The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Behringer Xenyx X1204 with Boss RC300
Old 4 days ago
Here for the gear

Behringer Xenyx X1204 with Boss RC300

Hi, im new here so im not sure if this is the right subforum, if not i apologize.

Im really new to all this mixers thing, and im not really sure i understand correctly some feature, so here i am asking:
I have a boss rc300, and i want to use it with a mixer so the chain be like: guitar/mic/piano -> mixer -> rc300 -> monitor speaker.

I found the Behringer Xenyx X1204 that has an alt 3-4 feature, and im guessing i could put each instrument in a different input in the mixer and send them all to alt 3-4, go from the alt 3-4 to the rc300 and back to the 7/8 channel of the mixer.

That way instead of going directly into the monitor speaker from the rc300, i would have the recorded loops in one channel, the ability to mute the mic from the rc300 and the control of the overall volume in the main faders of the mixer.

Can in it be done? If so, does it make any sense or should i look at it differently?

Thanks in advance for your help!
Old 4 days ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by emepese View Post
Hi, im new here so im not sure if this is the right subforum, if not i apologize.

Im really new to all this mixers thing, and im not really sure i understand correctly some feature, so here i am asking:
I have a boss rc300, and i want to use it with a mixer so the chain be like: guitar/mic/piano -> mixer -> rc300 -> monitor speaker.

I found the Behringer Xenyx X1204 that has an alt 3-4 feature, and im guessing i could put each instrument in a different input in the mixer and send them all to alt 3-4, go from the alt 3-4 to the rc300 and back to the 7/8 channel of the mixer.

That way instead of going directly into the monitor speaker from the rc300, i would have the recorded loops in one channel, the ability to mute the mic from the rc300 and the control of the overall volume in the main faders of the mixer.

Can in it be done? If so, does it make any sense or should i look at it differently?

Thanks in advance for your help!
What you are really asking is if you can output 3 unique channels from your loop pedal.
1. gtr
2. mic
3piano

You need to read the owners manual to find out.

What you proposed doesn't make any sense to me, I don't see how you will gain any more control for what you are doing.

Then again, "Monitor speaker" isn't accurate. Do you mean you will have different control and mix for a monitor while you send a different mix out to a PA

Please explain more about your use.
Old 4 days ago
Quote:
Try it and see what happens. I do not like putting a mixer the way you described. You can blow them and you may have feedback loops.
In my opinion, the monitor volume should be controlled in a different way, depending on your monitors. I use remote control that was made for my monitors and for my 3 ways, i use the amp gains switch. But that is my equipment and that what my equipment uses for volume control.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search