The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Does a patch cable splitter like this exist?
Old 16th February 2020
Here for the gear

Does a patch cable splitter like this exist?

I'm looking for a patch cable hub/splitter with the ability to sever a connection without manually removing the cable. Sure I can physically remove the patch cable from the hub to sever the connection, but a switch would be a faster method of severing and restoring the connection. Attached is a rough idea of what I'm describing.
Attached Thumbnails
Does a patch cable splitter like this exist?-extremely-high-quality-mockup.png  
Old 17th February 2020
Old 17th February 2020
Lives for gear

If its a passive connection involving only a switch you need to realize, there will be loading involved.
each signal you engage will decrease the impedance and cut the signal level down. (and kill frequency response too)
If you're using switches to engage one like to one source, you're be fine. When you start paralleling the inputs that's when you have issues.

Most store bought devices use buffers to separate the loads and keep the signals independent. The question is what kind of signals are we dealing with here, Mic level, instrument level, line level, headphone or speaker? You have different problems and different solutions involved with each.
Old 18th February 2020
Here for the gear

Control voltage. Modular gear is still a foreign concept to me. I've seen regular splitter/hubs for cv cables, but none with the ability to sever a connection without unplugging the cable. Now I know why that is. Thanks for the informative response!

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search