The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
HD6XX for mixing - DT770 for tracking
Old 1 week ago
Here for the gear

HD6XX for mixing - DT770 for tracking

Both of those are available to me at a very good price - question is, am I on the right track with these and what I intend on using them for?

The sudio is at home and therefore closed back tracking headphones would be most practical for me.

(music listened to is synthesized in nature)

***EDIT***
The 770 are 250 ohms

Last edited by s_fis; 1 week ago at 12:55 AM.. Reason: UPDATE
Old 1 week ago
Here for the gear

...I can actually get 990's on 250 ohm as well. I guess they would rival the purpose of the HD6XX then?
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

I use dt770s for tracking and a combination of hd650s, dt770s and hd280 to check my mixes. The 650s resolve the most detail of the three, the 770s let me really hear what's going on in the sub bass, and the 280s are quite mid forward, revealing bigger balance issues that can get lost in the other phones.
Old 1 week ago
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2pulse View Post
I use dt770s for tracking and a combination of hd650s, dt770s and hd280 to check my mixes. The 650s resolve the most detail of the three, the 770s let me really hear what's going on in the sub bass, and the 280s are quite mid forward, revealing bigger balance issues that can get lost in the other phones.
thx for the input

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search