The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
How do I create the bass from this song?
Old 2 weeks ago
Here for the gear

How do I create the bass from this song?

I've spent the last 6 hours putting different combinations of distortion, filters, vocoder, etc, on different bass patches but I can't figure out how to make this sound... Also resorted to watching loads of youtube tutorials in the hope that I might find something similar, but no luck.

I'm not really sure where to start, still stuck at that newbie point where I know how I want something to sound, but I don't know what steps are needed to make it happen.

Any advice is appreciated, even if it's only an educated guess (that's better than my uneducated guessing)! Thank you

Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Problem #1 you should recognize is, its not a bass its a synth.

#2 Synth tones can have their waveforms shaped, attack and decay changes and just about any voicings you want added to them.
In this particular case the synth has its timing sequenced and locked to the drums. it may be midi or it could be analog. Midi would be my guess.
The morphing of the notes half way through is something you can do using most synths when the attack/decay timing is changed from tight to loose and it crates a synthetic morph in tone. Pretty typical synth stuff you can produce using just about any synth including virtual instruments. I can get pretty close even using my mini moog and a bit of tone enhancement using athe right verb, compression and chorus.
Old 1 week ago
Here for the gear

Thanks for the advice! I'm going to play with the waveforms, attack and decay times during my next session. It's really the timbre of this synth that I love, hopefully I can figure it out

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search