The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Lennon drum sound
Old 2 weeks ago
Gear Head

Lennon drum sound

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=teD9t-lO_o0

Lennons drum sound on imagine - what's going down?

I'm working towards something similar for my own music. I'm getting a kick sound very similar.
But need some tips for mixing in general, how do they get that isolated separation feel? Is it gating?
Also if I'm recording with one mono overhead with an SDC I need tips on bringing out the snare, what frequencies are best for that and getting the snare more in the face sounding from a mono overhead?
I'm recording with the mono overhead 2 drum sticks above the snare and a mic on the kick.
Ideally I'd have a mic on the snare too but I'm working with 2 inputs on my id22.

Any tips?
Ps: please don't say 'you gotta drum like lennons drummer to get that sound'....yes I know the drummer is important, but I can still get a lennonesqye sound through mixing too. I'm not expecting it to sound as amazing as lennons album!! Otherwise I'd be in LA shagging a supermodel right now.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search