old 4 weeks ago
Here for the gear

I got the ART Dual RDB 2-channel
And a cable two 1/4” male to two RCA male unbalanced.
Is this the right cable? I’m stummed how to connect everything. Any advice? Thanks.
Old 4 weeks ago
Here for the gear

I’m able to record both a dry and amp model on separate tracks but the amp modeler is too clean or low volume, the distortion sounds like I lowered the guitar’s volume knob.
Old 4 weeks ago
Quote:
Originally Posted by Firecat View Post
I got the ART Dual RDB 2-channel
And a cable two 1/4” male to two RCA male unbalanced.
Is this the right cable? I’m stummed how to connect everything. Any advice? Thanks.
If one piece of gear has 1/4" ins or outs and the other piece of gear has RCA ins or outs, then you have the right cable
Quote:
I’m able to record both a dry and amp model on separate tracks but the amp modeler is too clean or low volume, the distortion sounds like I lowered the guitar’s volume knob.
You need to go over your entire signal chain and check every single gain stage making sure the is proper connections and gain powering the signal.

Maybe you should read about gain stage and signal chains. This swill only help you.
Also, learn everything there is about the amp mod you are using. This can only help you also. When i buy something or use something for the 1st time, i take some time to read through the manual going over all the things in it. This only helps me when i go to use it for the 1st time
Old 4 weeks ago
Here for the gear

Could you tell me what cable goes where to see if I have it plugged in right? I can get the amp modeler sounding right but then I don’t have the dry track. To get both the dry and modeled track the signal isn’t right.
The modeler and recorder are dailed in right and levels are right.
Old 4 weeks ago
Quote:
Originally Posted by Firecat View Post
Could you tell me what cable goes where to see if I have it plugged in right? I can get the amp modeler sounding right but then I don’t have the dry track. To get both the dry and modeled track the signal isn’t right.
The modeler and recorder are dailed in right and levels are right.
If you want the wet and dry from the outboard amp mod, it needs to have outputs for wet and dry, then you take both of those outs into a different input of your hard disk recorder or audio interface. The inputs must match the impedance of the outs of the amp mod, line, mic or instrument level. Refer to the manual to see what they are and you interface must have the right inputs

Outputs go to inputs. There is no other way to hook up the amp mod, unless its had USB
Old 4 weeks ago
Here for the gear

Do I need to buy a Line mixer in additional just to have the right signal?
I think the original guitar signal needs to be line level.

Last edited by Firecat; 4 weeks ago at 06:04 AM.. Reason: Typo
Old 4 weeks ago
Here for the gear

Could I plug my guitar into my Lexicon and use that to raise my guitar to line level then fire that into the reamp box?
Old 4 weeks ago
Here for the gear

Or plug the modeler and recorder as usual then the recorder’s out goes to reamp box then back to recorder? And another out from reamp box to recorder for dry track?

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search