The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Pedal boards!
Old 2 weeks ago
Here for the gear

Pedal boards!

When me and the guys get together for practice one usually brings a helix pedalboard and the other brings a pod hd500 for his bass. I always take an xlr from the left mono out of the boards and into their own channel on my presonus 16.4.2. My question is where should the pedal boards volume or master out be set to when heading into the mixer. I have to set the gain aswell on the mixer for the signal to come through but im not sure where the volumes should all sit so its proper. If they dance around patches the volume is allover the place depending on which channel they switch to on their boards. If anyone is able to help me figure this out so we can get a solid mix for our ears id appreciate it.
Old 2 weeks ago
Quote:
My question is where should the pedal boards volume or master out be set to when heading into the mixer.
It all depends. Its different depending on how they have the pedal board and presets set up for gain and other settings. There are no one settings for this. Its judgement and knowing when enough is enough.
Quote:
If they dance around patches the volume is allover the place depending on which channel they switch to on their boards.
My pedal board is set up sop that what ever i enable on it, the volume never changes, unless i hit the boost pedal . I suggest they set up their pedal boards the same

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search